Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 2164

As a Broker Looking To Expand How Would You Bring on This Partner

I have an associate who will fund me all day long for live lead transfers. I thought that in a deal as an investor in this area I would work out paying the investor back the principal spent in the week's leads each week or two with interest or a piece of each deal created by the leads they invested

They are pushing for 50 50 partnership of Brokerage for ongoing interest on all future business and they would continue funding the leads - be it they would be coming in as a laymen simple money man investor - with no prior funding experience and I have set up the Brokerage including lenders team - I have established associations with a few previous clients I have been the business for 5 years and will continue as Director - we are in action now and climbing slowly - what would an investor have to invest in our Brokerage to bring them up to 50/50 status

Taking into account my experience is driving this ship.

Very simplistic valuation method without knowing more information. Multiply your yearly net by 1-3, that's your approximate valuation. Now ask yourself is his 50% partnership worth that valuation? If you can get a loan, get a loan UNLESS you're planning to sell within the next 3 years.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2164

Thanks, good points to consider - after a few meetings with this potential partner - it's their contention that they want 50% of everything G2eFunding Generates - my position is that this partner is more money investor than an experienced industry knowledge asset - he is coming in as a layman with some merchant loans experiences more at the consumer level - however, I said if a Partner cant doubles company efforts they are not equal to 50% - unless the silent partner just funds -when the company needs it to grow ourselves - however, it would not include any management say in the daily activities or programs - that might be something I am leaning too.