Thoughts on the 4-day work week. Would it work for MCA?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thoughts on the 4-day work week. Would it work for MCA?

Do you think MCA could ever adopt a 4-day work week? If yes, how would you make it work?

Senior Member Reputation points: 35870

Quote Originally Posted by sryon913 View Post
    Do you think MCA could ever adopt a 4-day work week? If yes, how would you make it work?
    get outta here. We don't want that in this country. This is a sales driven industry. people will work 24/7 (or 24/6 if your jewish) if it means closing deals.

4 day work week your in the wrong industry my friend be a man

Senior Member Reputation points: 3610

I hear SVB is hiring

Senior Member Reputation points: 10109

Go woke, go broke

Senior Member Reputation points: 68509 Olderguy's Avatar

Have it now.

Monday through Thursday is one week

Friday through Monday is the second week.

4 day work week.
    Last edited by Olderguy; 03-16-2023 at 02:31 PM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

Sure, go for it, but why even work at all then?

It's nice to know some of our competitors are weak lazy slackers. While you're sleeping my team will be scooping up all your prospects!
    Last edited by ridextreme; 03-16-2023 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
    Go woke, go broke
    Can you define woke?

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

Quote Originally Posted by FIRST US View Post
    Can you define woke?
    A radical belief system suggesting that our institutions are built around discrimination, and claiming that all disparity is a result of that discrimination. It seeks a radical redefinition of society in which equality of group result is the endpoint, enforced by an angry mob

Senior Member Reputation points: 122242 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Yada Yada Trump Biden Republican Democrat, Trump Biden Republican, Democrat.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 35947

Can you define woke?
    It means being highly stupid with no regards to common sense or logical thinking while also catering to the equally stupid so they do not do harm to you or your business. Examples - The idea Men can give birth (if you disagree you are a bigot), The idea there are more than Men and women, the idea you should hire on ethnicity or gender and not based off qualifications or experience. teaching children about Sex and gender identity in hopes to covert them to another 'gender' or 'sex' , "counter speech is free speech' (new thing) so individuals screaming over you so no one speaks is the idea so no one speaks, idea that everything is racist - Jessie Smollett (remember when that 1st came out?? And after it was found to be fake - crickets), sacrificing business or good practices to appease /virtue signal.

If you need more examples, let me know

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

5 day work week is best!...a lot of my aggressive brokers (Shout out to Orange County! ) Tell me a weekend makes "1 weak" (i did take a sabbatical for 2 years ---Ill write about it another time...LifeChanger!!) ...
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

If your looking to do this, your best shot is to work Monday through Thursday, then tell the merchant not to work with anyone else on Friday, tell them you’ll be back on Monday to help them out and finish the funding. Every other broker company will be eating your lunch on Friday, so you’ll take many losses on merchants and deals that otherwise were yours to fund. Your weekend will be longer and more relaxing though by a 3 day extended relaxation time. Unless the relaxation is offset by the stress as to how much money you lost on deals when you return on the office on Monday through the merchant working with someone else who answered their calls, emails, or got them the money they needed on Friday. Hope that helps

I'm a lady

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

better question is can you even succeeded working 5 days 9-6 . The amount of after hours emails and text i do is crazy .This morning at 5:36 am i was helping a merchant review the contract and he signed.

Can you define woke?
    The opposite of fascism.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

@ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122242 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

I'm a lady
    Ultimately, in this industry 5 day is what will be needed.

You can't do 4 day weeks in the financial industry, that's too much profit left on the table. You can work side by side with the Federal Reserve Holiday Schedule and close on all federal holidays, or offer remote & in office capabilities.

Or, you can make Fridays the day you close earlier.

This isn't anything to do with "woke" or any right or left ideology.

(My previous reply was to rattle the cages of those that posted above.

In this industry, its a shark eat shark world where you can take a day off, but your clients will be bombarded on that day making you risking losing business.

I hope this helps.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

When I was in the mortgage industry, I called all the leads I got on the weekend when I got them. Monday morning, I had more credit apps then anyone in the company. Was always number one in the company. It's work ethic.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

Here is the reality of the broker world. working harder will almost always payoff -- but with my front row seat i can tell you there are brokers that don't work hard but have figured out unique structures that yield great results (Reason #18 many ISO's work with me -- they know i can see how they are example only getting florists but know i wont release the tricks they use..... ) point is that its not always about banging phone all day -- its about if we were on the apprentice and needed to win 30 funded deals this month what plan would we do ... and i am telling some ISO's figured out the best solutions.. but every month I learn more !!
    Last edited by MCA-VET; 03-16-2023 at 04:03 PM.
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

Yes please do that..promise wont pick your merchants while you enjoy your 3 day weekend

I would be happy if there was a 4 day work week... No competition on friday's to get apps? Hell ya!

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

happyman's definition is a definition and pretty accurate. I will add that, institutions are hierarchies, and they seek to destroy the bigger concept of all hierarchies, or at least flip the triangle of hierarchy upside down.

Just to point out, that flipping creates its own hierarchy, where everyone seems to equal, but in reality some people are "more equal" than others.

TheUnderwriter's definition is extreme examples that show that the underlying thinking of woke is putrid. However, he also added rhetoric and ad hominem attached which don't add anything to debate or opening anyone up, they just make them defensive.
    I prefer definitions

Senior Member Reputation points: 35947

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    happyman's definition is a definition and pretty accurate. I will add that, institutions are hierarchies, and they seek to destroy the bigger concept of all hierarchies, or at least flip the triangle of hierarchy upside down.

Just to point out, that flipping creates its own hierarchy, where everyone seems to equal, but in reality some people are "more equal" than others.

TheUnderwriter's definition is extreme examples that show that the underlying thinking of woke is putrid. However, he also added rhetoric and ad hominem attached which don't add anything to debate or opening anyone up, they just make them defensive.
    I prefer definitions
    Happyman's definition is very accurate. His is high level and mine is the ground floor to dumb it down for people since I cannot tell if First US is part of that stupid group of people and the reason he asked for it to be defined thinking Kpeng cannot define it or if he was generous curious given he never heard of it. I also believe the example add a lot to the debate since given the definition, its not good enough for some people to say what something is, you need to give multiple examples to help show what 'woke' thinking is and help show how stupid these people are. But if someone wants to argue my examples, go for it. Id love for someone to truly explain and enlighten me how a Man can give birth or that Men and Women do not have XY or XX Chromosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderwriter View Post
    Happyman's definition is very accurate. His is high level and mine is the ground floor to dumb it down for people since I cannot tell if First US is part of that stupid group of people and the reason he asked for it to be defined thinking Kpeng cannot define it or if he was generous curious given he never heard of it. I also believe the example add a lot to the debate since given the definition, its not good enough for some people to say what something is, you need to give multiple examples to help show what 'woke' thinking is and help show how stupid these people are. But if someone wants to argue my examples, go for it. Id love for someone to truly explain and enlighten me how a Man can give birth or that Men and Women do not have XY or XX Chromosomes.
    You are arguing physiology and not psychology...that's the difference....why does it scare you so much? Why is it your business what anyone else thinks of their body or religion..it's life and yes, education can and should explain that people do think that way....thats the purpose of education, not banning books out of fear. Burning and banning books, controlling what people do with their bodies, forcing your religious and political beliefs on others....that's fascism...just love and let it all be...
    Last edited by Olderguy; 03-16-2023 at 07:07 PM.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderwriter View Post
    Examples are helpful, yes, but it doesn't help to say "highly stupid with no regards to common sense or logical thinking" in any debate about anything. They should come to that conclusion themselves.