Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 4262 Magicmike18's Avatar

Unlock funder is the most unprofessional company in the industry

To make this long story short I’ve been in the Mca space for over 6 years and worked with only one company who was direct funder.I left because I got offered a cfo position at a firm outside of the space but they since sold and I wanted to get back.

Unlock funder was posting hiring ads like crazy and decided to give them a try. This guy Danny who says hes one of many partners offered me great salary & comission offering and hired me on the spot. Not to get personal on here but I’m diagnosed with stage 4 kidney disease and stage 2 heart failure. I told this to him he said it would be no issue and they would understand. So I show up for work and do one full day already get two submissions another partner there Greg tells me did great job. The next morning all of sudden at my dialysis apointment I’m locked completely out of everything and account suspended. I call the guy Danny who I first spoke to who tells me unfortunately this arrangement won’t work and other outside partners stated my sickness with having to come in little later in morning on alternate days doesn’t work and they can’t keep me on. Keep in mind I only worked one day, produced, and even had others ready to send paperwork that I told to hold. So I do some digging this guy Danny Smolenksy also owns Diamond Debt Relief. Which makes sense because I heard them talking to lot merchants on the side and telling them they’ll restructure there payments and contracts everything. So not only are these guys not good ethically but they’re dangerous to the space as well. Avoid them at all costs whether for a job or them sending in work good chance they’ll have merchant default to restructure under there other company.
    Last edited by Magicmike18; 02-05-2023 at 05:12 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 66298 Olderguy's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your experience. Understand this is an industry driven by greed not what might in the best interests of merhants, employees, lenders, etc.... Seeing files with 11 positions with debt payments at 30% of revenues kinda of explains it all and why this industry will probably be regulated out of existance....like what happened in the mortgage industry. Hopefully there might be somebody out there who can recognize your talent with your condition just a minor inconvenience.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

So you were hired for one day, then terminated for your disability which was disclosed during the hiring process? Sounds like a nice little lawsuit to me. Contact an attorney well versed in employment laws in your state. Even if you were hired in an at-will state, companies can't fire you for illegal reasons like disability discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    So you were hired for one day, then terminated for your disability which was disclosed during the hiring process? Sounds like a nice little lawsuit to me. Contact an attorney well versed in employment laws in your state. Even if you were hired in an at-will state, companies can't fire you for illegal reasons like disability discrimination.
    I doubt anyone with a medical condition an afford an attorney for this. You can file a complaint with the state. That will take a year to investigate and by that time the company will be out of business or operating under a different name. Just chalk it up as an experience and move on.

I got retaliation fired for involving the FBI and FTC into an illegal loan mod business. Took the state of California a year to file a demand against the company for back pay, reinstatement and notification of every employee of the illegal firing. By then the company was insolvent.
    Last edited by Olderguy; 02-06-2023 at 03:10 PM.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

@ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.

Damn!

Appreciate you posting this type of info.
    It is our duty to self regulate this industry.
    Dealing with crooked brokers is where us funders have to take things into our own hands and cut them off.
    Uptown Iso Department

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    I doubt anyone with a medical condition an afford an attorney for this. You can file a complaint with the state. That will take a year to investigate and by that time the company will be out of business or operating under a different name. Just chalk it up as an experience and move on.

I got retaliation fired for involving the FBI and FTC into an illegal loan mod business. Took the state of California a year to file a demand against the company for back pay, reinstatement and notification of every employee of the illegal firing. By then the company was insolvent.
    It still matters that you filed a claim against them. If nothing is done, companies will keep behaving badly with no record of their wrongdoing. At least there was a paper trail of their malfeasance.

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    It still matters that you filed a claim against them. If nothing is done, companies will keep behaving badly with no record of their wrongdoing. At least there was a paper trail of their malfeasance.
    Wore a wire for the FBI...was interesting...

All doing jail time and millions in restitution....

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/lo...ing-homeowners
    Last edited by Olderguy; 02-06-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com