Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Reputation points: 55949

Quote Originally Posted by CHAJIR View Post
    Yes that was from April, and after reviewing the policies about that we decided not to do it anymore.
    The main thing it is this: "we decided not to do it anymore" If you focus on that then whatever we said before it is without effect.

In other words we Evolved.

That post was in April.

So you literally broke out of your dinosaur egg and changed policies…while Joseph was typing?
    Last edited by DonMcGrath; 06-06-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderwriter View Post
    ohhh, what funder does CHAJIR think he is?
    https://www.yourezloan.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CHAJIR View Post
    Yes that was from April, and after reviewing the policies about that we decided not to do it anymore.
    The main thing it is this: "we decided not to do it anymore" If you focus on that then whatever we said before it is without effect.

In other words we Evolved.
    Too bad you haven't evolved enough to remove the word "loan" from your website.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    That post was in April.

So you literally broke out of your dinosaur egg and changed policies…while Joseph was typing?
    Nah that was a little bit after that, around May we no longer used COJs. I just never edited it until it was pointed out a few days ago by Joseph. I made the update for everybody else peace of mind.
    Now the dinosaur egg was a nice touch, now that Jurassic World is coming to theaters this weekend!! Are you going to see it?
    Last edited by CHAJIR; 06-08-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    Too bad you haven't evolved enough to remove the word "loan" from your website.
    Baby steps my friend, baby steps

Senior Member Reputation points: 9885

Just had a merchant who WAS NOT funded by Coconut but still charged a $950 application fee and then when they blocked the payment, coconut hit them with a 10k default fee. Absolute criminals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1383
    1301 NJ-36, Bldg#2, Ste#5, Hazlet, Nj, 07730

This is a big problem i have found to be more prevalent in the high risk space and not so much in the a-b space all though some funders do do it asap. I know of a shop or 2 that have agreements with high risk funders who are contract factories and you will basically get an offer on every deal and when you order contracts they will decline and have arrangements with other companies that will fund the same terms after they make up a reason not to fund.
    This is a bad practice and who wants people that are not loyal to the people writing your checks. I just want real people who call me to do biz with a merchant and look out for my pockets and I'll do the same. This is why i just leave the High risk money on the table. 1st-3rd's only and focus on higher credit score people and train your customers to expect it., so you can still earn a fee or something if it does happen.
    The other bad look is these overseas call centers are selling the deals that are supposed to be exclusive to a shop either right away or within a week and some CRM's are doing the same you collect the data and upload and people can buy it either the day you enter it in or shortly there after. we should all set standards and follow them, if you remove the ability for felons to operate in our industry it will remove alot of the riff raff and contract's should be 2 sided between ISO's and Funder's we work together and we both grow or we tear each other down and its crabs int eh bucket.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    Just had a merchant who WAS NOT funded by Coconut but still charged a $950 application fee and then when they blocked the payment, coconut hit them with a 10k default fee. Absolute criminals.
    Coconut Funding? Really? Or a funder in Coconut Grove?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    Coconut Funding? Really? Or a funder in Coconut Grove?
    It is listed in the courts as coconut funding.

Here are some screenshots from the filing showing the bull**** application fee and then a default fee for not paying the application fee. This is unconscionable that a company would even do this.

Coconut Funding Corporation V Bagels In The Boro Deli Grill LLC et al

coconut1.png
    coconut2.png
    coconut3.png
    Last edited by goldenhippo80; 06-07-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

Go read their reviews. It's the same thing over and over again. Obviously, all the 5-star reviews are fake

Member Reputation points: 3963

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    Here are some screenshots from the filing showing the bull**** application fee and then a default fee for not paying the application fee. This is unconscionable that a company would even do this.

Coconut Funding Corporation V Bagels In The Boro Deli Grill LLC et al

coconut1.png
    coconut2.png
    coconut3.png
    This isn't your average every day grease, this is advanced grease

Senior Member Reputation points: 34662

The guy Rob Pearlman that Jarded posted original responded to a thread (maybe this one or another but it got deleted?) in the past. He wasnt gun shy to laugh at everyone and didnt dispute his criminal practices. So this default fee and 950$ app fee isnt a shocker. Dude sounds like a true POS.

Administrator Reputation points: 55342 admin's Avatar

Report Coconut Funding to FBI

They're the old Golden State Funding, they were an ISO of mine in 2014.