Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Trump lawsuits

Is the Orange Grimace on DataMerch yet? He's on the NY court website!

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nys...sultsPageNum=1

As a person involved in finances, if we assume that he lied, I view this as really really bad. Will the right-wing podcasters shrug it off? When a merchant gets blacklisted from lending because he fudged a number, we accept it. But if Trump fudges numbers, should he be able to get away with it? How many underwriters would reject financing Trump, but are die-hard pro-Trump enthusiasts? Everyone has the benefit of innocent until proven guilty, so I'm curious from a forum of lending, what the optics are in your minds? Can Trump do no wrong, therefore a black liberal woman DA is automatically assumed to be 100% politically-driven in her quest? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Also, interesting article. Axos Bank refi'ed Trump. They're also the bank that originates a ton of WBL deals and a lot of brokers have their accounts there. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...oney-rcna22068

Senior Member Reputation points: 66298 Olderguy's Avatar

Were you around in 2008 when Countrywide sold to Bank of America and all the loans were packaged and went south? Same thing different time. NegAms, 80/20 100% purchase financing stated income.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 119752 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post

As a person involved in finances, if we assume that he lied, I view this as really really bad. Will the right-wing podcasters shrug it off? When a merchant gets blacklisted from lending because he fudged a number, we accept it. But if Trump fudges numbers, should he be able to get away with it? How many underwriters would reject financing Trump, but are die-hard pro-Trump enthusiasts? Everyone has the benefit of innocent until proven guilty, so I'm curious from a forum of lending, what the optics are in your minds? Can Trump do no wrong, therefore a black liberal woman DA is automatically assumed to be 100% politically-driven in her quest? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Also, interesting article. Axos Bank refi'ed Trump. They're also the bank that originates a ton of WBL deals and a lot of brokers have their accounts there. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...oney-rcna22068
    As Trump said "Why plead the 5th?? That's a coward move...."

As Trump also said "Under the advice of counsel I will invoke my 5th Amendment as provided to me by the constitution" blah blah blah

Cases like these go straight to plea bargains in due time. But as Trump's history shows, he drags that mf'er.

Nothing worth keeping my eye on because no two sides can ever say the actual truth.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

She will lose this case and cost taxpayers millions of dollars, and she wont care because it is all political and will not cost her a penny .It is up to lenders to do their own due diligence and appraisals then come up with what they want to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    She will lose this case and cost taxpayers millions of dollars, and she wont care because it is all political and will not cost her a penny .It is up to lenders to do their own due diligence and appraisals then come up with what they want to do .
    Wow....guess the rule of law doesn't matter to you or anyone else in the country? Fraudsters that are former presidents must have complete immunity in your universe.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

@ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    Wow....guess the rule of law doesn't matter to you or anyone else in the country? Fraudsters that are former presidents must have complete immunity in your universe.
    Bet his minions storm the courtroom.........
    The Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

I've got $20 bucks that says he loses and settles.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 31251

Fair point. Can you name a former president that wasn't a fraudster?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    Fair point. Can you name a former president that wasn't a fraudster?
    Not to the extent that the Donald has committed. More people charged in his administration and more lawsuits pending for him far exceeds any former President in the history of our country. Look up the word Sociopath in the dictionary. You will see a picture of Donald Trump.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Not to the extent that the Donald has committed. More people charged in his administration and more lawsuits pending for him far exceeds any former President in the history of our country. Look up the word Sociopath in the dictionary. You will see a picture of Donald Trump.
    Facts.

This isn't a red or blue situation.

The man knows how to cheat the system, but apparently he did it a little too much. So if he were to be caught red handed, with all the evidence in the world, will people still claim it to be a setup?
    The Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

I wont sit here and defend him. There are more than enough topics to dislike him about. Why pick one everyone else does as well? Doesn't make sense. Every president in my lifetime has been a criminal. Some just hide it better than others. A bank failing to do sufficient due diligence on assets they are collateralizing is probably the most minimal thing he has done wrong. Don't you do collateralized deals all day long? Is every client that you have ever gotten an amazing appraisal for a fraudster now too?

Since everybody cheats, it's OK....just the big or stupid ones get caught.

Actually you may not be far off the truth.

The objective of business is to screw people and make a profit.

That's the definition of capitalism.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

At no point did I say its OK. I just stated that there are way more egregious topics to point out relative to Trump. Seems like anyone in the industry thinking he did something so bad, is kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

At no point did I say its OK. I just stated that there are way more egregious topics to point out relative to Trump. Seems like anyone in the industry thinking he did something so bad, is kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
    All politicians serve at the pleasure of their donors. Donald is just worse in that respect.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

explain to me why it is new york suing and not the banks ? also why is she filing civil not criminal ?

He wont answer any questions directly. It is all just deflection and redirection. Answering questions with questions. I don't care red/blue however the lack of self reflection or accountability blows my mind.

I am not a Trump fan, however let a lender value my house for triple what its worth and I am damn sure cashing that check. Does that make me a fraudster or does that mean that the bank needs to reevaluate how they underwrite?
    Last edited by Oxforddan; 09-23-2022 at 11:36 AM.

He wont answer any questions directly. It is all just deflection and redirection. Answering questions with questions. I don't care red/blue however the lack of self reflection or accountability blows my mind.

I am not a Trump fan, however let a lender value my house for triple what its worth and I am damn sure cashing that check. Does that make me a fraudster or does that mean that the bank needs to reevaluate how they underwrite?
    All the above.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    explain to me why it is new york suing and not the banks ? also why is she filing civil not criminal ?
    She is Civil. Criminal is a different office and working the same case.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 54

RE: Trump Lawsuits

IMHO it's another political witch hunt.

A borrower can't just "over state the value" of real estate assets in order to get a larger loan.

Banks don't just take a borrowers word for that. There's this little thing called performing due diligence and getting an arms length appraisal, no matter who you are.

Hasn't anyone noticed that the dems have brought up countless accusations ever since he was elected in an "attempt to overthrow a duly elected president " - 4 years worth? All ending up as nothing?

Before he was elected they kissed his ass. When he beat Hillary all of a sudden he was an enemy of the state.

They're just trying to keep him from ever running for office again.

I don't think he can run again. They succeeded in turning public opinion against him no matter whether any charges were true or not.

But again IMHO this is all political male bovine excretion.

No skin off my ass either way, or yours so who really gives a flying what - not?

Mike Lewis - commercial real estate loan broker / owner
    No up front fees loan broker
    Commercial real estate loans: Acquisition, refinance, construction and FAST bridge loans from $200k +

tel/voicemail: 937-964-5355
    cell/voicemail: 440-637-5646
    corporate email: mikelewis@michaellewisgroup.com

www.linkedin.com/in/cigarmike

Veteran Owned

WE CO-BROKER with an even 50/50 split and we both get paid by wire at close.

We issue a combination mutual NDA / fee split, you introduce your CRE clients to us stating simply we handle your commercial real estate loans, we take it from there and keep you in the loop. When a loan you referred closes, you get paid at close by wire.If you can work with that please do not hesitate to contact us. Our loan forms are vanilla with no company name.

Michael Lewis Group Commercial real estate loans

http://michaellewisgroup.com/index.html

Loan Matrix

Forms

About Us

Discounted cell phone plans starting at $15 / month. AT&T from $30/mo, T-Mobile from $15/mo, Verizon from $35/mo.

http://arthodyd.com/d.html

Right...threatening violence and overthrowing a fair election is just a witch hunt huh?

Sounds like Fascism to me.
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by creloan View Post
    A borrower can't just "over state the value" of real estate assets in order to get a larger loan.

Banks don't just take a borrowers word for that. There's this little thing called performing due diligence and getting an arms length appraisal, no matter who you are.
    Um, a borrower can over state the value of their assets. And yes, Banks do take their word for it. This is coming from a bank loan originator for 5+ years who now is on the other side as an underwriter.

Both Trump and the Bank can and should be held liable. However, the way our justice system works, nothing extreme is going to happen here.

This is all a matter of KYC blowing up in the banks face and taking the Borrower's word. Due Diligence here for this caliber of transaction can somewhat slip through the cracks, just not drastic enough to warrant immediate regulatory red flags. With so many assets under this mans name, one cant sit there and evaluate them all for proper values when the borrower may have some sort of rapport.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

Bank executives were in on the fraud and were forced out of the company. Same Ol' Sheit....
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

Bank executives were in on the fraud and were forced out of the company. Same Ol' Sheit....
    Steve, don't say that here. You're going to make republicans angry.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    Steve, don't say that here. You're going to make republicans angry.
    But Hillary's emails?
    Steve Benjamin

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com

But Hillary's emails?
    Don't you dare......
    The Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based