Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Openers vs Closers Split

If a opener generally closes his own deals, but now needs help with getting a deal closed, what would you guys say is a fair split for the opener and the closer?

In general what is the precedent in regards to splits between openers and closers?

Quote Originally Posted by Merv View Post
    If a opener generally closes his own deals, but now needs help with getting a deal closed, what would you guys say is a fair split for the opener and the closer?

In general what is the precedent in regards to splits between openers and closers?
    If they are good split it in half, everyone has an incentive to get it done. If they are not that good, just close it yourself. If you don't want to pay a closer..... become one.

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

It will also depend on the what you mean by "closer." Does the closer also submit the deal? Does the closer have to do document chasing? Is the closer your employee or a different independent contractor/ISO that s/he may not ever see another deal from you?

No, the deals are submitted by the admin. This is a scenario where two brokers are working for the same company, an offer came in and the broker either does not have confidence or does not have a rapport with the merchant and requests help with closing the deal. What would be a fair split in your opinion? Thanks

No, the deals are submitted by the admin. This is a scenario where two brokers are working for the same company, an offer came in and the broker either does not have confidence or does not have a rapport with the merchant and requests help with closing the deal. What would be a fair split in your opinion? Thanks
    how is he ever going to develop confidence or rapport if he doesn't at least try to close it. The best way to develop confidence is practice. Tell him to grow a pair and try it out. He can go in a room by himself and take his shot, at the end of the day if the guy needs money and the offer works for him he will take it regardless of how bad the guy sounds.

With all that being said, what would be the split? That is all I am asking lol.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

50/50

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

To clarify, are you asking what the Split is after what the house takes?

Senior Member Reputation points: 65969

Quote Originally Posted by Akanner View Post
    To clarify, are you asking what the Split is after what the house takes?
    Depends how much work is involved. Quick close should be low like 10% otherwise the opener would think twice about requesting help and that would hurt the company. If the closer has to chase and follow up, splut 50/50

Yes

With all that being said, what would be the split? That is all I am asking lol.
    don't get snippy with me, I answered you the first time.

Couldnt agree more

50/50 works for me all day

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleCapitalSolutions View Post
    don't get snippy with me, I answered you the first time.
    LOl,well aren't you a little sweetheart.