Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Cloudmark

Unfortunately, my shared web server is being blocked by Cloudmark. Cloudmark refuses to let "shared" servers go through. Even with a dedicated IP address. "PTR record" needs to be updated and namecheap.com can't do it on their servers. Any ideas? I can't really switch my mail services to Google or MS, and that wouldn't even work, and it's a ridiculous cost to upgrade to a dedicated server (which I don't need) and pay for cPanel on top monthly.

It doesn't come up too often, but PIRS and gnr-capital are the two who I'm trying to contact and this has come up in the past month.

Yes, Dave, you can chime in over here, but I want practical options, and not super expensive. $65/month is what namecheap wants to get the dedicated server + cPanel. They are an amazing service, but this is a big problem.

Anyone else having trouble with PIRS? If so, who's doing your hosting?

Turns out that this Cloudmark block thing is coming from GoDaddy who uses them! I'd like to hear more ideas, but STAY AWAY from GoDaddy!

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Unfortunately, my shared web server is being blocked by Cloudmark. Cloudmark refuses to let "shared" servers go through. Even with a dedicated IP address. "PTR record" needs to be updated and namecheap.com can't do it on their servers. Any ideas? I can't really switch my mail services to Google or MS, and that wouldn't even work, and it's a ridiculous cost to upgrade to a dedicated server (which I don't need) and pay for cPanel on top monthly.

It doesn't come up too often, but PIRS and gnr-capital are the two who I'm trying to contact and this has come up in the past month.

Yes, Dave, you can chime in over here, but I want practical options, and not super expensive. $65/month is what namecheap wants to get the dedicated server + cPanel. They are an amazing service, but this is a big problem.

Anyone else having trouble with PIRS? If so, who's doing your hosting?
    Why not Google OR MS? For day-to-day, Google is great. Everyone builds around Google & it is easily integrated throughout most workflows.
    I am assuming you want a dedicated server means you want a dedicated IP address. Do you want a dedicated IP address so you can have reliable email delivery?
    If you are worried about sales & delivering emails, then why not send from a subdomain & direct replies to the main corp account?

All outbound emails from sales are sent from user@e.broker.com & replies are delivered to user@broker.com. I use mailgun for something like this.

Once you get the hang of warming up IPs, you can spin off a ton of email addresses & maintain a strong sender reputation.

I pay under 50/month for this solution & it handles all sales, marketing, ops, and transactional emails.

I'm actually using Google, but as a POP3. I don't spent $5/month/email address either, I have unlimited ones that I stick into a free one. I have a few domains as well. The Enterprise Google doesn't allow me to check/send POP3 from other services. I have cPanel on the back end, and setup email addresses and forwarding and aliases. I enjoy Google also, chats and I literally live off of Drive.

I have a dedicated IP address - the issue is that Cloudmark is blocking the PTR record at the shared server, which I can only get modified if I have a dedicated server.

So yes, GoDaddy is blocking namecheap.

After I went through a 2nd tech support staff, and threatening to move hosting providers, they figured out the issue and I re-applied to Cloudmark to reset my dedicated IP address as a non-spammer, and I'm able to send emails to GoDaddy again!