Broker Fair in December
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 780

Broker Fair in December

Hi Guys,

Who's going to Broker Fair in December in NYC? I see that vaccination is a requirement to enter the event. Trying to gauge if it's worthwhile attending.

Quote Originally Posted by zalman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Who's going to Broker Fair in December in NYC? I see that vaccination is a requirement to enter the event. Trying to gauge if it's worthwhile attending.
    If you decide to go, use this code for a 15% discount SOS15

James Scavuzzo
    Director of Business Development
    SOS Capital
    1330 6th Ave, Suite 600B
    NY,NY 10019
    P:212-388-6102 x211
    C 609-413-4140
    F 212-235-5459
    jscavuzzo@soscapital.com
    James Scavuzzo
    Director Business Development
    Vox Funding
    609-413-4140
    jscavuzzo@voxfunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by zalman View Post
    Hi Guys,

the fact that they are not refunding anyone that is unvaccinated tells you that it is not sold out like other years

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Not attending as I am focusing on industry specific trade shows where we are VERY active and or the largest lender/factor. I can tell you that some shows I have exhibited in the last 30 days have had light attendance due to COVID.....this is not surprising. Very productive, but attendance down significantly......
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Member Reputation points: 780

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry View Post
    Not attending as I am focusing on industry specific trade shows where we are VERY active and or the largest lender/factor. I can tell you that some shows I have exhibited in the last 30 days have had light attendance due to COVID.....this is not surprising. Very productive, but attendance down significantly......
    This is very helpful.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

We've been tracking it. Current tickets sold for 60 days out from this event is almost exactly on pace with where we were for tickets sold 60 days out to Broker Fair 2019. The main difference is that our venue in 2019 was smaller so the event sold out several weeks before and we couldn't sell any more tickets.

This time we can fit a lot more people, which means the event might not sell out per se, but could very well potentially have more people attend than any event we've ever done. Even during covid...

We'll see of course, but I am pretty happy with the stats so far.

https://brokerfair.org

Senior Member Reputation points: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry View Post
    Is there a website / list of the various trade shows?
    " The world has always gone forward when people have dared to have crazy ideas . . . "

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cash View Post
    We've been tracking it. Current tickets sold for 60 days out from this event is almost exactly on pace with where we were for tickets sold 60 days out to Broker Fair 2019. The main difference is that our venue in 2019 was smaller so the event sold out several weeks before and we couldn't sell any more tickets.

This time we can fit a lot more people, which means the event might not sell out per se, but could very well potentially have more people attend than any event we've ever done. Even during covid...

got to be very hard to track who is unvaccinated and who went out of business during covid. You plan on setting up some virtual also like last year ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinman View Post
    Is there a website / list of the various trade shows?
    You are kidding right?
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    got to be very hard to track who is unvaccinated and who went out of business during covid. You plan on setting up some virtual also like last year ?
    We've gotten a pretty good jump on who went out of business by now, fortunately.

We are going to do some live-streaming from it but we do not plan to have a "virtual component" of the conference. The experience will be in-person.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cash View Post

Do you have the agenda yet? If all the speakers are out than the whole thing sort of falls apart

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Do you have the agenda yet? If all the speakers are out than the whole thing sort of falls apart
    Yes. All the selected speakers have and are being told in advance of the vaccination requirement. I appreciate the concern, but we have a waiting list of qualified (and vaccinated) candidates that have asked to speak, not the other way around.

The sponsorships are also sold out and with a waiting list.

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

I was for the last 24 hours mulling going, but scheduling the event on Chanukah made it much more complicated.