Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Thank goodness for Kevin. It seems nearly the rest of you are helpless.

This will continue until there's a vaccine; until then it will continue thanks to those in denial about what it is and the seriousness.

The idea that COVID is over as the post title suggests (btw, it's not over) is a function of continued social distancing. If we were to put things back to the way they were before COVID, we'd be a lot worse off. Society benefits by taking it seriously - it's not about control - who is winning by "controlling" you to wear a mask? Are you "owning the libs" by your refusal? I will never understand the politicization of a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Do you know math?
    How does density change the same “per 100,000” number? I mean common man.
    If 100,000 people live in a 5-block radius and 100,000 people live in 50 square miles it matters. I mean come on man.

Covid is a myth.
    - Herman Cain

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    If 100,000 people live in a 5-block radius and 100,000 people live in 50 square miles it matters. I mean come on man.
    it matters to people getting infected.It does not matter to percentage of infected that died

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Do you know math?
    How does density change the same “per 100,000” number? I mean common man.
    Let me help you with the stats/math as this seems really hard for you to figure out.

More densely populated areas have higher cases due to population and spread. The death rate is higher in some of these populated areas due to the demographic of those affected within the case load. If you have a dense area populated with younger and non-vulnerable people the 100,000 cases yields less death.
    You can have an area that tests 100,000 people and 25% test positive with a lower death rate because of the demographic of the 100,000....younger and healthy.

Larger populations yield more spread and more cases. The death rate is determined by the underlying demographic of the people in the population.

The flip-side.... You can have a low population area with a high number of elderly or vulnerable have a higher death rate because of the demographic of those affected with less cases and/or spread.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

- Herman Cain
    He choked on ****ty pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    it matters to people getting infected.It does not matter to percentage of infected that died
    It matters if their healthcare system becomes overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Nunya; 08-14-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling

It matters if there healthcare system becomes overwhelmed.
    There is a large number of healthcare professionals that are burning out and leaving the industry because of COVID. I know healthcare workers that have worked at Level 1 Trauma centers for years and have never worked so hard to try and save lives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Thank goodness for Kevin. It seems nearly the rest of you are helpless.

This will continue until there's a vaccine; until then it will continue thanks to those in denial about what it is and the seriousness.

The idea that COVID is over as the post title suggests (btw, it's not over) is a function of continued social distancing. If we were to put things back to the way they were before COVID, we'd be a lot worse off. Society benefits by taking it seriously - it's not about control - who is winning by "controlling" you to wear a mask? Are you "owning the libs" by your refusal? I will never understand the politicization of a virus.
    ugh, ok if you insist... Is there a vaccine for Avian flu? Hong Kong Flu? Sars? All those pandemics are Corona viruses - there hasn't been a vaccine for any of them, ever. Not because they didn't try but because they couldn't do it. So while you wait around for the vaccine I'll work on my immune system and maybe go on a diet. This isn't a Republican or Democrat "thing" people - everybody makes mistakes. Whichever political belief you ascribe to is IRRELEVANT to using common sense when making profoundly idiotic or even dangerous changes to your behavior regarding health and hygiene. Even worse is to "enforce" those changes with laws made by clueless bureaucrats and their supporters.

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

If 100,000 people have COVID, they already have it, so now that they all already have it, the question is what happens after they have it.

Makes sense?

Density is only an argument BEFORE they get it. Not after they already have COVID.

If 100,000 people have COVID, they already have it, so now that they all already have it, the question is what happens after they have it.

Makes sense?

Density is only an argument BEFORE they get it. Not after they already have COVID.
    Wrong! Density of population is critical either way. Density=Spread

If they have it they can spread it. If they don't they can be infected.

Another fun fact: Masks might not protect YOU from getting COVID because of mask type, but in most cases will keep you from spreading it to someone else no matter what type of mask.

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Me Seacoast :

Why are more people per 100 dying in Democrat run states?

COVID Finishing

the Plandemic continues....Fear is winning

Myth?

Covid is a myth.
    That's why I personally know two people, in their 30's, both healthy, pass from this virus... Ya, it's a "myth"

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

If you wanted to see some interesting facts about COVID's spread based on political affiliation, someone actually went through the trouble to compile an article and the numbers to estimate GOP vs DNC in the wake of COVID:

https://apnews.com/7aa2fcf7955333834e01a7f9217c77d2

On the rest of it,I have one thing to say about this pandemic: DIAMOND PRINCESS.
    There was a 20% infection rate on a ship with a population density higher than anywhere on earth, and an average age higher than anywhere on earth, and close to everyone was tested.

It appears, for whatever reason, that there's a real burnout of the virus at 20% of the population being infected. The deaths in Europe is likely due to the average age of the 20% of the population who is getting infected, and the USA deaths are likely due to poor health / obesity.

https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013
    https://twitter.com/mlevitt_np2013/s...025600?lang=en

We're looking at about 220,000 "excess" deaths in the USA from previous years when this burns out. It's just taking a long time to get around the USA because of the size of the country, both natural lack of movement (how often to people travel cross-country?), fear of going outside, lockdowns (which hurt more than solve), it being summer. and don't forget.... those who wear masks are also help slow the spread. However, it's now a question about the vulnerable populations.

At a 20% infection rate of COVID, with the other 40-50% of the people with antibodies, or genetically immune, or who have T-cell memories from another coronavirus they had, that's herd immunity. That will come far before a vaccine.

Burn-out will happen pretty soon in the USA. It happened everywhere else, and despite it being the summer, it's still going around, so why would winter be worse?

I'm optimistic.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fma123 View Post
    the Plandemic continues....Fear is winning
    No, actually it's not. That is, fear and it's merchants are still f&%king thing up which is the plan, but it's not working like they would hope. The first moves have been made and the assault on our personal liberty & standard of living is full-on. What I find encouraging are large pockets of like-minded individuals pushing back like they've been woken up from a deep sleep and just now noticing the buzzing sound around their head.

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    It's about the demographic of those in the densely populated areas that is the reason for the higher death rate. The density causes the ease of spread....the demographic of those effected causes death rate. The dense areas with younger populations have lower death rates, but at the same time have a higher positively rate when tested. It's not about just numbers....it's what's in the number. It was not the younger people in NY dying as much as the elderly and those with underlying conditions. The younger people caused the spread. Much like Florida now. The spread in the densely populated areas is a direct effect of younger people not doing the right thing. In March and April I personally knew of 5 people that contracted the disease and one that died. July I knew over 30 and 5 died. Early July is when Florida started opening back up. Within 2 weeks the numbers started to escalate.
    Dude, stop wasting your time. These kids want to will this thing away & refuse to listen to boots on the ground professionals. My wife too works in a hospital (thank God on the administrative side), and she tells me of how disastrous it was and how dangerous it still is. The European countries have fared better because (as you mentioned) they are not as densely populated as some of our metropolitan areas. They do not deal with two dozen 30-40 story buildings full of people next to each other, nor o they deal with mass transit like we do. Another factor, is they are generally healthier than we are as Americans. Diabetes, obesity, and other chronic issues are breeding grounds for this virus....and the US has plenty of housing for them. Take also into consideration that most of these European & Asian countries listed have had prior experience with invasions and military conflicts right in their back yard. They know what it is like to be under attack, or to have to run for cover.....so when the gov't told them to go inside, or to wear such and such, they didn't argue, they DID IT. They weren't arming up and storming their capitals, or going on Twitter and whining about how their rights are being infringed upon.

These kids are stubborn and going to have to learn the hard way unfortunately. All we can try to do is minimize the damage to those who are willing to listen and cooperate.

Me Seacoast :

Why are more people per 100 dying in Democrat run states?
    Probably due to density of population....

But many red states are now the leaders in new cases...and all that southern fried junk they eat ain't helping matters

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Dude, stop wasting your time. These kids want to will this thing away & refuse to listen to boots on the ground professionals. My wife too works in a hospital (thank God on the administrative side), and she tells me of how disastrous it was and how dangerous it still is. The European countries have fared better because (as you mentioned) they are not as densely populated as some of our metropolitan areas. They do not deal with two dozen 30-40 story buildings full of people next to each other, nor o they deal with mass transit like we do. Another factor, is they are generally healthier than we are as Americans. Diabetes, obesity, and other chronic issues are breeding grounds for this virus....and the US has plenty of housing for them. Take also into consideration that most of these European & Asian countries listed have had prior experience with invasions and military conflicts right in their back yard. They know what it is like to be under attack, or to have to run for cover.....so when the gov't told them to go inside, or to wear such and such, they didn't argue, they DID IT. They weren't arming up and storming their capitals, or going on Twitter and whining about how their rights are being infringed upon.

These kids are stubborn and going to have to learn the hard way unfortunately. All we can try to do is minimize the damage to those who are willing to listen and cooperate.
    Chambo knows....... Thank Mrs. Chambo for her work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    There is a large number of healthcare professionals that are burning out and leaving the industry because of COVID. I know healthcare workers that have worked at Level 1 Trauma centers for years and have never worked so hard to try and save lives.
    People seem to think "flattening the curve" means we are beating it. ALL IT MEANS is that we are slowing it down, so our healthcare workers and ERs can catch up to it.

If you have 25 hospitals in a metropolitan area, and in those hospitals you have 100 ICU beds and equipment each. What happens when 3000-4000 people come in needing urgent care? Who is going to care for them? the doctors and nurses are already stretched to the max taking care of the 2500 beds they have! You going to line them up in the hallway? Put them upstairs in private rooms? How do you get the equipment needed up there? Is there even room? what about medical staff? If a hospital has 200 doctors and nurses, and they can only tend to 3-4 patients successfully at a time...but now you have 3000 people coming in needing ventilators and immediate full time attention....what do you do? THAT is what is going on right now.....

Those refrigerator trucks parked behind hospitals are not there to make deliveries.....

Europe and China - done
    What we have now is a #casedemic
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/Casedemic?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/steph_bernard69/...053633/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/statu...76086413103109

USA? Because of how the states are separated, it's done in NY/NJ. The rest of the country? Almost there.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Europe and China - done
    What we have now is a #casedemic
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/Casedemic?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/steph_bernard69/...053633/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/statu...76086413103109

USA? Because of how the states are separated, it's done in NY/NJ. The rest of the country? Almost there.
    whats done in europe and china ? do you know see whats happening in Spain ?

Quote Originally Posted by fin4all View Post
    whats done in europe and china ? do you know see whats happening in Spain ?
    Spain? The media is crazy and obsessed, that's what's happening.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwlkumcRf6w