Jason
    j@tradenicely.com
    305-748-4416
    TradeNicely.com
    Best Deal for Your Debt in 48 Hours
    50% Lifetime Commissions for Intros to Lenders Who Are Ready to Sell

Banned Reputation points: 11251

Quote Originally Posted by Ericr123 View Post
    300 Calls Min, Target and speak to 40% of prospects. Email Follow ups and voicemails.
    This is somewhat laughable. I don't know anyone that can get these type of results.

Ill tell you from our efforts in the last 30 days, We marketed 350K contacts (mix of marketing efforts) through our proprietary process. That resulted in 1,467 business expressing interests, which 53 qualified contacts filled out our application and provided bank statements.

We are working on increasing our percentages of contacts reached to expressing interests and then expressing interests to qualified contacts filling out applications.

Remember that there is a difference of divisions between Marketing and Sales. Once you understand that marketing is there to reach out and get interests. Sales is there to reach out to the interested and move them through your sales process. But that is how we approach it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Cold Calling: Closed two deals last week.....cold calls. Two more set to close by the end of the month.

I have been targeting a specific industry and working though a list I created of hundreds of companies.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Quote Originally Posted by Iscibibi153 View Post
    Just curious as to how many Cold calls you do per day, as a sales rep?
    Shops making real money don’t cold call at all. Merchants are reaching out to them

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Cold Calling - Currently have SBA Loans >$20 Million in the hopper - time shall tell what is funded.
    Some from myself- others from brokers

MCA funded a good amount last week. Cold Calling & email marketing along with landing pages that are in circulation on the world wide web!

Keep churning the water mill - the amount of calls is not important - the amount of deals is what matters.

Maybe you are a .265 hitter, but, you hit 50 home runs and 50 doubles. A team will pay will quite well!!!
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 99210 ridextreme's Avatar

If you're just starting out you should easily be making 250 to 350/day. Then when you start to process deals and chase stips obviously the volume decreases substantially to almost zero on some very busy days.

It's also not just the number of calls, is how you handle your first two to five seconds of the call that will make you or break you. They say it's a numbers game but if you can't easily get past gate keepers or gain the owners attention right away you're only gonna get in the desparate people who've been denied and are desperate for cash ; )

Senior Member Reputation points: 4262 Magicmike18's Avatar

I make 350-400 dials a day.

Senior Member Reputation points: 208

whats your email?

Quote Originally Posted by FIRST US View Post
    Shops making real money don’t cold call at all. Merchants are reaching out to them
    Companies of size and with great reputations have the luxury of getting a lot of referrals from current clients, industry partners, and referral sources. You cannot be complacent and solely rely on the phone magically ringing. It is imperative to constantly market to new referral sources and companies directly.

It is great to cold call a company and get the response...."I have heard of you and your firm from a friend and have been meaning to call you".

Senior Member Reputation points: 35870

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    There is no way in hell you are actually going to speak to 40% of 300 cold calling. The dilution is much higher even if your calls are very targeted. Logically the math does not work. If you call 300 in one day and actually speak to 40% that means you had 120 conversations with a decision maker a day. That is not happening.
    conversation is relative. But its very possible to speak to 120 decision makers a day if your hitting the phones hard.

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

On average, at least 25. They are very targeted to specific industries and size of company.
    Lol, WHAT INDUSTRY ARE YOU ACTUALLY IN! MCA you've got to be doing 250-400 a day minimum to make any money.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    Lol, WHAT INDUSTRY ARE YOU ACTUALLY IN! MCA you've got to be doing 250-400 a day minimum to make any money.
    We are a factor an an asset based lender so it's a different product than MCA. My calls are VERY targeted: industry, size, customer base, revenue, TIB. If you are randomly calling everybody and their uncle asking "do you need money?" you would certainly have to call a lot of people. I am not selling money.....I am offering a solution to a problem.

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

We are a factor an an asset based lender so it's a different product than MCA. My calls are VERY targeted: industry, size, customer base, revenue, TIB. If you are randomly calling everybody and their uncle asking "do you need money?" you would certainly have to call a lot of people. I am not selling money.....I am offering a solution to a problem.
    Just to finish Kevin's sentence, as opposed to creating a problem or creating a need and then filling it, which is what sales and marketing is.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Just to finish Kevin's sentence, as opposed to creating a problem or creating a need and then filling it, which is what sales and marketing is.
    Sales and marketing is more identifying a group or segment of people that have a problem that you are in position to provide a solution for, which I think is what you meant.

Creating a problem or need and filling it, is more like going to a deli up the street and offering them protection, for a nice weekly kickback, and when they refuse, heading back at night and breaking all their windows and then taking a dump on the grill where they make the sandwiches.

There was never a problem until you showed up.

Www.B2BRecon.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Yup fair enough, but obviously your OG answer doesnt match the platform because most people here are selling MCA.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    Yup fair enough, but obviously your OG answer doesnt match the platform because most people here are selling MCA.
    Regardless of product you will always be more successful following a few guidelines rather than shot gunning the masses:

-Target a specific industry where you have knowledge/expertise.
    -Understand the common needs of the target industry.
    -Once getting the prospect on the phone, take the time to understand the business and their needs.
    -Offer a solution to the need.
    -Constantly stay in front of those whom you have reached out to with targeted marketing. Example: I cold called a staffing company over a year ago. I never got the owner on the phone. I followed up with emails. She was receiving and opening our marketing campaigns for months without a reply. She called me out of the blue one day because she had enough with her current factor. She told me she kept my contact details on a yellow sticky on the edge of her computer screen. Result: Closed a $4Mil factoring facility that offered better advance rates, a lot more cost effective, and some banking services her factor could not offer as they are not bank owned.

KH

Normally only 10-15 cold calls, but around 50 follow ups a day

Senior Member Reputation points: 8536

Quote Originally Posted by buildinghand View Post
    Normally only 10-15 cold calls, but around 50 follow ups a day
    How long does it take you get build a pipeline that requires 50 DAILY FOLLOW-UPS with an initial output of 10 - 15 calls daily?

Sounds a little SUS.

Quote Originally Posted by getitfunded View Post
    How long does it take you get build a pipeline that requires 50 DAILY FOLLOW-UPS with an initial output of 10 - 15 calls daily?

Sounds a little SUS.
    Should have specified that the follow up calls are following up with paid leads.

Quote Originally Posted by buildinghand View Post
    Should have specified that the follow up calls are following up with paid leads.
    Paid leads... not the free ones right?

Senior Member Reputation points: 14313

It's not about how many calls - its how efficient you are while making them. If you're banging a dialer all day with "****" data of course you can make 400 calls but you're going to speak to answering machines and gate keepers and people telling you they don't own businesses.

Your conversation ratio while cold calling all depends on the quality of the data you are calling. Its worth spending more time and money to find better data for you and your team so you can connect with the decision maker all day. To find that kind of data comes with trial and error(wasting your money) and developing your marketing relationships. I don't believe anyone in their right mind is going to give up their sources for data to the competition without a hefty price so its best to figure it out on your own.

Once you figure out the data piece, then you can try and make 400 calls a day but hopefully you'll be speaking to decision makers most of the day so you don't have enough time to make the 400 calls.

Hope this helps

Maybe I'm not in my right mind..

Call InfoGroup and ask for John Schent.
    Explain your sales process and company needs, get some targeted UCC's or other types of data that they offer, and then work with him to custom fit your target markets and increase your reach with other avenues.

InfoGroup and Dun & Bradstreet are the only direct sellers of these types of data, if you buy it anywhere else you're getting older data or buying it at a mark-up from someone else who bought in bulk.

If you're interested in any other sources PM me, got some in the chamber.

You don't have to waste your money if you know what you're doing.