Fundshop
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Reputation points: 1158

Fundshop

Just caught these guys calling a merchant that I submitted to them, and that someone I submitted to also sent to them apparently. Put my phone number as the merchant number and what do you know, "Chris, from Fundshop's underwriting department" called thinking it was the merchant trying to backdoor me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Rich McKellar

www.linkedin.com/in/richardmckellar

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmckellar View Post
    Just caught these guys calling a merchant that I submitted to them, and that someone I submitted to also sent to them apparently. Put my phone number as the merchant number and what do you know, "Chris, from Fundshop's underwriting department" called thinking it was the merchant trying to backdoor me.
    this is a practice we used to deal with all the Funders at some point... the bigger Funders that you have a relationship with usually will not happen...sometimes..And now that you know what funder you sent it to than you are aware of the leak? Sad story is that not all Funders have these issues but certain key employees that are on that submissions email are always looking to make some extra money and filter your approvals to sometimes an in house sales team that is directly working for the same funder you are submitting to...

in my past expierence we would create a Google voice number for each funder and have the admins who submit to the Funders change the numbers on app and erase the email in a whole off the application. It is time consuming for the admins but trust me they have the time to get this accomplished. Once you start calling the Funders out, trust me it will cease. They just will backdoor other apps and leave the submissions from you alone...

this is a nasty business we thrive in called the MCA

BUT... everything can be traced and set up for low key spys under the Funders roof..
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio ®

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

So the application that the merchant signed you are deliberately falsifying the application?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
    So the application that the merchant signed you are deliberately falsifying the application?
    Shut up, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Shut up, Dave.
    It is good to know that you also are a proponent of falsifying applications.
    dave@fcbankcard.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 68259 Olderguy's Avatar

I have had nothing but good experiences with Chris.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 121615 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Richard,

The lack of additional details shows the quickness to call this out as backdoor. Did they have a contract signed?

You cant come with this story with very little details. As an UW, I never trust an applications #, email, or address. If I were to call the number on the app when I am working the deal and it belongs to the broker. It's funny when they attack me as to why am I calling the Merchant. Hey Dumbass how am I suppose to do my job then!?
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

The phone number is nothing. What about all the merchants who submit fake bank statements altogether which is a felony and nothing ever happens to them?

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

How about when people forward someone else's application without the prospect's permission? Broker A sends Broker B's application to a lender.......
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Quote Originally Posted by Hedley Lamarr View Post
    How about when people forward someone else's application without the prospect's permission? Broker A sends Broker B's application to a lender.......
    Hmmm are you referring to selling someone's app with their SS# and all their personal info including their bank statements? I wonder what class felony that one would be
    Last edited by ridextreme; 07-12-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Just sharing the information without permission can and will get you in trouble.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Shut up, Dave.
    Lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by Akanner View Post
    Lmaoo
    Interesting to know that you are another broker that believes it is acceptable to change-falsify an application.
    dave@fcbankcard.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Interesting to know that you are another broker that believes it is acceptable to change-falsify an application.
    Did that upset you when you still had your broker shop fc financial while working as a iso rep for skyiance?

Banned Reputation points: 10108

Interesting to know that you think anyone who laughs at you is a criminal. haha

You'll never have these issues with FirstLine. Guaranteed.
    Direct Funder | FirstLine Advance | New York, NY.

firstlineadvance.com
    Call us: 929-592-3073
    Email us: subs@firstlineadvance.com

1st position and up | Snap Funding within 2 hours | No credit checks

Currently accepting new ISO's!

Senior Member Reputation points: 29542

you really are an idiot dave. you arent falsifying an app by whiting out a phone number and email.

for the places i suspect of backdooring, absolutely. if I get an offer that is being accepted, then i provide the original to them so that they have the correct contact information. You should shut your mouth sometime. I've been around as long, if not longer than you, and I don't just allow scumbag companies to take my clients from me.
    Last edited by rmckellar; 07-12-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Rich McKellar

I can actually come with this story, because it happened. What is not understood? It's a client that I have had for 3 years, who I have funded over 12 times, and who I am funding now. They called my number thinking it was my client, hung up when I confronted them, have ignored every phonecall thereafter, have ignored emails to their ownership, and I was just letting you all to not send your files there unless you want them stolen.

Hey, if you don't care, doesn't matter to me. There's a reason that I have renewal clients who I have been funding for 10 years now. It's because I'm not a scumbag and because I don't allow scumbags to steal my files just because I gave their 'funding company' a chance.

Rich McKellar

Quote Originally Posted by FirstLine Advance View Post
    You'll never have these issues with FirstLine. Guaranteed.
    How can you possibly be able to guarantee it? That would make me wanna run far away. It can happen ANYWHERE, even without your knowledge of someone doing it at your shop.

I can actually come with this story, because it happened. What is not understood? It's a client that I have had for 3 years, who I have funded over 12 times, and who I am funding now. They called my number thinking it was my client, hung up when I confronted them, have ignored every phonecall thereafter, have ignored emails to their ownership, and I was just letting you all to not send your files there unless you want them stolen.

Hey, if you don't care, doesn't matter to me. There's a reason that I have renewal clients who I have been funding for 10 years now. It's because I'm not a scumbag and because I don't allow scumbags to steal my files just because I gave their 'funding company' a chance.
    RESPECT. Death to ALL the Scumbags in this game, probably 70% off the rip lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 23563

There are many times I feel my deals are being stolen from me..(from even the big names)

I would be an idiot to believe those feelings all the time... but I would be a bigger idiot if I didn't think that over the years . 10's of thousands of of my marketing dollars didn't directly line other peoples pockets.

best advice: Work hard.. be honest.. believe in g-d.. and keep your list of funders tight.. also ... dont be scum.
    Last edited by goatFunding; 07-12-2022 at 12:31 PM.

What I typically do is I have several funders like Kapitus or On Deck who I know aren't selling my data or backdooring me, I provide them with the application that has the correct info on it. For most other funders, I have a backup application that before the merchant even signs it, auto populates my phone number into those sections and creates a secondary version of the app. If we get an offer and I'm requesting contracts, I provide the application with the correct info on it because I, you know, want the docs to go to the right place. I've personally never had a funder have an issue with it, including this file that I am working to fund right now. I have caught several shops that were 'funders' or who a 'funder' I submitted to forwarded it to, and they've called my merchants trying to steal said files. It is what it is, I've been in this industry too long to hand some shmuck my commissions and I don't care what some douchebag who isnt one of my funders thinks. There's times I have to send files to a new company that I don't have history with and I don't trust them, and this method has served me well to sort out those pieces of garbage who think they have some right to call my merchant, lie to them, and swindle them into a commission.

Rich McKellar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Did that upset you when you still had your broker shop fc financial while working as a iso rep for skyiance?
    A broker that wipes out a merchant's phone number, email, or changes that info , plus changing the date the application was signed -
    Yes those would be red flags for me.

If I'm the guy writing the check (which I'm not) I would not accept applications from that broker.

In my Sales Career I've written Life/Health Insurance, SBA Loans, Credit Card/ACH Processing Applications and would never consider changing
    or submitting false information to Underwriting.

I can recall a few times before E-Mail - Docu Sign Era traveling back to an applicants Home/Business because I neglected to secure a signature on part of an application.
    dave@fcbankcard.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 49585 CraaaCraaa Radio's Avatar

you must be new to the industry. which also tells me that your conversion rate is not the best either.
    Disclaimer
    This message brought to you by
    :

CraaaCraaa Radio ®

http://debanked.com/merchant-cash-ad...nce-directory/

World of MCA
    E.V.P Business Development