Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    Uhm, No. They Purchased a Percentage, not 100%, that's ridiculous.
    If the client has already pledged the assets under a security agreement and a lender/factor/funder has filed a UCC on the assets of the business, you would be interfering with the relationship even if you entered an agreement to purchase 1% of any or future receivables.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    If the client has already pledged the assets under a security agreement and a lender/factor/funder has filed a UCC on the assets of the business, you would be interfering with the relationship even if you entered an agreement to purchase 1% of any or future receivables.
    Most funders only file UCCs in event of default now a days.

If there is no anti-stack addendum or clause. I am under the firm belief, stack away......

Dude from Horizon saying he does 1st and 2nds... If your arguing it breaks the contract, 2nds would break it just as much as an 8th position would.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Most funders only file UCCs in event of default now a days.

If there is no anti-stack addendum or clause. I am under the firm belief, stack away......

Dude from Horizon saying he does 1st and 2nds... If your arguing it breaks the contract, 2nds would break it just as much as an 8th position would.
    If a company has any bank or non bank facility where there is a security agreement in place and UCC filed, the person that stacks (the funder and the company) are breaking the contract as ALL assets are already pledged to the company with a security agreement in place. The remedy would be to have a subordination agreement or inter-creditor agreement in place if a company enters any agreement where the assets are already pledged.
    Last edited by Hedley Lamarr; 02-24-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I din't argue the breaking the contract because i do give 2nd's even though I do see some merit to that argument. I am arguing that a business can only handle a certain % of their sales going to pay back a loan and giving a business a 4th or 5th position that takes the gross holdback way above what any business can handle is wrong.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I din't argue the breaking the contract because i do give 2nd's even though I do see some merit to that argument. I am arguing that a business can only handle a certain % of their sales going to pay back a loan and giving a business a 4th or 5th position that takes the gross holdback way above what any business can handle is wrong.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    In most cases where you see 8 lenders in a deal, you may see 8 advances, yet still be under your % of what you see is fair...... this is because of issues with the deal.

In most cases where you see 8 lenders in a deal, you may see 8 advances, yet still be under your % of what you see is fair...... this is because of issues with the deal.
    In other deals, merchants lose control and make poor decisions.

In other deals, merchants lose control and make poor decisions.
    Yes, which is why ISO's shouldn't push more positions so that they can take money from Peter to pay Paul, and then find themselves with even greater daily payments, which results in them having to take an additional advance, and then another one, and another one... having a merchant go belly up means every funder gets screwed, and ISO's lose out on residual commission from renewals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Lightbulb MCA Contracts

Uhm, No. They Purchased a Percentage, not 100%, that's ridiculous.
    A MCA funder is purchasing 100% of "Future Receivables" and the repayment is a % of the daily/weekly/monthly receipts.
    Whatever terms the contract states.

A true MCA, not an MCA disguised as a Loan (Consult an Attorney) the devil is in the details of the contract.

My niche market is "Credit Card Splits" - The funder I work with is purchasing 100% of the "Credit Card Receipts"
    until the Full Purchase is repaid. No Stacking allowed and included is a hefty "No Stacking Penalty"
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Quote Originally Posted by Bestinthebiz View Post
    Who is good at coming in at 5th, 6th and 7ths?
    IMAP
    Torro
    East Shore
    AJ Equity
    Cooper Asset
    HFH
    Noble Funding
    Spartan
    Mantis
    Last Chance
    Yellowstone
    Wide Merchant