Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Solar Financing

A company that does solar installations with corporate clients came my way, and while I could fund this deal on the working capital side pretty easily, he's actually looking for better financing for his clients. Apparently Bank of the West finances these clients with 5.49% over 7 years. He's looking to see if there's an alternative, at $500,000 - $1.5mm per installation, the monthly payments are hard on the clients. Anyone come across something? Doesn't seem like there's much money in it at those rates, but at least a professional referral might be helpful for this guy, or we could make money on if you have a way?

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

is this that solar deal that is stacked through the roof.
    the one that shops heavily.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    A company that does solar installations with corporate clients came my way, and while I could fund this deal on the working capital side pretty easily, he's actually looking for better financing for his clients. Apparently Bank of the West finances these clients with 5.49% over 7 years. He's looking to see if there's an alternative, at $500,000 - $1.5mm per installation, the monthly payments are hard on the clients. Anyone come across something? Doesn't seem like there's much money in it at those rates, but at least a professional referral might be helpful for this guy, or we could make money on if you have a way?
    I'll be honest. The payment is not hard on the clients. When you look at the tax credits given on commercial solar, it is a pretty good deal. He is just looking for an avenue that is cheaper to close more deals (don't blame him).
    A decent solar company will not have good A/R but they are amazing for the PO financing side of things, which I am sure that you are familiar with.

The residential side of solar is pretty nuts. Those loans have a 18+% originate fee

Quote Originally Posted by mistamca View Post
    I'll be honest. The payment is not hard on the clients. When you look at the tax credits given on commercial solar, it is a pretty good deal. He is just looking for an avenue that is cheaper to close more deals (don't blame him).
    A decent solar company will not have good A/R but they are amazing for the PO financing side of things, which I am sure that you are familiar with.

The residential side of solar is pretty nuts. Those loans have a 18+% originate fee
    Correct. I said this wrong. 5.49% over 7 years is great. I don't think there's any reason to complain, but yes, he's just looking for a better deal for gotta clients to boost his revenue. He's not looking for working capital, he just wants more clients.

We might be able to help. Please contact me at: jim.rfrcapital@gmail.com. Thank you for your time.
    Jim

Jim, this is 6 months old, you're a newbie on the forum and now spamming it with a Gmail account. Please stop now, the ban will come waaaay before you generate any business from this site like that.
    Last edited by abfunders; 06-25-2021 at 10:26 AM.