Westwood Funding, Funding company or Settlement ISO?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 44171

Westwood Funding, Funding company or Settlement ISO?

Has anyone ever heard of this shop? I spoke to a merchant who said they were working with Sal and Lou at Westwood funding. The merchant needed 125k for a new project and already had 2 positions. He was very open with the fact that he couldn't currently afford his daily payments yet was actively seeking a consolidation. He then proceeded to tell me that Sal told him they could facilitate a 3rd for 75k, then soon afterward have an attorney's review their 3 contracts which typically results in a 50-75% payment reduction for all of their daily payment advances. This is disgusting. I advised the merchant to pay down their advances or use the reconciliation clause in their contract if they had to. He didn't even know what I meant by reconciliation clause. I'm aware this type of nonsense is happening all the time, but it floors me to see something this blatant.
    Last edited by Mynameisbob; 03-01-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 557

Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisbob View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of this shop? I spoke to a merchant who said they were working with Sal and Lou at Westwood funding. The merchant needed 125k for a new project and already had 2 positions. He was very open with the fact that he couldn't currently afford his daily payments yet was actively seeking a consolidation. He then proceeded to tell me that Sal told him they could facilitate a 3rd for 75k, then soon afterward have an attorney's review their 3 contracts which typically results in a 50-75% payment reduction for all of their daily payment advances. This is disgusting. I advised the merchant to pay down their advances or use the reconciliation clause in their contract if they had to. He didn't even know what I meant by reconciliation clause. I'm aware this type of nonsense is happening all the time, but it floors me to see something this blatant. If any funding companies or lenders are working with this group BEWARE!
    Dominick at Westwood has been in the space for a while and is a great stand up guy. These allegations surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisbob View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of this shop? I spoke to a merchant who said they were working with Sal and Lou at Westwood funding. The merchant needed 125k for a new project and already had 2 positions. He was very open with the fact that he couldn't currently afford his daily payments yet was actively seeking a consolidation. He then proceeded to tell me that Sal told him they could facilitate a 3rd for 75k, then soon afterward have an attorney's review their 3 contracts which typically results in a 50-75% payment reduction for all of their daily payment advances. This is disgusting. I advised the merchant to pay down their advances or use the reconciliation clause in their contract if they had to. He didn't even know what I meant by reconciliation clause. I'm aware this type of nonsense is happening all the time, but it floors me to see something this blatant.
    I’m not even surprised there’s so many scumbags out there that ruin deals for everyone. Takes money from ISOs on renewals and obviously the funders. Sad part is this really screws over the merchant in the long run since they don’t seem to ever fully understand the repercussions when they default on multiple funders.

If more funders started going after debt settlement companies and the ISOs working with them, like Yellowstone and EBF did back in the day, I bet a lot more deals wouldn’t end up there…

Member Reputation points: 3088

Westwood is a Funding company and We don't have a Sal or Lou here. They were terminated over 2 years ago for stealing data. If you could get the merchant to show you an email from either of them it would be appreciated. Westwood is located in Hollywood Fl and Syosset New York, Sal and lou are at some shop in Boca raton for some time. If they're using my company name I want to see Emails if possible.

Sal and Lou havent worked for us for 2 Years Both fired for poor moral compass. Westwood Funds deals inhouse we would never work with debt resolution companies. We use IVY for collections who does an amazing job for us. As of now we have a 5% default rate and treat all our partners fair and above board. Anyone saying different is invited to our offices to see our process and meet our team.

last Month we funded $17MM and paid out 1.2 MM in commissions.
    Last edited by Dominick C; 03-02-2022 at 09:51 AM.

954-350-0331 extension 1001 Bob you can call me and Id apprciate you getting facts straight before posting inaccurate info about my company
    Last edited by Dominick C; 03-02-2022 at 09:51 AM.

I have heard that Westwood is the backdoor shop for Advantage and they have a white label with 24 cap, yellow, Kash Capital and advantage. Westwood is just a super broker with a bunch of white labels. However if they are trying to get deals to default thats very wrong. I am sure if funders see this, Westwood will be terminated as submission partner for many funders. I know everest and fundworks have zero tolerance for this.

Quote Originally Posted by topcloser1 View Post
    I have heard that Westwood is the backdoor shop for Advantage and they have a white label with 24 cap, yellow, Kash Capital and advantage. Westwood is just a super broker with a bunch of white labels. However if they are trying to get deals to default thats very wrong. I am sure if funders see this, Westwood will be terminated as submission partner for many funders. I know everest and fundworks have zero tolerance for this.
    I guess that's how Dominick pays for the Lambos

If true of course

From my understanding, Westwood is no longer brokering and has moved to funding full time. We do a lot of business with them and I must say, they are pretty aggressive with pricing and get deals funded quick. Sounds like a couple of bad apples trying to stir things up for a shop that's doing big things in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by topcloser1 View Post
    First off Westwood is NOT a SUPERBROKER- We don't work with KASH or 24 Capital at all never have. If you want you can look at our Lendsaas or MCA track log dashboards. Get your info correct.

Lol guessed wrong hard work and long hours

Just an FYI super brokers Cant afford Lambo's LOL

They're just an ISO that advantage keeps backdooring deals to which is why they fund so much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by roytheboy View Post
    They're just an ISO that advantage keeps backdooring deals to which is why they fund so much lol.
    JUST AN ISO IS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD and your information is wrong. but hey you're not in the loop is okay because you don't know us. might think you do but again, welcome to come to either office and say hello ROY

big LOL to this whole thread. so rediculous
    Last edited by Dominick C; 03-02-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44171

It seems like these guys are using your company’s name still, or these are merchants that they dealt with under your company’s name. Everyone should appreciate you standing behind your company’s name and speaking out about this situation. If these guys are still involved with your company they’re giving you a bad rap.

Westwood is a great company to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick C View Post
    JUST AN ISO IS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD and your information is wrong. but hey you're not in the loop is okay because you don't know us. might think you do but again, welcome to come to either office and say hello ROY

big LOL to this whole thread. so rediculous
    Dominick and his team are great to work with! I have known them for years and worked with them from various companies! They have never backdoored any of my deals.

Thanks Bob, We did reach out to them and warn them not to use our company name ofcourse they denied it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick C View Post
    Thanks Bob, We did reach out to them and warn them not to use our company name ofcourse they denied it.
    We know Dom and Westwood for years. They are original players and run a successful shop.

Senior Member Reputation points: 29291

Quote Originally Posted by TeamFund View Post
    We know Dom and Westwood for years. They are original players and run a successful shop.
    Who do they file judgements as?

Senior Member Reputation points: 29291

Simple to search for judgements filed, and see contract formats for each one if you want to know if they're funding or not fellas.

We file as Westwood funding- We use IVY receivables, You can do the court searches and see

My name is Steve, my company is BizConnect and I’ll keep this quick.

We are running scalable Lead Generation platforms for over 70 of your competitors that are performing VERY well.

I can explain the process in 10 minutes or less and have leads flowing to you and your team within a few days if you like it. We have several mortgage bankers and brokers on our platform.

It works for all financial service businesses including Merchant Cash Advance, Invoice Factoring, Equipment Financing, Hard Money Lending, Residential Mortgage and more…. Basically, for any business that needs Exclusive, Real Time Leads, Clients, Customers, Patients, etc.

If you could find some time this week or next, let’s meet and talk for a few minutes to see if it fits your business – I think you’ll love what we do….
    Here is a link to my Calendar, let me know when you are available:

https://calendly.com/steve-0412/free...&month=2022-02

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve Rosenblum
    Senior Vice President of Sales
    steve@bizconnectads.com