2nd Wave
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

2nd Wave

Anyone else concerned of the 2nd wave of Covid? Theres talk of shut downs again. Im asking strictly for MCA, not for health or political agendas.

Senior Member Reputation points: 76187

yeah I'm not looking forward to it at all but this is all out of my hands so not much I can do

Senior Member Reputation points: 86876

its def happening coast to coast. the #s are worse now than march. great a vaccine looks promising but were talking spring 2021 before general population has access to it. restaurants, bars, gyms, etc are all shutting down again or being migrated to outdoor dining only.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    Anyone else concerned of the 2nd wave of Covid? Theres talk of shut downs again. Im asking strictly for MCA, not for health or political agendas.
    Depends on what State you live or are attempting to write business in.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

"I believe that by the time we get to the end of 2021, if everyone gets vaccinated and we continue to implement the public-health measures that I have been talking about incessantly over the last several months — they're not universally adhered to — if we do that, plus the vaccine, we'll get to the point where the level of virus will be so low, and maybe even, you know, close to absent. I believe that by the time we get to the end of 2021, if everyone gets vaccinated and we continue to implement the public-health measures that I have been talking about incessantly over the last several months — they're not universally adhered to — if we do that, plus the vaccine, we'll get to the point where the level of virus will be so low, and maybe even, you know, close to absent" - DR FAUCI

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Sometime in 2021 funding/lending might get back some level of normal. Those with solid businesses, reputations, and balance sheets will be ok.
    -Political climate has a lot to be desired. Markets, business owners, and consumers do not like uncertainty.
    -The virus has not been controlled enough at any level in any state. We as a society are not buying into what needs to be done to stop spread and control the virus.
    -Yes-a vaccine will be helpful if it is largely dispersed and accepted along with controlling spread by social distancing, good hygiene, and wearing masks. The new treatments being trialed and dispersed are also helpful.

The longer we don't combat this head on as a whole the longer this goes on....

-Another round of stimulus will likely not fly for the next several months. It done like the last, it will help some small business and others will not survive.
    -Do the the virus and political climate, business owners can make sound long term business decisions.
    -Credit will get cheaper from a fed level, but tighter at the business level.
    -Expect more consolidation in financial services as a necessity. Expect some companies to vanish.

KH
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 217975

Just sayin'..... #factsmatter
    https://twitter.com/SWAtlasHoover

The only thing that Scott Atlas did wrong was get appointed by Trump.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99400 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    its def happening coast to coast. the #s are worse now than march.
    It's hard to say that because there is much more testing being done now than there was in March. If everyone was tested in March, the numbers would have been astronautical.

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    It's hard to say that because there is much more testing being done now than there was in March. If everyone was tested in March, the numbers would have been astronautical.
    AGREE. In March they had no clue what they were looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Sometime in 2021 funding/lending might get back some level of normal. Those with solid businesses, reputations, and balance sheets will be ok.
    -Political climate has a lot to be desired. Markets, business owners, and consumers do not like uncertainty.
    -The virus has not been controlled enough at any level in any state. We as a society are not buying into what needs to be done to stop spread and control the virus.
    -Yes-a vaccine will be helpful if it is largely dispersed and accepted along with controlling spread by social distancing, good hygiene, and wearing masks. The new treatments being trialed and dispersed are also helpful.

The longer we don't combat this head on as a whole the longer this goes on....

-Another round of stimulus will likely not fly for the next several months. It done like the last, it will help some small business and others will not survive.
    -Do the the virus and political climate, business owners can make sound long term business decisions.
    -Credit will get cheaper from a fed level, but tighter at the business level.
    -Expect more consolidation in financial services as a necessity. Expect some companies to vanish.

KH
    I really enjoy your posts

Senior Member Reputation points: 69645

I dont believe it will be so tragic as last time - We were very unprepared prior to this wave. PPE is everywhere and we all have the knowledge. It will be easier to curb it this go around, and with the vaccine coming shortly we should be ok even if everything gets shut down for 30 days.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 217975

Hospitalizations country-wide aren't up high enough to justify shutdowns. Especially in NM
    https://twitter.com/justin_hart/stat...40997078380544
    For some reason, COVID deaths matter more than any other type of death or sorrow.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    "I believe that by the time we get to the end of 2021, if everyone gets vaccinated and we continue to implement the public-health measures that I have been talking about incessantly over the last several months — they're not universally adhered to — if we do that, plus the vaccine, we'll get to the point where the level of virus will be so low, and maybe even, you know, close to absent. I believe that by the time we get to the end of 2021, if everyone gets vaccinated and we continue to implement the public-health measures that I have been talking about incessantly over the last several months — they're not universally adhered to — if we do that, plus the vaccine, we'll get to the point where the level of virus will be so low, and maybe even, you know, close to absent" - DR FAUCI
    If you have an evonomy to go back to

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

I can't believe we have been going through this since January and people still don't get it. If you wait for the hospitalizations to climb higher, you are too late.
    Hospitalization in the Country are climbing because the general public relaxed protocol dealing with spread. This is not going away easily even with a vaccine and good therapeutics. Wear a mask, practice good hygiene, and practice social distancing.

If you think Florida is doing such a good job.....ask a healthcare worker how we are doing.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 64261

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    Stay away from retail in liberal states and cities right now. Only way to survive whats coming this winter.

california went into purple tier stage - the most restrictive- affecting 94% of its population issuing citations to business owners of $1K per violation of orders.

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Once the presidential outcome is conclusive it's going to be a ****show.

Stay tuned...

the ****show is blue and red being so divisive and trying to run congress passing legislature. pretty certain bidens win will be upheld, and, unless dems can pulloff a georgia senate upset in Jan, it could be a firewall against dems in the senate where ditch mitch vowed to make obama a one term president in the past. didn't work but shows how messed up congress is. its a blood sport and americans lose in this game.