Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    The Metaverse, how will you leverage it?

    Me, I have already bought several properties in the Infiniverse / Multiverse. I originally bought 8000 metacoins for $80 about a month ago. I have sold and bought a few properties and if I were to liquidate now I would have over 20,000 in metacoins... Currently there is no way to convert metacoins back into fiat currency. So this is all just for entertainment purposes. But getting into the metaverse and seeing how this all works is priceless! It really opens your mind as to what the future might be.

    As for my business, I am looking to figure out a way I can create a showroom in the metaverse where people can discover my company, see our products, contact us, or click through to our website to buy our real world physical goods.. I am also now thinking about how I can offer 3D Luxury goods to people in the metaverse for them to use in the metaverse where there are no real physical goods. The product that they would purchase would only exists digitally. Maybe I need to create a few NFT's of some of our real world goods.. So much to figure out, but I am excited!

    I am also pricing commercial, long range 3D laser scanners. As I think that may be what I need in order to quickly do a 3d Scan of our showroom, so that I can then build a 3D replicia of my actual showroom in the metaverse.. Once I acquire that kind of equipment and know how, I can then offer 3D scanning and metaverse creation services to other small businesses..

    Would love to hear how any of you are playing around with this space.
    Last edited by Winning; 02-02-2022 at 10:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Reputation points: 73181
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    479

    I really don't understand this metaverse thing at all. What makes it so valuable? To me it seems like its the same as if someone from the 1960s tried selling someone a computer and said "listen man this internet thing will connect the WORLD but you have to pay 1 million dollars for it and you can't turn it on until everyone else gets one!" Yes computers did connect the world but fast forward a little bit and computers became a very inexpensive commodity that can be replicated by so many inexpensive companies. How are these multi million dollar price tags for a "virtual house" going to be sustainable when people are going to actually see how corny and useless a video game house really is?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Reputation points: 16283
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Designer
    Posts
    517

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    I really don't understand this metaverse thing at all. What makes it so valuable? To me it seems like its the same as if someone from the 1960s tried selling someone a computer and said "listen man this internet thing will connect the WORLD but you have to pay 1 million dollars for it and you can't turn it on until everyone else gets one!" Yes computers did connect the world but fast forward a little bit and computers became a very inexpensive commodity that can be replicated by so many inexpensive companies. How are these multi million dollar price tags for a "virtual house" going to be sustainable when people are going to actually see how corny and useless a video game house really is?



    Well, a video game house is as corny and useless as buying a new outfit for a game character, or a new dance for him. Yet, the game that sold all these 'useless' trinkets, reached 1 billion dollars in revenue faster than any other game in history, and games are the leading profit generators in the entertainment industry, easily eclipsing movies and music.

    Working part time with Meta as a Data research associate, I can tell you that they're trying to combine virtual reality with real world in some unique ways, just going by some of the gadgets we're testing.


    I don't agree with everything they do, but they're trying to make an interactive world with less boundaries than a traditional gaming platform or mobile device. And its a FULL BODY experience, not just simply a controller or a headset.

    We were testing a mouse and keyboards that only exists in the air, Minority Report style.









    www.UccRadar.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Reputation points: 73181
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    479

    Yeah I totally get that it will be very cool and I definitely will be using it because I'm somewhat of a nerd but I still don't understand the hype and I feel kind of sorry for so many people because I really think this is one of the biggest scams in the history of humanity. I'm sure the creators of the metaverse will be swimming in cash but that evaluation has nothing to do with someone buying a virtual house or yacht for 500,000 dollars right? Same goes for NFT's I feel like people in the future will be laughing at how people spent millions of dollars on a literal JPEG when the whole entire purpose of the internet was to make things easier to obtain. Why is someone in the future going to care if they can show other people that they purchased this image through a blockchain?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    Yeah I totally get that it will be very cool and I definitely will be using it because I'm somewhat of a nerd but I still don't understand the hype and I feel kind of sorry for so many people because I really think this is one of the biggest scams in the history of humanity. I'm sure the creators of the metaverse will be swimming in cash but that evaluation has nothing to do with someone buying a virtual house or yacht for 500,000 dollars right? Same goes for NFT's I feel like people in the future will be laughing at how people spent millions of dollars on a literal JPEG when the whole entire purpose of the internet was to make things easier to obtain. Why is someone in the future going to care if they can show other people that they purchased this image through a blockchain?
    Welcome to capitalism
    Creating a perceived benefit that others are willing to spend money to obtain

  6. #6
    Senior Member Reputation points: 16283
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Designer
    Posts
    517

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    Yeah I totally get that it will be very cool and I definitely will be using it because I'm somewhat of a nerd but I still don't understand the hype and I feel kind of sorry for so many people because I really think this is one of the biggest scams in the history of humanity. I'm sure the creators of the metaverse will be swimming in cash but that evaluation has nothing to do with someone buying a virtual house or yacht for 500,000 dollars right? Same goes for NFT's I feel like people in the future will be laughing at how people spent millions of dollars on a literal JPEG when the whole entire purpose of the internet was to make things easier to obtain. Why is someone in the future going to care if they can show other people that they purchased this image through a blockchain?


    Stats show that if a person has the means to do it and the opportunity to stand out and do something unique that few others can, they do. It's definitely a post modern status symbol.








    www.UccRadar.com - Online, real time

  7. #7
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    So I have found a manufacturer of industrial 3D Scanners who has taken the time to create an entire learning center that breaks down the entire process and equipment needed to create 3D scans! OMG what a wealth of info they have provided! I tell my kids, that just about anything they want to know is out on the internet, and the most important skills they can learn in school is Reading with Comprehension, and Critical Thinking & Problem Solving. Here is an example of that.. I have never used a 3D scanner, but within a few months, I could be well versed enough in the field to start a 3D Scanning service if I wanted to..

    If the metaverse is coming, there will be a shit load of 3d scanning needed.. I think having this know how could only benefit my retail business and other business that I provide tech support for.

    Down the rabbit hole I go...

    Join me..

    Check out https://www.artec3d.com/learning-cen...ith-3d-scanner

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Well, a video game house is as corny and useless as buying a new outfit for a game character, or a new dance for him. Yet, the game that sold all these 'useless' trinkets, reached 1 billion dollars in revenue faster than any other game in history, and games are the leading profit generators in the entertainment industry, easily eclipsing movies and music.

    Working part time with Meta as a Data research associate, I can tell you that they're trying to combine virtual reality with real world in some unique ways, just going by some of the gadgets we're testing.


    I don't agree with everything they do, but they're trying to make an interactive world with less boundaries than a traditional gaming platform or mobile device. And its a FULL BODY experience, not just simply a controller or a headset.

    We were testing a mouse and keyboards that only exists in the air, Minority Report style.









    www.UccRadar.com
    Can you give an example of how the metaverse "combines virtual reality with real world in some unique ways"?

    I'm just picturing the metaverse as SecondLife with a VR headset, but it sounds like it something more?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Reputation points: 21939
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post
    Can you give an example of how the metaverse "combines virtual reality with real world in some unique ways"?

    I'm just picturing the metaverse as SecondLife with a VR headset, but it sounds like it something more?
    It's second life with the ability to create a "second, second life."

    If you know, you know.
    Joseph
    A Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

  10. #10
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    Food for thought..
    Metaverse + Elon Musk's Neuralink = Real Life Matrix..

    That's a scary thought...

    If a life support system could keep a brain alive in a jar, that brain could then have a Neuralink, the Neuralink could be connected to the metaverse. That equals people could possibly live forever in the metaverse..

    What about some of the world's greatest minds? Is Albert Einstein's brain on deep freeze somewhere? If this stuff really can happen, couldn't we thaw out his brain, some sort of way get it back functioning, implant a Neuralink, then communicate with Albert Einstine in the metaverse?

    Jesus Christ!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Alexander View Post
    It's second life with the ability to create a "second, second life."
    Ok, I have to tap out on this one... For the life of me, I can't comprehend with out a shadow of a doubt that I mis-comprehended your statement.

    You mind breaking that statement down?

    I've heard of the game Second Life, but I have never actually played or spent the time looking into it or learning about it.. I think it's like the 1990's Sim City but with better graphics...???

    Now Sim City, that was the shit! I recall many days spent building out my sim city plan using the cheat code so I had unlimited funds, then when everything is zoned and infrastructure layed, turning the city on in fast mode and watch people move in, build skyscrapers, be awarded monuments, etc!!! Man that was fun...
    Last edited by Winning; 02-03-2022 at 01:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 21939
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Ok, I have to tap out on this one... For the life of me, I can't comprehend with out a shadow of a doubt that I mis-comprehended your statement.

    You mind breaking that statement down?

    I've heard of the game Second Life, but I have never actually played or spent the time looking into it or learning about it.. I think it's like the 1990's Sim City but with better graphics...???

    Now Sim City, that was the shit! I recall many days spent building out my sim city plan using the cheat code so I had unlimited funds, then when everything is zoned and infrastructure layed, turning the city on in fast mode and watch people move in, build skyscrapers, be awarded monuments, etc!!! Man that was fun...
    The Office, Season 4, Episode 9.

    Find it on Peacock, enjoy the laugh & thank me later.

    This was all in good fun/humor.
    Joseph
    A Brokers Nightmare
    Florida-Based

  13. #13
    Senior Member Reputation points: 73181
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    479

    Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Food for thought..
    Metaverse + Elon Musk's Neuralink = Real Life Matrix..

    That's a scary thought...

    If a life support system could keep a brain alive in a jar, that brain could then have a Neuralink, the Neuralink could be connected to the metaverse. That equals people could possibly live forever in the metaverse..

    What about some of the world's greatest minds? Is Albert Einstein's brain on deep freeze somewhere? If this stuff really can happen, couldn't we thaw out his brain, some sort of way get it back functioning, implant a Neuralink, then communicate with Albert Einstine in the metaverse?

    Jesus Christ!
    I'm good.... I think I'd rather live and die naturally over living in Mark Zuckerberg's artificially created universe. I also think that people will meet up with their friends at a virtual bar while they are at home wearing weird things over their eyes sitting half naked on a couch holding a controller that will probably feel annoying sipping fake beer and be like "dude... lets just....go to a real bar and actually get drunk." I think that will happen with everything. I'm sure there will be people who will love sitting in a metaverse all day long just like there's people who love to stare at a screen playing minecraft all day long but this definitely won't be exciting for the majority of people for too long.

  14. #14
    Member Reputation points: 8145 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Your head, rentfree
    Posts
    80

    Just go play videogames lol

    The Metaverse is just Second Life for new age normies

  15. #15
    Senior Member Reputation points: 16283
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Designer
    Posts
    517

    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Cooper View Post
    Can you give an example of how the metaverse "combines virtual reality with real world in some unique ways"?

    I'm just picturing the metaverse as SecondLife with a VR headset, but it sounds like it something more?


    Ah...Second Life, haven't heard that name in quite the while.... spent some time with the game creator on our drive home from E3 in LA many years ago.


    NDAs prevent me from getting too detailed, but normally we're used to using controllers and/or keyboards for gaming, and a headset to see in 3D space.

    Picture pressure sensitive gadgets that track full body movements, down to the slightest impulses. You can write with your finger in the air, and it appears as you wrote. Air guitar actually plays an instrument.








    www.UccRadar.com - Online, Real Time

  16. #16
    Senior Member Reputation points: 16283
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Designer
    Posts
    517

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    I'm good.... I think I'd rather live and die naturally over living in Mark Zuckerberg's artificially created universe. I also think that people will meet up with their friends at a virtual bar while they are at home wearing weird things over their eyes sitting half naked on a couch holding a controller that will probably feel annoying sipping fake beer and be like "dude... lets just....go to a real bar and actually get drunk." I think that will happen with everything. I'm sure there will be people who will love sitting in a metaverse all day long just like there's people who love to stare at a screen playing minecraft all day long but this definitely won't be exciting for the majority of people for too long.


    Unfortunately, it will be exciting for many people. You can look at the success of games like Roblox, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, and even World of Warcraft, all the way down to pioneers like Everquest and Ultima Online.

    Being able to hang out with friends and family 7,000 miles away from you in a bar or concert or club, or other social environment, is VERY appealing to gamers, social and hardcore alike. There's a reason these games make so much money and cause the developers to be acquired for half a billion to a billion+ dollars.

    The trends show this is a growing, exploding market. When Goldman Sachs has pitch deck presentations all highlighting gaming, for their investors, that also tells you something.


    I only say it's partly unfortunate because I prefer real human connection, and people getting up and getting outside and interacting.

    This is something Facebook/Meta feels they have to do because they were slowly moving towards irrelevance, with a much older demographic, and a lack of cool factor with the younger audience.

    They're also sitting on stupid amounts of cash that they want to put to use, for better or worse. Their quarterly earnings for net cash are in the tens of billions.
    Last edited by Franklin; 02-03-2022 at 07:37 PM.

  17. #17
    Member Reputation points: 33
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Brickell Miami FL
    Posts
    53

    The best way to profit from your current coins is to connect those current coins to your business or connect the coins to your business hard asset inventory. Turning them into NFTs.

    I can help with this if interested, I create and operate in the financial aspect of the NFT space, the syndicating and underwriting portion of it specifically

  18. #18
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    duplicate post
    How do we delete a post? .... I guess we can't?
    Last edited by Winning; 05-19-2022 at 10:52 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Reputation points: 30154
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    482

    I have created some NFT's, built a few worlds in Altspace and Horizon, and currently paying around with MRE's and Kits in AltSpace. I haven't released anything publicly yet, just been playing around with it so that I can get a better understanding of all this so that I know how to move when the time is right.. I currently feel there is a lot of hype regarding NFT's. I think the true value of NFT's is the technology behind NFT's, which is utilizing the blockchain to trace back who originally minted it. I could totally see how all your important documents will eventually be issued to you via some sort of NFT mechanism. Your Drivers License, your Birth Certificate, your auto Insurance, your deed to your house, your SS Card, your passport, etc..

    Once the American government release their own crypto, that I think they are probably already mining using nuclear power. They will then be able to issue NFT's using their own blockchain.. Question, If I show you my SS Card, how do you know if it is real or not? If you touch it, see it, smell it, or taste it, and it checks all your biases in your head that you think a "Real" SS Card should be , you assume it is real, right??? That is a flawed way to verify something... NFT's solve this issue, as long as the blockchain that the NFT's is associated with can be trusted. Hence lies the reason why the American government has to develop their own crypto. They can't guarantee the security of a crypto that they don't have 100% control over.

    I operate a business in the Luxury Goods space. One huge problem that we have in this space is counterfeit goods. I feel NFT's could potentially solve the issue regarding verifying products are original. You buy a Louis Vuitton purse or a set of Big Bertha Calloway golf clubs. Perhaps in the near future when you are issued a receipt, you also get an NFT version of the receipt. The NFT, now allows you to easily show ownership of the item and it will show that Louis Vuitton or Calloway actually minted the NFT. Later, you then decided to sell the handbag or the golf clubs. You can then go into your NFT receipt and add info regarding the physical item being available for sale, and add a link to your listing where the physical item is for sale at, or you can add some sort of identifying info to show that you are actually in control of the NFT..

    Think about how domain verification works now.. You say you own dailyfunder.com, so I tell you to put [AAZSSD124567DF] in the metadata of the homepage or I email you a AZSSD124567DF.txt file and tell you to make that accessible when I go to https://daillyfunder.com/azssd124567df.txt ... If you can do these things, you have pretty much verified you have some sort of administrative Authority over the domain. So it is possible that you do own it... So back to the example.. You post your goods to ebay or facebook marketplace for sale. You link the NFT on your post. You also add the links back to your FB or Ebay posts in the NFT. The NFT has the original serial numbers added by the manufacturer when they originally minted the NFT, those same serial number are in your product photos on your listing. So there you have it, you have just verified that the item you are selling is legit via the real life serial numbers, and via the NFT that was originally minted by Louis Vuitton or Calloway that included the serial numbers for the items. You have also verified you have control of the NFT by adding the links that you are selling the item at on the NFT (plus the ability to add any custom info on the NFT, if the potential buyer would like you to do additional steps to verify your control of the NFT). Once the sell takes place you transfer the physical goods to the purchaser as well as transfer the NFT to the purchaser. Rinse and Repeat over and over again for each sell. Thats f'kin Efficient, Beautiful, and Awesome!

    BUT you are only as strong as your weakest link right.. In this scenario the weakest link I feel is how we currently link a physical good to the NFT.. In my example above we used the serial numbers printed on the physical goods. But that physical number can be copied. What if I owned the authentic item, so that I also own the NFT as well. BUT, some sort of way the authentic item was destroyed in a fire, tornado, lost at the bottom of the sea, or just fraudulently hidden. I then go through the steps to acquire a counterfeit item and get the counterfeit item to be made using the serial number of the original "destroyed" item.. I now have a counterfeit item bearing the marks of a verified NFT that I have control over. I could now post those items for sell and it would pass the verification methods I posted above.

    So that means there need to be more done regarding the process of giving physical goods an identification method that can not be recreated.. Perhaps encrypted imbedded RFID... IDK... But most counterfeit goods are not going through this kind of process due to the fact the only way to pull this type of counterfeit fraud off successfully would be to already own the original NFT.
    Last edited by Winning; 05-19-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Merchant looking to leverage equipment/575 Credit
    By MCABroker123 in forum Deal Bin
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2021, 01:47 PM
  2. Any lenders who can leverage a factoring facility?
    By Michael Slabitcher in forum Business Loans
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2019, 10:55 AM
  3. ED business looking to leverage their 75k reserve
    By skideeppow in forum Deal Bin
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 11:15 AM
  4. Leverage Point...is it true they are bankrupt?
    By John Galt in forum Merchant Cash Advance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 02:18 PM
  5. Cityscape is now Leverage Point. Caveat Emptor!!!
    By John Galt in forum Deal Bin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 05:02 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Community banks can buy pooled FC loans
Revenued announces 1,000+ cards issued
Nuula partners with Mulligan Funding


DIRECTORY