The US released labor numbers this morning and it was another healthy increase.....approximately 350,000 new jobs added. It has cooled somewhat, but still way ahead of what some would consider a healthy labor market.

Thoughts?

Here's mine:

-In the last economic downturn unemployment exploded. The number of filings started to drift down as the economy rebounded and some gave up finding their "dream job" and started their own company or "consulting firm". With the labor markets very tight and overall pay in the professional job market rising, I think a LOT of the people who started their own "consulting firm" rejoined the work force as their new pay far exceeded what they were doing on their own AND they are getting perks and benefits. Also, a lot of large companies that would higher these "consultants" are tightening requirements. I personally know a LOT of people who have done this.
-There are MANY professional people who are W2 employees that are working for multiple companies simultaneously. Some industry DO allow this in certain roles. This could attribute to a lot of jobs that have been created.