Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 12684

Plato Funding Scam

Ive been seeing them a lot in bank statement randomly debiting merchants without them funding or brokering any deals. They are straight up stealing money from merchants. I received an application with the document titled "Plato Funding" and saw the company name on top was DRAGON AND ROOSTER LLC. While is doesnt sound like a MCA company, it is. A LinkedIn profile will show you who this guys is and that hes been in the industry for years. I cant be certain that he owns Plato but regardless, we need to rid the industry of these scum players. If anyone has more information on Plato please let me know so that I can inform my merchants.
    Last edited by FunYouMan; 09-02-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Another scam in mca world..shocking !!

If it’s this guy, he’s a criminal

The email address for Plato matches this person’s name. Please have your merchants contact the police.
    https://www.sec.gov/alj/aljdec/2019/id1358jeg.pdf

Senior Member Reputation points: 4262 Magicmike18's Avatar

One my clients thats doctors while hes prone to shopping actively and getting lot of advances. I seen that company Plato pull out 400$ randomly here and there from his account. He swears up and down he has no clue who they are and only reason hes allowing it is hes scared if he stops it other mcas wont fund him. Bad scenario all around.

Senior Member Reputation points: 76187

Just saw Plato funding pull 400 dollars from a merchants bank account in August even though merchant has no positions

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    Just saw Plato funding pull 400 dollars from a merchants bank account in August even though merchant has no positions
    Please contact the authorities. This man is an admitted thief

Quote Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
    Please contact the authorities. This man is an admitted thief
    I mean I'm good. I'd rather not get caught up in some legal issue over 400 dollars stolen from a merchant that I have no relationship with since I'm just an ISO rep receiving one of many submissions a day. But I do advise, Advisor, that anyone who works with a merchant who has this happening to them to tell the merchant to contact the authorities or take whatever legal action necessary.

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

I mean I'm good. I'd rather not get caught up in some legal issue over 400 dollars stolen from a merchant that I have no relationship with since I'm just an ISO rep receiving one of many submissions a day. But I do advise, Advisor, that anyone who works with a merchant who has this happening to them to tell the merchant to contact the authorities or take whatever legal action necessary.
    Or simply block the debit.

DH.PNG

I have a funder I'm close with that after he signed up as an ISO he sent over his own statements for funding. This guy is just a **** show.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    DH.PNG

I have a funder I'm close with that after he signed up as an ISO he sent over his own statements for funding. This guy is just a **** show.
    howd the revenue look?

Senior Member Reputation points: 31251

Probably lots of $400 deposits

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Or simply block the debit.
    Also yes or simply block the debit. That seems like a more reasonable and easier route than contacting your local authorities to open up a 12 year long investigation into local, state, and federal crimes at which 12 years later you will have to stand trial as a witness in a 2 year long court case that doesn't let you have any outside contact with people so you won't be influenced in your judgement.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19024

Dragon & Rooster LLC? Do ppl even try anymore? lmao.

Also yes or simply block the debit. That seems like a more reasonable and easier route than contacting your local authorities to open up a 12 year long investigation into local, state, and federal crimes at which 12 years later you will have to stand trial as a witness in a 2 year long court case that doesn't let you have any outside contact with people so you won't be influenced in your judgement.
    Or maybe try to protect current and future merchants from the predatory actions of this scumbag by alerting the authorities who have already charged him with a crime.

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

its the perfect scam for reasons like this. also, hes taking $200-$400. so hes either betting he wont get caught or that someone doesn't want to shut down their entire business bank account for that much. hes the epitome of scum in the industry but it just seems like were gonna have to live with it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10589

wish i saw this earlier. We sold this guy leads, he filed a chargeback after it was filled.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

[QUOTE=Keebler;145590]DH.PNG

Neither site works, and Zoom info has an address for them on Wall Street. I thought they verified their data better, especially with having to pay 12K a month to use them.

www.UccRadar.com - Large volume merchants filling out your webform.

Senior Member Reputation points: 46943 JasonBishop's Avatar

demetrios-hallas.jpg

You never when that DailyFunder search bar can help you dodge a bullet. Thanks all for the heads up on this guy.

Banned Reputation points: 471

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBishop View Post
    demetrios-hallas.jpg

You never when that DailyFunder search bar can help you dodge a bullet. Thanks all for the heads up on this guy.
    DRAGON AND ROOSTER LLC IS a Scammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Banned Reputation points: 471

Stay away !!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 65052 TheConfidentBroker's Avatar

I'm going to stir this one up. I was just going to say "Bump" but no. I'm going to be ruthless. I helped this MFer because the last FuNdEr I worked with accepted his ISO Agreement. Was nothing but nice and answered questions and guided him. The true colors of people come out when the air starts getting cut off and more and more you're going to see bad actors and **** tactics.

I asked over 20 people the other day from Funding Company owners to brokers to lead people - What is it they wished they knew before they started in this space? You know the top answer? Consolidated into this: I wish I knew how many deceitful and bad people had it out for you in this space. Figuring out how to decipher people over time is tough and it brings out the nasty in many of them. There are such scorn people and just people who dont gaf about anything not even themselves. It shows. Learn to recognize those traits and stay tf away from people who don't align.

Goal: Don't become a thread on Daily Funder.
    Funding is Temporary. Wu-Tang is Forever.

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunYouMan View Post
    Ive been seeing them a lot in bank statement randomly debiting merchants without them funding or brokering any deals. They are straight up stealing money from merchants. I received an application with the document titled "Plato Funding" and saw the company name on top was DRAGON AND ROOSTER LLC. While is doesnt sound like a MCA company, it is. A LinkedIn profile will show you who this guys is and that hes been in the industry for years. I cant be certain that he owns Plato but regardless, we need to rid the industry of these scum players. If anyone has more information on Plato please let me know so that I can inform my merchants.
    How exactly do you propose we do that? Unless you are willing to accept gov't regulation, which would include background checks and finger printing (like other financial industries), then you are just screaming at a wall