Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

PPP Customer Service

I might have access to an amazing set of leads for PPP through a banker friend of mine. ON CONDITION that there is a "human being" behind it, or at least there is a good status update. I didn't jump on the PPP bandwagon the first time, so I don't know anyone's experiences. I heard complaints that Kabbage didn't have a good portal and wasn't able to update people in real time. Sometimes the applications weren't cookie-cutter, and they needed help. Did anyone have any really GOOD feedback from a partner? I'm signed up with Bluevine and SmartBiz, so I definitely want to hear feedback about them specifically.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8536

Bluevine's portal had bugs where it wouldn't let the client upload documents or clear tasks (but showed on BV's end, or sometimes didn't) which resulted in numerous calls from merchants seeking help. In addition to that, if the merchant put the wrong info in there was no way to fix it, you would would need to instruct them to create a new email and then re-apply because their primary email would now be taken in the system with the account unable to move forward.

If the application was submitted properly than it went pretty quick (48-hours) but if anything was off (which there is no way to tell from your portal) then the application would sit in the queue as pending/incomplete while your merchants called for updates and you had no answers (because sometimes things would be done properly but the portal would block them from advancing). Because they were so backed up, any support request would take a couple days before BV could get back to you.

In addition to all that, BV is a processor not a bank for PPP and is only collecting 1% - 2% of the processing fee and only paying you 0.25% of what they collect.

P.S. I don't think they are doing PPP this time, I got an email stating that they had no updates regarding their involvement in this round.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4457

We worked through a small community bank and it was surprisingly very smooth. No portal, just emailing loan officer directly. They ended up getting very overwhelmed and decided to end their participation on June 30th. We then transitioned to a large (non-bank), SBA lender.. again, no portal, but it went well. We were comp'd 1% of each loan. I must say it was very very time consuming. The income didn't come close to covering my time and expenses, but it was still worth it. The knowledge and relationships that were gained, are priceless.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

Call Scott Diberardinis at the NACLB. I used their partner Prime Commercial Lending for my clients in the last round. I uploaded all of the information they requested and the bank directly contacted the client and ran the whole process. A couple of months later I got a check in the mail, that I never expected... stand up guys.

UPDATE: BV is suspending LOC and Factor options at 5pm PST today to focus efforts on 2nd round of PPP distribution.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Quote Originally Posted by getitfunded View Post
    UPDATE: BV is suspending LOC and Factor options at 5pm PST today to focus efforts on 2nd round of PPP distribution.
    Why would any funder/factor suspend normal operations to process PPP applications???? That is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies......
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Absolutely no idea...

Get your LOC and Factor deals submitted/approved today though, they will only service existing clients and submissions made before the cutoff.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Why would any funder/factor suspend normal operations to process PPP applications???? That is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies......
    It is a genius move imo. They are going to be paid a good bit to generate a massive lead list of SMBs in the US with a ton of data. They have the opportunity to a lot of new relationships with very little downside.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
    Call Scott Diberardinis at the NACLB. I used their partner Prime Commercial Lending for my clients in the last round. I uploaded all of the information they requested and the bank directly contacted the client and ran the whole process. A couple of months later I got a check in the mail, that I never expected... stand up guys.
    Did they give you a breakdown of the check with the names of who they funded and how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    because they have been barely funding and probably lost to much during pandemic to get back to normal funding.Thats why they are focusing on becoming a bank and ppp

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Did they give you a breakdown of the check with the names of who they funded and how much ?
    YES. Full accountability. They paid what they said. Webinar today gave details on round 2. Even smoother... It opens Monday, if you want to get in before then message me and I'll put you in touch with the right person/links/partner agreements... for a $500 fee via Zelle. LOL. LMK.

Edit was to add my phone number: 786-712-4900.

Steven Ruiz
    Presto Prestamo, LLC

So it appears that everyone (Bluevine/Kabbage/SmartBiz) are signing up with Crossriver Bank, and then profit-sharing.
    Crossriver bank was the #4 originator of total loans in the first round. They upped their game and added a whole Salesforce connectivity.
    The question is - how much are they paying?

Because here's what I got from SmartBiz, and I think that this is VERY generous if the banks are only paying 1 point on sub-$350,000 like they did last time:

Fee Payment to Partner per Funded Loan Amount
    Loans greater than $2,000,000 = 0.167%
    Loans greater than $350,000 and up to $2,000,000 = 0.50%
    Loans greater than $50,000 and up to $350,000 = 0.83%
    Loans up to $50,000 = 16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender

Senior Member Reputation points: 14313

Cross River pays 1% up to $350k, .5% up to $2M and nothing above $2M. Have to give them a $50M commitment for them to work with you otherwise they won't pay anything is what I was told.

Any feedback on SmartBiz's process? BlueVine went pretty well last time, all things considered, but SmartBiz's payout is considerably more generous for loans over $50K. I'm just wondering if there are any catches, like it being more time-intensive/involved for the broker.
    CapFront
    210 Old Country Rd, Ste 101
    Garden City, NY 11501
    P:844-466-6394
    info@capfront.net
    www.capfront.net

Quote Originally Posted by capfront View Post
    Any feedback on SmartBiz's process? BlueVine went pretty well last time, all things considered, but SmartBiz's payout is considerably more generous for loans over $50K. I'm just wondering if there are any catches, like it being more time-intensive/involved for the broker.
    When I read Smartbiz payout it reads like this: We get paid 1% for deals under $350k... you get paid 16% of that. I think I read that average PPP loan is $100k... so... approx $160.

SmartBiz SUCKS to work with. They have no communication skills and nobody over there picks up the phone.
    Honestly, they're hacks.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Short Version - There is no $$ for PPP Loans for brokers.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Micah,

Have you seen the latest switch up on the Smartbiz Loans PPP Commissions? Where It caps the fees @1% instead of what they have been telling everyone for months "Loans up to $50,000 = 16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender" How do offices feel about the recent change and unclear communication?
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 04-28-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Micah,

Have you seen the latest switch up on the Smartbiz Loans PPP Commissions? Where It caps the fees @1% instead of what they have been telling everyone for months "Loans up to $50,000 = 16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender" How do office feel about the recent change?
    I honestly wasn't working on the PPP very much, and I also wasn't working SmartBiz on them, I had another person to help me with the ones I did need to do. If they were a bait and switch, look at the contract, contact them directly and complain, and get others who have been submitting through them heavily to complain that they move their business elsewhere. Power in numbers.

Someone in Toronto tried changing my payout structure on me for some cannabis Bitcoin processing that we were doing together, and when he "informed" me of his decision to pay me less and not give me an accounting for it, and our contract was clearly different..... well, I have to take him to small claims court in Toronto.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Micah,

Have you seen the latest switch up on the Smartbiz Loans PPP Commissions? Where It caps the fees @1% instead of what they have been telling everyone for months "Loans up to $50,000 = 16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender" How do offices feel about the recent change and unclear communication?

16.7% of 1% is how I would decipher that statement - ?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Micah,

where did you see that update? i funded over a hundred with them and did not get any update

Up until recently they had been emailing Loans up to $50,000 = "16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender" Which lenders are paid $2,500 or 50% of the principal whichever is the lesser. So it should equate to about $417 for PPP from 5k-50k. Which is a huge difference.

They emailed an update on 4/22. you can also google their terms and conditions which were just updated 4/21/21. It lays out the whole structure there

Up until recently they had been emailing Loans up to $50,000 = "16.7% of Fees Paid to Lender" Which lenders are paid $2,500 or 50% of the principal whichever is the lesser. So it should equate to about $417 for PPP from 5k-50k. Which is a huge difference.
    The lender is paid 5%, but the brokers are paid 1% (or less, with the $350,000 limits). It could be that their marketing emails were a mistake? I obviously understood that they meant a percentage paid to the broker since they're co-brokering with you. Which is exactly why I put my PPP loans through another channel.