Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

New in this space - seeking some direction

Hello group -

Criton Capital is a hybrid lender/broker in the commercial real estate arena; meaning, we fund when the deal fits our box (with our parent company, KDM Financial), and we offer to place the deal if it falls outside. We've always been transparent about that.

For quite some time, we have been approached by merchants who find us online seeking MCA, BLOC, or business term loans. Since our loans are only collateralized by RE, we have turned them away. However, I believe it may be time to entertain this financing space and would like some direction from those who are deep in the trenches of this industry. I hope you don't mind some basic, elementary questions...

- I understand the difference between MCA and term loans; but what would be the advantage of one product over the other for the merchant/business owner? It would seem a term loan is more predictable and consistent in terms of repayment.

- Do lenders/funders in this area of business financing offer white labelling when closing the deals on brokered submission?

- What have been the biggest pitfalls in this industry regarding first payment defaults, possible buy backs, financial exposure to the broker, etc?

- Can anyone recommend a direct lender/funder (or a few) that offers all three products (MCA, BLOC and term loans) so that we are not spread across various lenders for each? I honestly don't know the amount of business we would attract initially, and would not want to over-commit.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Alonso
    Criton Capital, LLC
    Criton Capital, LLC
    12508 W. Atlantic Blvd
    Coral Springs, FL 33017
    Tel: 786-210-5557
    Fax: 786-228-0884
    loans@critoncapital.com
    www.critoncapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 9802

Quote Originally Posted by CritonCapital View Post
    Hello group -

Criton Capital is a hybrid lender/broker in the commercial real estate arena; meaning, we fund when the deal fits our box (with our parent company, KDM Financial), and we offer to place the deal if it falls outside. We've always been transparent about that.

For quite some time, we have been approached by merchants who find us online seeking MCA, BLOC, or business term loans. Since our loans are only collateralized by RE, we have turned them away. However, I believe it may be time to entertain this financing space and would like some direction from those who are deep in the trenches of this industry. I hope you don't mind some basic, elementary questions...

- I understand the difference between MCA and term loans; but what would be the advantage of one product over the other for the merchant/business owner? It would seem a term loan is more predictable and consistent in terms of repayment.

- Do lenders/funders in this area of business financing offer white labelling when closing the deals on brokered submission?

- What have been the biggest pitfalls in this industry regarding first payment defaults, possible buy backs, financial exposure to the broker, etc?

- Can anyone recommend a direct lender/funder (or a few) that offers all three products (MCA, BLOC and term loans) so that we are not spread across various lenders for each? I honestly don't know the amount of business we would attract initially, and would not want to over-commit.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Alonso
    Criton Capital, LLC
    I can give you a call if you like. If so what is your name.

Senior Member Reputation points: 66298 Olderguy's Avatar

Nice talking to you Joe...pretty sure I answered all your questons.
    Last edited by Olderguy; 08-25-2022 at 02:21 PM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Hello - Sent you an email.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111