Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Clear Separation already starting

Is it me, or do we really now see a Clear Separation between really good funders and ones who want to be good funders happening more and more? At first everyone offered the same thing with some slight variations here and there. Now I am seeing a huge difference between MCC, ODC, CAN, and some others VS places like Retail, ARF, BFS, etc......

The first group I mentioned (MCC, ODC, CAN etc) has same day UW, best programs and terms, aggressive rates for top ISO's and reasonable UW as well as actual UW's you can speak with, the next group is just too "low and slow" to the punch on everything when it comes to UW times, Terms, rates, UW Analysis, etc...... (or at least that's what I have seen). I can only imagine as the industry widens for the larger guys and shrinks for the others that these others will get pushed out just because they cannot compete with the big boys and only the ISO's who are stuck submitting to them will be submitting to them....... Anyone else noticing that?

Senior Member Reputation points: 16735

I think the ISO split will happen shortly. Those ISO's investing in technology and building a brand with an array of product offerings will be more aligned with those first group of funders. I also see companies like Biz2Credit and Lendio becoming more important to these funders as a referral channel as well.
    Last edited by channin19; 12-09-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Clear Separation already starting

I agree with you there. Lead generators will go exclusive or become more aligned with the first group of Funders.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1422

I agree on the speed aspect, these others are trying different angles to lure ISO's in and then change policies in the next few months after making them a run a mill shop with no real lucrative offer.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

The interesting differentiator is that those three companies also have what I would imagine to be some of the largest direct sales channels as well. Which makes sense. You need to build your infrastructure and process to grow your business and the direct sales side. You then turn around and leverage that to service the ISO community better than others can.

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    The interesting differentiator is that those three companies also have what I would imagine to be some of the largest direct sales channels as well. Which makes sense. You need to build your infrastructure and process to grow your business and the direct sales side. You then turn around and leverage that to service the ISO community better than others can.
    Yeah I agree to some degree, some would also argue that without a direct sales and having the time to only focus on over servicing larger ISO's is doable as well. CAN and ODC inside sales are by far the biggest of any companies in-house sales including MCC's yet my experience is that MCC and ODC have better service than anyone thus far. I think a huge difference is technology and systems too and knowing how to really leverage that and of course relationship helps too. It's also about putting the right people in place. Some of these other guys have AE's managing accounts and these people have no clue about UW or finance in general. When experienced ISO's have to deal with these people it just becomes a huge turn-off.