WORKING for A SHOP or BEING An INDEPENDENT WHATS BETTER?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

WORKING for A SHOP or BEING An INDEPENDENT WHATS BETTER?

What is the advantage of working for a ISO shop VS going independent. Ive been getting calls. Ive been independent since 2015 here in St Louis. Ive been offered remote positions. I spend about 8k a month on marketing but make about 20 to 30k monthly. Im trying to justify it. My net is about 12k -22k monthly after expenses. Its takes a lot to generate quality leads.

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

What city and state are you in again...Ive been known to help my isos with intros to my network of local bankers and sba/equipment/factoring/merchant processing guys who may be able to give you MCA paper? ---- its works very well when my ISO's live close by my Network of people........ I'm at a stage where I want to give back to the ISO community. Depending on your area...I may be able to be very helpful..... reason # 17 people work with me (looks is not in the first 623 reasons).
    Last edited by MCA-VET; 01-20-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

Im in St.Louis MO

Quote Originally Posted by wallerbusiness View Post
    What is the advantage of working for a ISO shop VS going independent. Ive been getting calls. Ive been independent since 2015 here in St Louis. Ive been offered remote positions. I spend about 8k a month on marketing but make about 20 to 30k monthly. Im trying to justify it. My net is about 12k -22k monthly after expenses. Its takes a lot to generate quality leads.
    If you give another man the power to feed you, that's also giving him the power to starve you - Big A Painting

Senior Member Reputation points: 3832

You won't be spending money on marketing but you will be cutting pieces out of your pie for someone else. Plus you don't know how good their leads really are.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15523

It depends on how you're defining better. You're adding some stress by using your own dollars for marketing and all of the front-end work, collecting statements and apps and chasing down merchants. The other side of that coin is you don't have anyone micro-managing or focusing on KPI's. The top 5 guys or so at the shop I work at have a monthly range similar to that and the top 2 exceed that by a fair amount. So it stands to reason that if monthly income is the only deciding factor, you could likely work less hours, have less stress and not take a hit financially. If some of the other freedoms, you currently have are what float your boat then it probably wouldn't make sense.