Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Does Cold Calling work for you today?

Seem like you have to find new ways of contacting Owner to send over a statement and app for submission for a MCA. Just been reading about cold calling is out dated but I hear people still use the online directory like Manta, Yelp and others with out much information.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

The folks that have the chops to make hand dials are killing it. In my opinion hand dialing a warm, targeted business owner will win the Pepsi Taste Challenge against any other marketing medium every time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmcfadden View Post
    Seem like you have to find new ways of contacting Owner to send over a statement and app for submission for a MCA. Just been reading about cold calling is out dated but I hear people still use the online directory like Manta, Yelp and others with out much information.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

^^^I have to agree. I spend thousands on mailers, email blasts,but best results come with making dials. I have been at this a while

Banned Reputation points: 10108

Smile and DIAL depending on who's doing your mailers and email blasts, you can get good results out of it as well.

We've just dipped our toe in the MCA waters, and are working through developing a separate division of our organization just for MCA, but for our POS and merchant services our best success comes from referrals from other b2b service providers (payroll, equipment, cpa, legal service, security, contractors) and then targeted cold calls where we know the basic details of the business (owner, employee size, years in business, place in market segment, reputation).

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Saying that cold calling works or doesn't work is tricky. It largely depends on what records you are calling on and who is making the call. In my opinion, unless you have a large team making a few thousand calls a day, it's not all that effective. If you are that one in 1000 animal who can keep the energy and enthusiasm up to make 300 dials a day 5 days a week, then you likely would see some traction. Unfortunately, no matter what marketing avenue you take in this space, everyone is stepping all over everyone else. Alt finance is a very crowded industry now, and it's becoming more saturated by the day. These businesses are hit by 5-10 robo calls and 2-3 cold calls a day about 'working capital'. Good luck.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I agree. A handful of people making hand dials each day is asking for a slow death. You are better off paying for leads.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1072 SupremeCapitalGroupinc's Avatar

Last edited by SupremeCapitalGroupinc; 11-29-2014 at 08:49 PM.