Did u partake in Amazon Prime Day? What did u get?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Did u partake in Amazon Prime Day? What did u get?

I did partake. Thus far I have purchased one of those robot vacuums.

I have always wondered if they are really worth it. I definitely was not an early adopter in regards to this tech. They have been out now for at least 15 years or so, and they are still around, so I figured there must be something to them. I ordered the Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum Cleaner with ReactiveAI and Intelligent Mopping, No-mop Zones, Lidar Navigation, 2500Pa Strong Suction, Multi-Level Mapping, Robotic Vacuum and Mop.

Going to give it the duty of vacuuming and mopping the client showroom at my business. I have high hopes that it will perform the task everyday, and we will never have to manually do it again!

Banned Reputation points: 179851

I got a Robot Vacuum too. Upgraded my dots, to the superior sound new gen dots with the sub in it.

And got family Firesticks, which I realize how stupid I was afterwards, It is going to result in countless calls and setup questions. I cant figure out how to.....calls.

Firesticks are the best way to watch television, IMO. Although not 100% Legal.... Stremio and a good IPTV Service and you can watch literally ANYTHING you want....for $15 a month. Another $5 for a VPN if your concerned about a Copyright Infringement Letters (I've gotten 2 in my life) One for downloading Crazy Taxi for Dreamcast when I was about 16. And another for watching a Movie streamed via Torrent like 7 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    I got a Robot Vacuum too. Upgraded my dots, to the superior sound new gen dots with the sub in it.

And got family Firesticks, which I realize how stupid I was afterwards, It is going to result in countless calls and setup questions. I cant figure out how to.....calls.

Firesticks are the best way to watch television, IMO. Although not 100% Legal.... Stremio and a good IPTV Service and you can watch literally ANYTHING you want....for $15 a month. Another $5 for a VPN if your concerned about a Copyright Infringement Letters (I've gotten 2 in my life) One for downloading Crazy Taxi for Dreamcast when I was about 16. And another for watching a Movie streamed via Torrent like 7 years ago.
    It seems we think some what similarly.. I upgraded my house to "Smart" about 2 years ago... I run on the Alexa platform (Dot's, Echo's, Shows, & Studio's)... Light Switches, Electrical Sockets, Firesticks, Fire Cubes, RGB Bulbs, Christmas Lights, Garage door opener, porch lights, Water Sprinkler Controller, Washer, Dryer, etc.

Out of all the smart innovations that I have experience with, my favorite and most useful upgrade by far has been the water sprinkler controller.. I went with the Rachio 3 12 zone controller ... After initial install and setup, I never have to adjust the sprinkler controller! It automatically adjust how often and how long each zone runs by constantly monitoring the weather data and soil analysis. Thanks to this system + Tru Green + My yard guy cutting the grass every 7 days, I get to have the greenest & thickest lawn on the block with out a single weed in sight!

LOL in regards to the things that we value as we get older.

Depending on how well the Robot Vac/mop I ordered work, it may give the spinkler controller a run for it's money as the most useful.... IDK!!!

Which vac did you get?

For my smart tv's, firesticks, and media boxes, I use PIA Vpn, Kodi with the Seren Plugin, Cinema HD, and Real-Debrid. With that setup I can stream 4K HDR ATMOS files with no buffering or pre-downloading.
    Last edited by Winning; 06-24-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    It seems we think some what similarly.. I upgraded my house to "Smart" about 2 years ago... I run on the Alexa platform (Dot's, Echo's, Shows, & Studio's)... Light Switches, Electrical Sockets, Firesticks, Fire Cubes, RGB Bulbs, Christmas Lights, Garage door opener, porch lights, Water Sprinkler Controller, Washer, Dryer, etc.

Out of all the smart innovations that I have experience with, my favorite and most useful upgrade by far has been the water sprinkler controller.. I went with the Rachio 3 12 zone controller ... After initial install and setup, I never have to adjust the sprinkler controller! It automatically adjust how often and how long each zone runs by constantly monitoring the weather data and soil analysis. Thanks to this system + Tru Green + My yard guy cutting the grass every 7 days, I get to have the greenest & thickest lawn on the block with out a single weed in sight!

LOL in regards to the things that we value as we get older.

Depending on how well the Robot Vac/mop I ordered work, it may give the spinkler controller a run for it's money as the most useful.... IDK!!!

Which vac did you get?

For my smart tv's, firesticks, and media boxes, I use PIA Vpn, Kodi with the Seren Plugin, Cinema HD, and Real-Debrid. With that setup I can stream 4K HDR ATMOS files with no buffering or pre-downloading.
    I used to use Kodi.... But got away from Kodi, IMO Kodi is BLOATED. STREMIO is the way to go! Stremio will replace Kodi and Cinema HD. Stremio and Pelican Hosting (IPTV) but don't use the Pelican Apps that every other IPTV Provider uses, input your IPTV UN and PW into TiviMate (One time Fee of a Couple Bucks). Pelican gives you every single Cable Channel, in every country, Pay Per Veiw, NFL Network, Sporting Events (Fights) Etc, just EVERYTHING. And I've never had a buffering issue, all HD, all crystal clear. They also have a Video ON Demand section. Its like the most massive Cable Provider you can ever have, $15 bucks a month. Stremio is free obviously.

Got the Bissell SpinWave

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

I used to use Kodi.... But got away from Kodi, IMO Kodi is BLOATED. STREMIO is the way to go! Stremio will replace Kodi and Cinema HD. Stremio and Pelican Hosting (IPTV) but don't use the Pelican Apps that every other IPTV Provider uses, input your IPTV UN and PW into TiviMate (One time Fee of a Couple Bucks). Pelican gives you every single Cable Channel, in every country, Pay Per Veiw, NFL Network, Sporting Events (Fights) Etc, just EVERYTHING. And I've never had a buffering issue, all HD, all crystal clear. They also have a Video ON Demand section. Its like the most massive Cable Provider you can ever have, $15 bucks a month. Stremio is free obviously.

Got the Bissell SpinWave
    I have been looking for a new raspberry pi project & I think you & Winning just gave it to me! I just finished building out an old school game system (saga, snes, 64) & I think if I add an entertainment system, then it will be the ultimate device.

I think you guys will like this nerd-out project that I did. I started dabbling in the Amazon automation & custom apps & I had a lot of construction going on at the house, so I made a monitoring system that recorded all faces that come onto the property & then it created profiles on them. It would send me a daily report on who was on the property, which company, & how long they were there. It definitely took more time than anticipated & had a good bit of bugs in the beginning, but a fun project regardless.

Got the Bissell SpinWave
    Kodi can be bloated if you go with some sort of preinstall.. Similar to how bloated an HP, Dell, or Lenovo windows install is! A fresh install is clutch! I install a plain Kodi install with no addins then only install the plugins required for Seren Addon. Seren is an addon that only will work and scrape premium (for pay) sources like Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid.. I only use the Kodi+Seren if by chance Cinema HD doest have what I am looking for. I have never heard of Stremio , TiviMate, or Pelican. Will have to take a look into those.. It's just that I never had a problem with Cinema HD and Kodi so it been a while since I have searched for new apps.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Kodi can be bloated if you go with some sort of preinstall.. Similar to how bloated an HP, Dell, or Lenovo windows install is! A fresh install is clutch! I install a plain Kodi install with no addins then only install the plugins required for Seren Addon. Seren is an addon that only will work and scrape premium (for pay) sources like Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid.. I only use the Kodi+Seren if by chance Cinema HD doest have what I am looking for. I have never heard of Stremio , TiviMate, or Pelican. Will have to take a look into those.. It's just that I never had a problem with Cinema HD and Kodi so it been a while since I have searched for new apps.. Thanks!
    Stremio works with Real Debrid too! I'm telling ya, try it out, you'll choose over Kodi!

I actually found a new App I like a whole lot better than Stremio. Same Concept.

Syncler.net.

I like it because Instead of using a Firestick or clicking into an App on Android TV, It Puts the Content right on Android TV Home Screen.