Investors
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 35

Investors

I’m in search of investors interested in investing in a retail business doing a little more than 1.5M annually.

The client is offering 1-3 year terms with an ROI of 50-100%. Payments made quarterly combining principal&interest.

Minimum investment is 50K

If anyone here can assist, I’ll gladly pay commission
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC
    enterpreneurstartupstartupllc@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Business2122 View Post
    I’m in search of investors interested in investing in a retail business doing a little more than 1.5M annually.

The client is offering 1-3 year terms with an ROI of 50-100%. Payments made quarterly combining principal&interest.

Minimum investment is 50K

If anyone here can assist, I’ll gladly pay commission
    *40-100%
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC

Senior Member Reputation points: 217975

I'd be careful with your wording here, as you said it, it looks like an unregistered securities request. UNLESS the client is looking for a loan and the "investors" is only because it's a startup, then you should reword this request.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I'd be careful with your wording here, as you said it, it looks like an unregistered securities request. UNLESS the client is looking for a loan and the "investors" is only because it's a startup, then you should reword this request.
    Technically it’s called “ Mezzanine financing” which is a legal loan a privately held entity can obtain by offering debt with interest in exchange for capital
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC

Senior Member Reputation points: 68259 Olderguy's Avatar

if you are seeking investors, do you have a business plan and pitch deck?
    Just a general request for investors doesn't mean much.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    if you are seeking investors, do you have a business plan and pitch deck?
    Just a general request for investors doesn't mean much.
    “Just a general request for investors doesn't mean much”, that goes without saying; I have all the financial documentation for proof of concept.

Balance sheet, cash flow report, tax returns and bank statements

Business has been in existence for 12 years, so he’s past the stage of dreams

I only took him on because of his business year over year growth
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC

So how much are they seeking? And it sounds like a new concept related to the existing business? There isn't much information here for any direction. Seriously it's request for $50K minimum with a claimed ROI of 40% to 100% with nothing else to back it up. And typically I see people with companies who claim they want it on THEIR terms. Well lenders doesn't work that way. A lender looks at the situation and will determine what makes sense from a LENDERS point of view. Or if they know it all, then do a crowd fund.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

@ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    So how much are they seeking? And it sounds like a new concept related to the existing business? There isn't much information here for any direction. Seriously it's request for $50K minimum with a claimed ROI of 40% to 100% with nothing else to back it up. And typically I see people with companies who claim they want it on THEIR terms. Well lenders doesn't work that way. A lender looks at the situation and will determine what makes sense from a LENDERS point of view. Or if they know it all, then do a crowd fund.
    Why do you have so much time to debate it, if it doesn't interest you? you have now posted more than the original posted on this topic. Are you secretly interested?

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleCapitalSolutions View Post
    Why do you have so much time to debate it, if it doesn't interest you? you have now posted more than the original posted on this topic. Are you secretly interested?
    You don't understand my point. Your general post doesn't mean anything. I'm trying to help as a person with more experience doing loans and investments. If my post doesn't matter to you that's fine...as there are other people on this forum who might benefit reading information from someone with more experience. And given the number of phone calls and emails I get from other brokers that ask me questions, that seems to be quite evident.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Micah's right here.

Unless you're licensed, this wording is soliciting an investment.

And stating returns is an area you have to be VERY careful with the SEC. Not that this isn't do-able, I have deal that is getting quadruple digit returns for cash injection opportunities. *this is NOT a solicitation for investment only educational/entertainment purposes*

You want to say cash injection, as what you said here is: "Payments made quarterly combining principal & interest." This is a debt deal, but the % could entertain an equity kicker once introduced to the principal but you can't be taking a commission on equity alone unless licensed.

If you have lenders that do debt/equity that's different and can be requesting a loan and get a commission from the lender you're IN with for the debt side of the deal - but if you don't have them, and stating equity % then this is soliciting.

Not trying to be over the top - But you do want to be careful as this is a very fine line with the SEC and can get you in trouble.

AND... side note -- for $50K - why don't they use personal credit and get up to $300K personal lines/business lines for their business. Or have a friend do this to help them and give them a slice of the pie. Many ways to help this for such a low cash injection amount.

Cheers,
    Kristina

CEO Prosperity Financing
    https://prosperityfi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Private Lenders View Post
    Micah's right here.

Unless you're licensed, this wording is soliciting an investment.

And stating returns is an area you have to be VERY careful with the SEC. Not that this isn't do-able, I have deal that is getting quadruple digit returns for cash injection opportunities. *this is NOT a solicitation for investment only educational/entertainment purposes*

You want to say cash injection, as what you said here is: "Payments made quarterly combining principal & interest." This is a debt deal, but the % could entertain an equity kicker once introduced to the principal but you can't be taking a commission on equity alone unless licensed.

If you have lenders that do debt/equity that's different and can be requesting a loan and get a commission from the lender you're IN with for the debt side of the deal - but if you don't have them, and stating equity % then this is soliciting.

Not trying to be over the top - But you do want to be careful as this is a very fine line with the SEC and can get you in trouble.

AND... side note -- for $50K - why don't they use personal credit and get up to $300K personal lines/business lines for their business. Or have a friend do this to help them and give them a slice of the pie. Many ways to help this for such a low cash injection amount.

Cheers,
    Kristina

CEO Prosperity Financing
    https://prosperityfi.com
    In the private financing world, lines of credit is most lucrative taking against actually instruments, which he currently has

Far as “license”, soliciting an investment”

Post the law that says you can’t state how much you’ll give one Back for money invested without a license

After that I’ll post the exact US law that say a private company can.

“Side note, it’s funny how looking for small business investment is soliciting
    but charging (1.40 or 140% interest on cash advances isn’t usury)” lol
    Last edited by Business2122; 12-27-2022 at 06:27 PM.
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC

Was just trying to help you as your wording as it was soliciting.

Do your own homework. Look up the SEC rule and regulations for soliciting investments.

And if he needs $50k for 50-100% - this is a horrible deal for the owner, WAY better ways to help him/her.

And factoring is a not equity and MCA is merchant cash advance it's not a LOAN NOR investment equity it's advance against receivable, it's different and as we all know MCA is starting to be regulated, finally! Thank God.

Happy New Year - keep 'em coming! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Private Lenders View Post
    Was just trying to help you as your wording as it was soliciting.

Do your own homework. Look up the SEC rule and regulations for soliciting investments.

And if he needs $50k for 50-100% - this is a horrible deal for the owner, WAY better ways to help him/her.

And factoring is a not equity and MCA is merchant cash advance it's not a LOAN NOR investment equity it's advance against receivable, it's different and as we all know MCA is starting to be regulated, finally! Thank God.

Happy New Year - keep 'em coming! ;-)
    You’re just jabbering now, lol how nice, and we all know there’s no law allowing 100+ percentage rate of return, no matter the noun describing the verb

i clearly said minimum, and I gave percent range, meaning all math is circumstantial

And it’s clear in this conversation, that I solely understand rules, not once did I reply with opinion. All I spoke of is factual

But somehow I need to do homework on your random “people policing words” based on your personal understanding of “ do-able” thank god for your deep knowledge of finance lol
    Last edited by Business2122; 12-27-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    Banker
    ENTERPRENEUR STARTUP LLC

For other people on this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience within these walls, on this site. Some of it represented here. I hope that some of you can glean the valuable information that periodically gets posted. It's done for everyone's benefit as well.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com