Amazon conspiracy against small business?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Amazon conspiracy against small business?

I swear I get at least 1 package from Amazon a day. Sometimes 2 or 3 different Amazon deliveries by different drivers a day. I am definitely hooked on the convenience. Plus add the insane return policy... How is a small business suppose to compete?!?!

Just today I contacted Amazon regarding something that I forgot to return within the 30 day time period.. I used the chat function on their website and asked the representative if I could get an extension on my return window for an item (Item cost was +$100). The rep put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said sure! So I was happy with that! I would have understood if they wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee, or even wanted me to pay for the return shipping.. But they said the return shipping is free plus they are going to return the entire amount that I was charged.. BUT wait there's more!!! The unbelievable part is that the rep also told me to keep the item and not return it! In which I replied, "Huh, you are refunding me in full, and you want me to keep the item?". In which the rep replied, "Yes, here is the confirmation for the refund I have issued, and keep the product".

Now how in the hell does a small business compete with that!!!????

CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!

Maybe The Borg had it right along time ago.... "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated"
    Last edited by Winning; 10-14-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 67918 Olderguy's Avatar

They make it up on volume....their margins are too small for a small business to survive. And they charge their merchants a lot on the back end.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

that is not even the amazon conspiracy . they see who sells what well on their site and then sell that direct and push the traffic to themselves

Senior Member Reputation points: 29542

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    I swear I get at least 1 package from Amazon a day. Sometimes 2 or 3 different Amazon deliveries by different drivers a day. I am definitely hooked on the convenience. Plus add the insane return policy... How is a small business suppose to compete?!?!

Just today I contacted Amazon regarding something that I forgot to return within the 30 day time period.. I used the chat function on their website and asked the representative if I could get an extension on my return window for an item (Item cost was +$100). The rep put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said sure! So I was happy with that! I would have understood if they wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee, or even wanted me to pay for the return shipping.. But they said the return shipping is free plus they are going to return the entire amount that I was charged.. BUT wait there's more!!! The unbelievable part is that the rep also told me to keep the item and not return it! In which I replied, "Huh, you are refunding me in full, and you want me to keep the item?". In which the rep replied, "Yes, here is the confirmation for the refund I have issued, and keep the product".

Now how in the hell does a small business compete with that!!!????

CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!

Maybe The Borg had it right along time ago.... "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated"
    honestly amazon needs to be hit with the Sherman anti trust act at this point they do have a monopoly

Senior Member Reputation points: 6278

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    that is not even the amazon conspiracy . they see who sells what well on their site and then sell that direct and push the traffic to themselves
    Yea and they know the guy's vendor/s and they sell at a loss for 3-6 months until the competition drops.