Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

TVT CAPITAL- Any feedback?

TVT CAPITAL- Any feedback?

Member Reputation points: 2671

solid
    *Jamie*California*

Quote Originally Posted by mcabroker1 View Post
    solid
    what type of deals have they funded for you? Responsive? stips light?

Member Reputation points: 2671

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    done a few decent size deals.
    every deal is diff.
    some smooth some less smooth
    *Jamie*California*

had a deal i funded with them
    gave 100k plus, 5 monthly plus on a weekly - behind A paper funder

all is going well. a few months later i submit docs for refi and we find out that the merchant (not from me) takes another 100k or so deal from another funder.
    TVT calls merchant and threatens with legal and makes merchant go onto a daily.
    Keep in mind deal is over 50% paid in and NEVER missed a payment.

They lost a good deal
    they lost me
    and i lost a merchnat

Senior Member Reputation points: 86751

don't they cofund with libertas on large files? or is that myth

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin@rossi View Post

all is going well. a few months later i submit docs for refi and we find out that the merchant (not from me) takes another 100k or so deal from another funder.

They lost a good deal
    they lost me
    and i lost a merchnat
    Kevin, which deal is this? Sounds like you lost the merchant because he stacked us with another broker/funder after we funded for you and you did not know or maintain control over them or the situation. Easy to blame us on a public forum for you losing the deal and I am honored for your first post to be about us, but I actually resent this because your story is one-sided. I would love to work with you to see if we can revisit this - if the guy paid, we'll see what we can do. I would just hate for us to be left taking the blame for something we did not do and/or because we had to enact a clause that our contract allows us to protect our exposure and risk. Client retention is important to us, and very difficult to accomplish in an industry like this. I understand how more important it is to brokers like yourself, probably a lone wolf working from home and you rely on these deals as part of your livelihood. Contact me if you wish, if we can make up for it - we will and let's both move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs;
    Mostly a myth. When Libertas and TVT Capital are literally the two largest funders in the industry by deal size, it's difficult to not cross paths. While we value a friendly working and competitive relationship with Libertas, we do not share paper. It is not uncommon in a rare occasion for us to fund behind them in a deal, or vice-versa - that would be the result of a broker sharing files - not us directly with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mcabroker1;
    done a few decent size deals.
    every deal is diff.
    some smooth some less smooth
    Thank you for your kind words. I hope I myself handled one of your files, or one of the uw's below me and you had a good experience. Difficult to make everyone happy but we genuinely try our best. As stated, we value the relationships of our sales partners and our clients. If we can go out of our way to help you get a deal done, we will. Looking forward to getting more with you funded. Touch base with me if you need!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot;
    I know I've seen you on here for a while, I am surprised you haven't really tried us out yet. It's tough to say what deals we will do, easier to say what we wouldn't.

We have over 10 years experience in this space and our niche is getting the larger volume deals done for big offers. We like to get creative when structuring a deal, if we can - we will.

We offer a variety of programs, minimal stips to fund up to 150k, same day funding if signed & package is in by 2pm EST. 500k+ deals will go into the next day.

You may see our marketing emails detailing $5mm, $8mm, $13mm sized deals that were done.

All I can say is... NO CAP!!!!!!

1st - 3rd positions mainly for cleaner offers, we offer buyouts if the deals make sense. 12-18 months, weekly, biweekly, monthly programs available for prime credit clients.

Don't bring me a deal doing 50k a month, is a trucker or gas station and has 2-3 high risk funders - then get mad when we say we can't do it. LOL I know that new sales partners try out their worse-off files first.

Every deal is conditional. All I can promise you is that we will try our best to accommodate you, and I answer my phone until 2am.

Touch base with me by email, let's chat if you're interested and get the ball rolling. I will share our iso deck with you and set up a call to discuss programs.

We also have a subdivision that is the #1 alternative lender in the cannabis space - structuring deals on equipment, commercial real estate (refi, new purchase, etc) and line of credit products. Canna Business Resources!

A little birdy is also spreading rumors that we have a high risk program going live this summer.

Anthony Diamond
    Underwriting Dept Manager, TVT Capital LLC
    anthony@tvtcapital.com
    Last edited by ADiamond; 06-29-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 42992 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    in this thread, vigorously mashing the refresh key

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    They definitely have in the past, I don't know about the present
    Have it on very good authority

By very good authority I mean someone at Libertas explicitly said so

They lost a good deal
    they lost me
    and i lost a merchnat
    lol the EXACT same thing happened with me. word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    Kevin, which deal is this? Sounds like you lost the merchant because he stacked us with another broker/funder after we funded for you and you did not know or maintain control over them or the situation. Easy to blame us on a public forum for you losing the deal and I am honored for your first post to be about us, but I actually resent this because your story is one-sided. I would love to work with you to see if we can revisit this - if the guy paid, we'll see what we can do. I would just hate for us to be left taking the blame for something we did not do and/or because we had to enact a clause that our contract allows us to protect our exposure and risk. Client retention is important to us, and very difficult to accomplish in an industry like this. I understand how more important it is to brokers like yourself, probably a lone wolf working from home and you rely on these deals as part of your livelihood. Contact me if you wish, if we can make up for it - we will and let's both move forward.

Mostly a myth. When Libertas and TVT Capital are literally the two largest funders in the industry by deal size, it's difficult to not cross paths. While we value a friendly working and competitive relationship with Libertas, we do not share paper. It is not uncommon in a rare occasion for us to fund behind them in a deal, or vice-versa - that would be the result of a broker sharing files - not us directly with each other.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope I myself handled one of your files, or one of the uw's below me and you had a good experience. Difficult to make everyone happy but we genuinely try our best. As stated, we value the relationships of our sales partners and our clients. If we can go out of our way to help you get a deal done, we will. Looking forward to getting more with you funded. Touch base with me if you need!

I know I've seen you on here for a while, I am surprised you haven't really tried us out yet. It's tough to say what deals we will do, easier to say what we wouldn't.

We have over 10 years experience in this space and our niche is getting the larger volume deals done for big offers. We like to get creative when structuring a deal, if we can - we will.

We offer a variety of programs, minimal stips to fund up to 150k, same day funding if signed & package is in by 2pm EST. 500k+ deals will go into the next day.

You may see our marketing emails detailing $5mm, $8mm, $13mm sized deals that were done.

1st - 3rd positions mainly for cleaner offers, we offer buyouts if the deals make sense. 12-18 months, weekly, biweekly, monthly programs available for prime credit clients.

Don't bring me a deal doing 50k a month, is a trucker or gas station and has 2-3 high risk funders - then get mad when we say we can't do it. LOL I know that new sales partners try out their worse-off files first.

Every deal is conditional. All I can promise you is that we will try our best to accommodate you, and I answer my phone until 2am.

Touch base with me by email, let's chat if you're interested and get the ball rolling. I will share our iso deck with you and set up a call to discuss programs.

We also have a subdivision that is the #1 alternative lender in the cannabis space - structuring deals on equipment, commercial real estate (refi, new purchase, etc) and line of credit products. Canna Business Resources!

A little birdy is also spreading rumors that we have a high risk program going live this summer.

Anthony Diamond
    anthony@tvtcapital.com
    Love this whole response
    Every. Single. Word.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbillz View Post
    lol the EXACT same thing happened with me. word for word.
    Nice! hope it worked out for you in the end. When we assume all the risk on a deal, we'll do as we see fit to protect ourselves. Which deal though? So we can provide a bit more detail into the situation. Sincerely hope it didn't cause you to lose business, that is never our intention.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBiggie;
    Love this whole response
    Every. Single. Word.
    Thanks!!!! Appreciate the kind words for a change!!
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Anthony Diamond
    anthony@tvtcapital.com
    You defffff do not answer your phone at 2am lol let alone 2pm but sounds good thanks for the response

i appreciate the response and it is a decent and fair one.
    im not gonna name the file on a public forum

i dont either blame you guys for doing what u did since its you money at risk and not mine. its not for me to tell you what to do.

But what i am upset about is that not only did i lose a good client, so did you. while yes, the merchant stacked shortly after we funded with you, when i sent the file in for a refi there merchant was well paid in (maybe eve in profit ) and never missed a single payment. to go and pester the merchant and threaten him and force him to go on a daily maybe your right but it deff ticked him off and he wont take money from you again. maybe you guys dont care about one med size file since you fund alot but it was just frustrating for me and the merchant who had good pay history.

i think it was just a bit extra - that is my 2 cents
    will i fund with you again? - yes
    was it annoying what happened? - also yes

They lost a good deal
    they lost me
    and i lost a merchnat
    LOL reminds me of Reliant who reports every merchant for stacking on Datamerch, regardless of whether they can afford the positions or not.

But what i am upset about is that not only did i lose a good client, so did you. while yes, the merchant stacked shortly after we funded with you

Ahhh yes... the classic "great client" comment right after they stacked debt. LOL what a winner that client is.
    Best advise, move on from people like that. I personally don't tolerate those types of things. I professionally give them a piece of my mind when they do that and explain their actions hurt not only their funding relationships but also the relationships that I've spent years building with my lending partners.

I kindly tell them to kick rocks and **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by ABillionPoints View Post
    Ahhh yes... the classic "great client" comment right after they stacked debt. LOL what a winner that client is.
    Best advise, move on from people like that. I personally don't tolerate those types of things. I professionally give them a piece of my mind when they do that and explain their actions hurt not only their funding relationships but also the relationships that I've spent years building with my lending partners.

I kindly tell them to kick rocks and **** off.
    Agreed. I blacklist new submissions who stack fundings (even on their refi) less than 14 days apart. I also price extremely aggressively in the 1st position to swallow up all the space in the deal. When merchant comes in and stacks, especially right away, the risk of default increases exponentially. There's too many available merchants to lose too much sleep on the ones with bad habits.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86751

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    LOL reminds me of Reliant who reports every merchant for stacking on Datamerch, regardless of whether they can afford the positions or not.
    it's midway 2022, yes merchants take multiple advances/loans/locs. no, reliant nor anyone else can stop it or claim a patent on funding to be the only ones. does it create risk for first position funder's? sure. what are they reporting them as, defaults? they should go sue forward financing everest and a laundry list of others and see where it lands. when locs go behind first positions are they evil doers?

Senior Member Reputation points: 34662

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    it's midway 2022, yes merchants take multiple advances/loans/locs. no, reliant nor anyone else can stop it or claim a patent on funding to be the only ones. does it create risk for first position funder's? sure. what are they reporting them as, defaults? they should go sue forward financing everest and a laundry list of others and see where it lands. when locs go behind first positions are they evil doers?
    Reliant only turned into a joke when Adam Stettner became CEO after the merger. Ran it completely into the ground. Only took 6 years for the hedge fund to finally stop listening to his BS and after he threw everyone he could under the bus first before they fire him last year.

Member Reputation points: 13399 Finance's Avatar

I'm siding with Anthony here. It's hard for us on the broker side to understand a lending entities motives when something we can consider deleterious occurs such as Kevins above concern, but people who can put themselves in the shoes of other people and understand the inner workings of their mind / motives need not to worry about what the future has in store for them.

I think it's analytically fair to say that TVT is one of two lenders in our space who can actually put their money where their mouth is, and they do. We must ask ourselves why are there only two lenders in our space who will fund aggressively large dollar amounts? The obvious answer is that with a 10-15% default rate it's borderline impossible to find an investor-pool who is comfortable enough to put their capital at risk to an extensive level such as that.

So of course there will be contingencies associated with a platform who does what nobody else does in our space, and the non-stacking clause / converting to daily payments etc., is one of those (not for nothing) very few contingencies. I'm also sure that TVT must adhere to certain requirements their investor-pool advises which this is most definitely one of them. Simply put, the reason other lenders aren't engaging in similar contingencies is because their exposure is far lower which means they've done a cost benefit analysis to determine if they should do similar things that TVT does and they've deemed it unnecessary because their exposure doesn't deem it applicable, but TVT has a level of exposure that does.

In addition, I must say that TVT maintains some of the most professional & educated underwriters I've ever encountered along with Andrew the CEO who is someone I've visualized as someone who works incredibly hard. All of this is direly impressive to me because the unfortunate reality is that our industry has a large presence of incompetent, intractable, low intelligence individuals and I know that's not revelatory.