Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 15569

brokers total compensation

What are you brokers making in total yearly compensation?
    Be honest, brag, but say how many years experience

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

I had some jerk/idiot call me a few weeks ago and ask that question, he has a calling center and is thinking about moving into the MCA industry.
    He insisted that I'm not good on the phone, and that all brokers are scamming. When I asked what he does, he told me that he sells something, I asked, "Are those timeshares?" and he told me "Yes, but they're dressed as something else."
    He also insisted that there's no possible way that a broker makes 6 figures / year.
    He kept saying, "What kind of car do you drive? I drive a Porsche" and some other fancy car.
    He had a bad experience with co-brokering (small deals, didn't pay well, he had horrible data, and I told him such). His best idea for how to get clients was charge them $500 up-front and/or physically go and visit them to "hook" them in.

In answer to the question, dollars / year is really not the mark, because some people will choose to make less money but own their own freedom by being their own boss. That's worth money, and to some, it's worth millions, to others its worth hundreds.

Senior Member Reputation points: 42992 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    in this thread, vigorously mashing the refresh key

Best brokers that I've worked with make 500k-1MM per year when you factor in PSFs

Granted they're complete savages

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

Been in the industry for about 6 years now and never been on salary. For me, its not what I make a year its more what I can a month and focus on that.

LOL same guy called me and said the same thing. Wanted me to fund his merchants that he's going to bait and switch with $1 million LOC.

Quote Originally Posted by SendDocsPlox View Post
    Best brokers that I've worked with make 500k-1MM per year when you factor in PSFs

Granted they're complete savages
    You mean the shop in total is grossing $500k to $1M a year? Not the sales reps- correct?

I know a sales rep on this board who told me he made $300,000 in 2021. They're also semi-direct funders and they syndicate heavily as well.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23563

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I know a sales rep on this board who told me he made $300,000 in 2021. They're also semi-direct funders and they syndicate heavily as well.
    Very doable. you can do these numbers ..especially with syndication. Being an honest broker after 2/3 years of hard work and learning from your mistakes.
    Want to get to these numbers quicker? be shady, make back door connects, lie to merchants and overall be scum.
    Last edited by goatFunding; 05-23-2022 at 01:15 PM.

so the consensus is that most brokers are topping out at 250-300k over a after a few years in the industry??

not gonna name ppl but I know a few ISO reps and UW I work with that are making more than that

This particular agent (and he told me that he works his tail off) did that during his first full-time year.... I'm sure it will grow.

Individuals or the shop as a whole?

Senior Member Reputation points: 42992 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    in this thread, vigorously mashing the refresh key

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    You mean the shop in total is grossing $500k to $1M a year? Not the sales reps- correct?
    I mean I have had 2 sales reps funding 1.5-2MM as individuals, on the monthly, and charging 10% PSFs

Like take home pay being 500K-1MM per year (not counting taxes owed, of course), not including syndication just pure MCA brokering

Very talented guys from large shops I've worked for/with
    Last edited by SendDocsPlox; 05-23-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I had some jerk/idiot call me a few weeks ago and ask that question, he has a calling center and is thinking about moving into the MCA industry.
    He insisted that I'm not good on the phone, and that all brokers are scamming. When I asked what he does, he told me that he sells something, I asked, "Are those timeshares?" and he told me "Yes, but they're dressed as something else."
    He also insisted that there's no possible way that a broker makes 6 figures / year.
    He kept saying, "What kind of car do you drive? I drive a Porsche" and some other fancy car.
    He had a bad experience with co-brokering (small deals, didn't pay well, he had horrible data, and I told him such). His best idea for how to get clients was charge them $500 up-front and/or physically go and visit them to "hook" them in.

In answer to the question, dollars / year is really not the mark, because some people will choose to make less money but own their own freedom by being their own boss. That's worth money, and to some, it's worth millions, to others its worth hundreds.
    well I have no other reason besides getting a current update on the market.
    And I understand people don't just work to make the most money, but most people want to know what others are making to see whats possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MCABRuno View Post
    Individuals or the shop as a whole?
    individuals, sales reps or a broker on his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by MerchnatFundingSource View Post
    so the consensus is that most brokers are topping out at 250-300k over a after a few years in the industry??

not gonna name ppl but I know a few ISO reps and UW I work with that are making more than that
    yea 300k seems like the top end of the range with 1% making more than that

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

...dear anyone: I'll work for you if you can provide the opportunity to make 300k, all day... leads must be provided and position must be remote. I've been in MCA since Dec 2014. Msg me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    ...dear anyone: I'll work for you if you can provide the opportunity to make 300k, all day... leads must be provided and position must be remote. I've been in MCA since Dec 2014. Msg me.
    so you have been doing this since 2014 and havent made more than 300k ?
    genuinely asking. not being an jerk

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Been in this space since 2015....best year was $275K strictly with MCA's, no syndications , no backdooring, no affiliates and no collateral loans (WBL) all on my own. Could probably beat those numbers if I co-brokered or syndicate but don't trust anyone to do either lol.
    Last edited by FCF Fund; 05-23-2022 at 05:26 PM.

my two cents are purely just based off speaking to close friends and what I have picked up on.

-if someone is very good at what they do & doing for a few years (broker, iso, UW, run a small book) they should be making a bit more than 200-300k

- running a med - large broker shop or funding shop or team for a few years, you should be making more than avg 200-300k.

-if you are being dishonest ( heavy stacking, psf, fake loc, back d etc) you prob suck if ur only making 200-300k

- alot of ppl say they close/fund a few million a month but don't do a fraction. (I was speaking to a funder/broker I know, claims to be funding 4-6mill a month but has no CRM or defaults in the court system) many just plain lie through their teeth.

- a select handful made a ton of money at their investors' expense. Iv seen at least 8 lawsuits where investors sued the owner of the funding shop. easy to make alot of money if you take ur investor for a ride
    A.B.C
    Alway Be Closing

If your an ISO shop with min. 4-5 employees, and your not GROSSING $120k a month in this game...your doing something wrong... you might actually be better off as a sales rep at some large shop.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i can tell you i had a rep that went around to other companies because they were telling him their guys were making 500k plus . i told him demand to see the 1099 on the spot. Not one company will actually show it.
    he went to one shop that pulled out a stack of all the 1099 and it was from 20k to 270k .

By the broker fair 3 years ago , i spoke with a guy that told me he made a million in his first year . i told him pull out your phone now log into your bank , show me the deposits and i will close my shop and bring everyone over to you. than the song and dance started.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    If your an ISO shop with min. 4-5 employees, and your not GROSSING $120k a month in this game...your doing something wrong... you might actually be better off as a sales rep at some large shop.
    curious what you think net should be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    curious what you think net should be ?
    Approx. $70k-$80k depending on your system/payout structure

Senior Member Reputation points: 8447

I had the same guy call me with the same b.s. plan to charge $500 and show up in person. He brought up Porsche and AMG Mercedes.... For a minute I thought it was a prank call because of how ridiculous the guy was. Said his name was Ben and called me from 224 area code.
    Jason H l Sales & Business Development
    Quikstone Capital Solutions l Tampa FL
    Direct Line & Mobile 813-371-8233 l Fax 813-371-8233 l Text 727-492-8812
    Jason.Hausle@quikstonecapital.com
    www.quikstonecapital.com

Direct Lender Since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sterling View Post
    I had the same guy call me with the same b.s. plan to charge $500 and show up in person. He brought up Porsche and AMG Mercedes.... For a minute I thought it was a prank call because of how ridiculous the guy was. Said his name was Ben and called me from 224 area code.
    Jason, that's him. I thought I was going to make money somehow for staying on the call and being polite, but I realized 30 minutes into the call that it was a waste of time. I just looked back of the call logs, it was 12243196793. I should have taken a screenshot, a name came up on the caller ID.