Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice for a 23 year old getting started in the space.

Hello All, hope this finds you well.

I have been in the space for about 10 months now, and like to think I am finally getting it down to where I can consistently close deals, and feel confident in my abilities.

However, I am not making nearly close to what seems achievable in this space.

Where I work is stingy in terms of commission %, and barely even provides me with the leads or approvals to make more.

For example this month I've had about 19 Approvals, closed 9, and funded $118,000 with an average deal size of $13,000 getting 26% commission LOL!!

I was thinking of buying my own leads, and negotiating a much higher commission split since it would be to no cost to them, and would get to use their name to appear more professional.

I was wondering what you guys who have been around the block for a while think, and if you could point me in the right direction to purchase some decent leads.

Best,

Senior Member Reputation points: 99227 ridextreme's Avatar

You have to be careful about buying leads from random people out there, especially on internet forums who promise you the world. Also, it's gonna be a little hard if you get paid x amount for your own leads and x amount for leads provided, when the same merchant can be listed on both sets of leads which is common.

what state do you live in? why don't you come work for a shop that values your time and handwork, instead of making someone else rich !

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supremefunding View Post
    what state do you live in? why don't you come work for a shop that values your time and handwork, instead of making someone else rich !
    What they said. If you are really closing those numbers, perhaps you are getting some high quality leads, which explains the lower commission, or if they are regular leads, you should be able to negotiate something better

Senior Member Reputation points: 22609

who pays 26 points?
    Thank you,

Joseph Vaknen
    Business Development
    SuperFastCap

Direct: (646) 546-3866 (Text or Call)
    E-mail: Joe@superfastcap.com
    www.superfastcap.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFastJoe View Post
    who pays 26 points?
    26% OF the commission?

Senior Member Reputation points: 42992 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    in this thread, vigorously mashing the refresh key

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFunder View Post

I have been in the space for about 10 months now, and like to think I am finally getting it down to where I can consistently close deals, and feel confident in my abilities.

Where I work is stingy in terms of commission %, and barely even provides me with the leads or approvals to make more.

For example this month I've had about 19 Approvals, closed 9, and funded $118,000 with an average deal size of $13,000 getting 26% commission LOL!!

I was thinking of buying my own leads, and negotiating a much higher commission split since it would be to no cost to them, and would get to use their name to appear more professional.

I was wondering what you guys who have been around the block for a while think, and if you could point me in the right direction to purchase some decent leads.

Best,
    Yeah I have some advice, dont sign a ****ing non-compete unless youre cock-sure that your new shop is home
    Anything less than 30% Comm 30% PSF is bull****, you can find a better split
    Don't trust anyone you don't know personally
    Don't trust a DM off of DailyFunder, look into the ISOs yourself and make sure they have actual good Processors and not some jerkoff broker submitting the files
    If they don't have at least 5 A Paper funders to send deals to they're pikers

If you want more info DM me, been an ISO for quite some time

who pays 26 points?
    you must be new... he said 26% commission - not points bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    What they said. If you are really closing those numbers, perhaps you are getting some high quality leads, which explains the lower commission, or if they are regular leads, you should be able to negotiate something better
    See that's the thing. Most of my deals for this month came from me mining the leads in CRM that everyone on the team has access to. And I also had a couple of renewals. Maybe 2 deals came from fresh leads. I think you both might be right, maybe it's time to start thinking of finding somewhere that values my efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    you must be new... he said 26% commission - not points bruh
    LOL far from new. Misread bruh.
    Thank you,

Joseph Vaknen
    Business Development
    SuperFastCap

www.superfastcap.com

Best,
    Real talk - for a new guy in the industry at 23 you're doing really well. Keep up the hustle and grind.
    Thank you,

Joseph Vaknen
    Business Development
    SuperFastCap

www.superfastcap.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

Best,
    TEXT ME ....I will give you a personal free crash course .... I Started in 2005 ..... (anyone else can text me as well!!) its just the last days of the month and making record approvals and funding non-stop dont have more then a min here and there to post here ---- but will speak at nights....
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Best,
    how many calls do you make a day ? what was your total submission count including the not approved

Quote Originally Posted by MCA-VET View Post
    TEXT ME ....I will give you a personal free crash course .... I Started in 2005 ..... (anyone else can text me as well!!) its just the last days of the month and making record approvals and funding non-stop dont have more then a min here and there to post here ---- but will speak at nights....
    Marcus, can you send me your declines?
    Thank you,

Joseph Vaknen
    Business Development
    SuperFastCap

www.superfastcap.com

Marcus, can you send me your declines?
    Hey Joe -
    The best I can do for you right now is not compete with your 10K and below small files. Regarding your question.....

Capybara Capital is 100% ISO-Driven ---- submissions to Capybara Capital are safe from ever becoming a lead or being contacted by anyone. (one of the main reasons we recently won the business of one of the largest MCA brokerage shops in the USA -- and they also like our Long-Term/Low Factor -buy rate).
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by MCA-VET View Post
    Hey Joe -
    The best I can do for you right now is not compete with your 10K and below small files. Regarding your question.....

Capybara Capital is 100% ISO-Driven ---- submissions to Capybara Capital are safe from ever becoming a lead or being contacted by anyone. (one of the main reasons we recently won the business of one of the largest MCA brokerage shops in the USA -- and they also like our Long-Term/Low Factor -buy rate).
    Marcus, I’d do anything for you to update your email blasts. The text is 7 different colors, 5 different sizes and all in comic sans. That has the potential to give someone a stroke. Isn’t there a template you can use?

Senior Member Reputation points: 65969

Best,
    Where do you live?

There's tons of shops out there that take care of their reps and pay well, most require you to be in the office for obvious reasons. Unfortunately I don't have any ISOs in Philly that I can refer you to. In my experience the most successful shops are generally based in NY, Cali, Utah and FL.
    Last edited by Anthony@fundry; 06-30-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    Anthony
    Senior Funding Coordinator
    Anthony@fundersconnect.com
    Direct: 201-523-2596
    Fundersconnect Is An Approved Vendor of Delta Bridge Funding Products

If your looking to be a sales rep in the Philly area reach out to me ... I actually have submitting ISO's that perhaps may be interested -- Would need to speak to you and then to them.... PM ME.
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Never known any funders in Philly other than Par.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    how many calls do you make a day ? what was your total submission count including the not approved
    amount of calls is irrelevant.
    i know from my own experience and from friends working in a few diff shops over the years.

those who make less calls but have better quality leads do much better. (where and how they get them is not my business)

alot of broker shops just push their brokers to dialout as much as possible with crap ucc leads - when you make a few hundred calls attempts a day, that pretty much means your time is spent dialing out not speaking to merchants and closing

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

Quote Originally Posted by senddocsplox View Post
    yeah i have some advice, dont sign a ****ing non-compete unless youre cock-sure that your new shop is home
    anything less than 30% comm 30% psf is bull****, you can find a better split
    don't trust anyone you don't know personally
    don't trust a dm off of dailyfunder, look into the isos yourself and make sure they have actual good processors and not some jerkoff broker submitting the files
    if they don't have at least 5 a paper funders to send deals to they're pikers

if you want more info dm me, been an iso for quite some time
    this is the best advice you are going to get.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by kevin@rossi View Post
    i know from my own experience and from friends working in a few diff shops over the years.

those who make less calls but have better quality leads do much better. (where and how they get them is not my business)

alot of broker shops just push their brokers to dialout as much as possible with crap ucc leads - when you make a few hundred calls attempts a day, that pretty much means your time is spent dialing out not speaking to merchants and closing
    it is relevant to see if he is getting good leads or bad leads

Senior Member Reputation points: 99227 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin@rossi View Post

Amount of calls made per day is absolutely relevant. That's the difference between a great sales rep and an order taker. Even if they're getting good leads, it's not always a "one call close", so if you're not following up on all of you're current prospects while calling new ones all day and just sitting back waiting for your deals to fund, it isn't the most optimal approach. Dialing all day is, no matter how good or bad the leads are.
    Last edited by ridextreme; 06-30-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    Amount of calls made per day is absolutely relevant. There's a difference between a great sales rep and an order taker. Even if they're getting good leads, it's not always a "one call close", so if you're not following up on you're current prospects while calling new ones all day and just sitting back waiting for your deals to fund isn't the most optimal approach. Dialing all day is.
    to reiterate... when your boss expects you to be daily 300 numbers plus a day, there is not alot of quality time being spoken to merchants and closing being done.
    all the boss cares is that the ucc leads he paid for are being put to work.
    those who have better quality leads and reach out to 50 new leads a day and have a few good quality conversations do better in the long run