Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 26

Scam leads - SOS LEADS

Gary rap from SOS MCA,LLC reaches out to me and told me that he has solid leads since his partner issac Cohen knows how to generate leads.

So after convincing me I purchased 100 leads for 27$ each to test which he told me is a steal and that was very hard to sell me since he usually only sells to his top brokers
    So after spending $2700 I was excited to test them.
    so Monday morning I get the first batch of 40 leads.
    I did not get one lead approved and this is the results:
    1) declined for excessive negative days
    2) declined for too many times submitted
    3) declined for Fraud(to the point one of the clients were on this forum)
    4) declined for defaulted merchant
    5) declined since change bank account(default)
    6) declined and BLACKLISTED merchant don’t submit again

So Monday after seeing these declines are rolling in I call Gary from sos pays/ sos MCa, and tell him respectfully since I knew he had the upper hand since I realized he was a scam and working from Israel so I knew he didn’t care.
    So I tell him these leads aren’t hitting I got 40 leads so let’s call it a day and send me a refund for the 60 remainding leads and he said I am not going to fight with you and ok.

The next day he sends me 47 leads (which they were such crappy leads that half of the numbers weren’t working and remember I paid 27 a leads so I was expecting that basic stuff like the number should be verified) and tells me tough Luck I thought it over and this is business and suck it up. some times you get bad batches and tough luck on you.

Gary rap and his partner Issac Cohen from sos mca LLC and sos pays is a scam and for your sake stay away!
    They supposedly sold me quality leads 27$ a piece and forget about funding. Not one even got a offer!
    They are nasty people ripping off brokers.

If anyone wants proof pm me and I will show you everything.
    Last edited by Steve Harper; 01-21-2021 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Made a mistake on the company name

Senior Member Reputation points: 55949

Ouch...

I feel your pain, I really do....not because of the sucky lead story, but because my leg literally caught a cramp while I’m reading...I haven’t been hydrating properly.

We've caused pain to many an Iso ourselves with www.dumbleads.com and I keep those fired sales manager scalps on my belt as a reminder... but the difference is, we continue working with you and replace and replenish until you are whole.

We don't leave your exposed and standing in the rain with no umbrella in your Calvin Klein underwear, shrinking with every rain drop. Very unprofessional, and gives us, and our data regurgitating lead brothers, such a bad name.

Please reach out to us and I'll throw you some freebies just for the experience you went through.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

I don't purchase data - so educate me

How is a lead broker going to know a merchant has "excessive negative days' or that the merchant had submitted multiple applications?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Since i paid supposedly paid for "exclusive leads" I.E. Generated and filtered out for quality and only sold to me exclusively.
    now if few of them were bad that would be ok but if all were bad that is just not normal when you are told you are being sold EXCLUSIVE (Not sold to anyone) High quality data

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

this is pretty standard , i do not feel this is a scam. You paid a 1/3 of the standard price for 40 leads and got 6 submissions is not bad .Happens to be they all declined but you can not expect a lead provider to have that many qualifiers without charging 200 plus per lead.

when you pay for exclusive leads and they happen to be backdoor leads from super high risk lenders declined leads thats a issue

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

...lo barato cuesta caro, since there are South Florida heads in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Harper View Post
    when you pay for exclusive leads and they happen to be backdoor leads from super high risk lenders declined leads thats a issue

Moral of the story is to establish your own in-house lead funnel - Takes time & effort but if you are in the funding business for the long-term,
    that is your answer.
    dave@fcbankcard.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 14313

There is no such thing as an "exclusive" lead list when purchasing a list whether its targeted or public information that you're paying a premium for. You're paying to play which is good but if you don't understand that concept you'll continue to make Daily Funder posts about "bad lead companies". Trial and error - keep trying until you find your solid source. Even once you find the solid source, "your data" will be called by others. Like the others said - create your own leads.. however if $2700 stings when you lose it you're definitely not cut out for this..

Now where can I send my invoice for the info incvoices.jpg

This post should have been in the "Everything else" section of this forum.

I'm going to post several resources that brokers may find useful in creating a system for generating your own leads.
    dave@fcbankcard.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Buddy of mine ended up with a surplus of leads totally by circumstance. He allocated a significant amount into generating real time leads for his own shop that he developed just before covid. Ended up closing because of the impact, but the leads are still pouring in, and with nowhere to go so he decided to distribute them which was never his intent.

My point being that, even a guy who had no intention of accruing data for profit, is still smart enough to know that #1, you always give a guy some upfront to test out, and if they bode well for them they'll certainly be back for more. #2, anyone who is not willing to do this is a scam artist, because what is 25 leads in comparison to having an avenue to sell 4k? That, IMO is the biggest tell.

Everyone that sell you leads will always pitch you exclusive, limited quantity, only the big guys get these but here I'm doing you a favor.. take these, all bs.

If you want really avg leads check out https://www.dumbleads.com/ at least they will make you smile.

Senior Member Reputation points: 55949

I don’t know who you are Mr. Goldfinger, but you sound like a man who is finally beginning to understand what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Goldman View Post
    Everyone that sell you leads will always pitch you exclusive, limited quantity, only the big guys get these but here I'm doing you a favor.. take these, all bs.

If you want really avg leads check out https://www.dumbleads.com/ at least they will make you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    I don’t know who you are Mr. Goldfinger, but you sound like a man who is finally beginning to understand what it takes.
    There is nothing more refreshing than picking up the phone and calling merchants from yellow pages... ahhhhhhhhhh the good old days

Speed Dialing!

oldphone.jpg
    dave@fcbankcard.com