Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Publicizing Success Stories?

Do you publicize success stories on LinkedIn or other outlets? It always felt to me like bragging, but it seems that everyone else is doing it to build their brand and show that they know what they're doing.

Thoughts?

I feel you on this, and truth be told I feel hot and cold about it personally depending on my mood, lol.

Sometimes I can view it with an earnest appreciation having accomplished such a thing in my beginning stages; it feels great, it's crazy rewarding. But the line between pure accomplishment and teetering on a potentially bogus diversion tactic to entice / solicit new business is a hard line to define.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

If a business wants to operate at maximum performance, the Marketing & Customer Acquisition "Cylinder" must be running.

Publicizing success stories is an effective tool in the Marketing & Customer Acquisition tool box. As the "Master Mechanic" in your business, you have to know what tool to use to "tune" the "Cylinder" to run at max performance.

Keep in mind that a business can run, and be profitable with out running on all cylinders and/or not running at max performance. Very much similar to an engine.

Makes me think about the engine system in my Suburban. The engine performance is governed by the ECU. The ECU has a feature called Displacement On Demand (DOD). That feature will command the v8 engine to turn off 4 of it's 8 cylinders. The Suburban will still operate, and coast on the hiway at 70mph just fine.. But when it is time to get "aggressive" and "increase" the power, the ECU will then command the other 4 cylinders back on.

I think that's a pretty good analogy of how you run a business. Having the right tools available to you and knowing when to engage them and disengaged them while still moving the business forward. Depending on how aggressive you are driving the business will dictate if you can get by with operating on 4 of the 8 cylinders, or if you need all 8.

Full Disclosure.
    I personally hacked my ECU in my Suburban via hptuners.com hardware & software to disable the DOD System so that the ECU can never tell the engine to shut down half of the cylinders. I want all 355 horses & 383 lb.-ft of Torque available at all times.. I only lost about 1 mile per gallon efficiency by disabling the DOD system. So I don't feel as if the DOD system is worth it.. I feel that the car drives much smoother and more responsive with out DOD. Warning, engine performance is addictive. Once i had the tools to go in a change the way my engine performs I found my self modifying shift points, fuel air ratio, and when Fuel Enrichment would occur. Best way to describe Fuel Enrichment is like when you put the peddle to the metal, and your car seems to hesitate for a split second then takes a huge breath then hauls ass.. So I lowered what RPM that happens at, and I lowered the required accelerator pedal angle. Its a real joy to drive now!
    Last edited by Winning; 05-26-2021 at 01:19 PM.