Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

So it's 6° here in Texas & my power is out!

Who else is freezing there asses off right now!!???

🤔 I'm at 57°. I might have to sacrifice my kids wood table & chairs to the fireplace cause I'm almost out of firewood & the electricity still not back on..

Second thought, What ever the stain / varnish that the table is coated with might cause bad fumes???? IDK...

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

I"m not wood fire burning expert, but, I would not use the painted wood to heat the house

We are a balmy 75 in Florida !! summer is just around the corner!
    Last edited by Yankeeman07; 02-15-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Who else is freezing there asses off right now!!???

�� I'm at 57°. I might have to sacrifice my kids wood table & chairs to the fireplace cause I'm almost out of firewood & the electricity still not back on..

I remember my west coast days (Cali), where you get snow for the first time in 10 years, and cars are flying off the road doing 25 miles an hour, full panic mode. Now you're talking about destroying the table where your kids first learned the alphabet.

I'm pretty sure you have trees in Texas.

www.B2BRecon.com - Automate your call center.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I remember my west coast days (Cali), where you get snow for the first time in 10 years, and cars are flying off the road doing 25 miles an hour, full panic mode. Now you're talking about destroying the table where your kids first learned the alphabet.

I'm pretty sure you have trees in Texas.

www.B2BRecon.com - Automate your call center.
    Roads are iced over and the stores are sold out of wood! The table has no special meaning, we bought that maybe 5 months ago from a lady that started doing wood work during the covid shutdown... She would be happy to make me another one if do indeed burn it.. Me, cutting wood... Forget about it... I don't even own a saw...

But I think I did score some firewood though, It supposed to be delivered in about 30 minutes or so... My electricity is still off and it is 6:40pm..

I think I should take the items out of the fridge and put them outside. Hell, it is actually colder outside than what the temperature is when the frigid is on.. The food probably will freeze outside... This **** is crazy!

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Definitely do what you have to do. I hope it all works out. I've done the leaving items outside also, it works, just keep it covered so Racoons don't think its a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Roads are iced over and the stores are sold out of wood! The table has no special meaning, we bought that maybe 5 months ago from a lady that started doing wood work during the covid shutdown... She would be happy to make me another one if do indeed burn it.. Me, cutting wood... Forget about it... I don't even own a saw...

But I think I did score some firewood though, It supposed to be delivered in about 30 minutes or so... My electricity is still off and it is 6:40pm..

I think I should take the items out of the fridge and put them outside. Hell, it is actually colder outside than what the temperature is when the frigid is on.. The food probably will freeze outside... This **** is crazy!

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Beer will freeze outside at those temperatures

Hopefully, they get some juice running for you soon.

I'm not a fan or user of Amazon, but, if you could score a generator and get some fuel,
    that may be an answer by tomorrow
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

First of all- Block payments on every single funder effective immediatetly tommorow morning.

Second, instead of burning painted wood (which wont last and wont keep you warm), try heating big watter pots and letting the smoke warm up the room like a sauna.

Third, try catching a plane and get the hell out. Hopefully the Bidens will throw some sort of stimulus to cover the costs.

Found a place that was selling wood! They would not let me buy a lot, they are rationing it out.. Only 24 pieces per customer..

I have exhausted all my battery power bricks for my cell phone. I am going to have to let my phone sit in one of my cars for a while... Question is will they run the car charger with out the car being on???? Gotta go investigate.

So at least 1 of my cars will power the charger while the car is off!

Also I made a home made stove, that actually worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
    I'm not a fan or user of Amazon, but, if you could score a generator and get some fuel,
    that may be an answer by tomorrow
    I thought about that earlier! But Amazon stopped delivering and the store didnt open... Hopefully Tuesday will be better?

Today is actually starting out worse than yesterday.. My power is still off and it is 1° outside. I may need to abandon ship, pack up the family, try my luck on the icy roads, and go to a hotel or something...

Let me get up and get a fire going for now at least.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

stay safe bro

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

Just logged on to this... didn't realize that Hell Froze Over in Texas! Clients, cousins and Winning all Freezing! Stay warm!

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Living in Florida was always weird when in "Winter" people would put boots on, like why?

So if you had your leg ripped off by drunk driver and now are part cyborg and have a state of the art computer embedded bionic prosthetic leg that needs to be recharged what do you do when there is no power!? I guess you would have to find the 12volt car charger for it and go sit in your car and charge your leg up! LoL!!!

I cant make this stuff up!

Mother nature eventually showed us who's the boss. We put up a good fight, but the next morning when it was 1° outside it was 45° inside, we decide to pack up and relocate. Only thing about that is all the hotels are booked. But surprisingly my business has not lost power during this entire ordeal, so we relocated there.

Senior Member Reputation points: 76187

ted cruz's karma

UPDATE.

So my electricity is still off at my house! But a good thing is that I have relocated successfully to my place of business and camping out here. We have a fully stocked refrigerator here, mini kitchen, heat, & hot water, etc... On the way here we stopped by Target and bought a couple of air mattresses. On a positive note, my kids are really having a great time. We had a skate party in our showroom! I am sure they will remember this their entire life and will tell this story to their kids and grandkids..

Even though I am not home, with all the technology our homes now have, we can easily tell when the power is back on. The home security cameras have a cloud based app, hell even my washer machine and dryer have a cloud based app. All of the apps show that the devices are offline. All those items require my home internet to be working. However, the alarm system has it's own gprs cell data connection, all it needs is power. So I also called them to verify that the alarm system shows to be offline as well. They confirmed it was. So that confirms that my power is still off.
    Last edited by Winning; 02-17-2021 at 08:25 PM.