Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

confirmed- par raided by fbi

rumor so far but anyone else hear this?

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

Stick a fork in em

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

I don't know courthouse news so I can't rely on their story. There is another similar story in Bloomberg Law.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    rumor so far but anyone else hear this?
    How the hell did they raise half a billy

Senior Member Reputation points: 45092

Not sure if this is true but with the way PAR conducted business i wouldn't be surprised. Everyone saw something like this from a mile away just like with 1st global. Not a good look for the industry

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Stick a fork in em
    I wouldn't be so quick to write them off - I have deep, personal experience with the SEC and can say with confidence that anyone who can stand up to them (read: pay lawyers to stay engaged) usually wins. As regulators go they are the worst, they couldn't find ice cream at Dairy Queen.

The struggle continues

Instead of speculation, I would love to set the tone straight.

I know there is a lot of trolling on this forum but this post has serious intention. The MCA industry is under a microscope and even though we've been the target / trying to be made an example of, it's failing. Miserably. Their only play against us now is slander, which everyone should comprehend. Even though this news is going public now, this situation has been going on for years. We've overcame any issues since, paying any and every fine thrown at us. We've been in court recently and WON. What is occurring now is just chasing and verifying our documentation.

We have no intention of leaving this space, we are not going anywhere -- what do you expect when you're at the top?
    Last edited by PAR; 07-28-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32977

Quote Originally Posted by par View Post
    instead of speculation, i would love to set the tone straight.

I know there is a lot of trolling on this forum but this post has serious intention. The mca industry is under a microscope and even though we've been the target / trying to be made an example of, it's failing. Miserably. Their only play against us now is slander, which everyone should comprehend. Even though this news is going public now, this situation has been going on for years. We've overcame any issues since, paying any and every fine thrown at us. We've been in court recently and won. What is occurring now is just chasing and verifying our documentation.

We have no intention of leaving this space, we are not going anywhere -- what do you expect when you're at the top?
    lol

Ok... so please explain the following:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/ne...9/nk123009.htm

https://www.inquirer.com/business/pa...-20190727.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...sit-from-gino/

Not trying to instigate - just would like to see if you can provide some clarity on these links...

Same thing happened to YSC and they came out on top. You take risks in biz and federal regulators love to cause serious problems its how they get their headlines and try and prove they are doing their "jobs"

What a nightmare I hope and am sure everyone will stay strong over there and this will pass. Unanticipated regulatory enforcement actions are intrusive and unpleasant but it was the SEC not the FBI and this is something you can work passed potentially. I for one hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by PAR View Post

I know there is a lot of trolling on this forum but this post has serious intention. The MCA industry is under a microscope and even though we've been the target / trying to be made an example of, it's failing. Miserably. Their only play against us now is slander, which everyone should comprehend. Even though this news is going public now, this situation has been going on for years. We've overcame any issues since, paying any and every fine thrown at us. We've been in court recently and WON. What is occurring now is just chasing and verifying our documentation.

Ahhhh glad to hear the other side of the story, this too shall pass... Same **** has happened to YSC and a few others. You'll be back on top in no time!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PAR View Post

The SEC plays dirty when they lose. They spend huge amounts of taxpayer money and still lose. The only way they win is by spending you out of court - they audited Bernie Madoff's fund 3 times and not only didn't they stop him but they basically gave him a license to steal billions more. So now they picked a fight with a fighter and, as expected, are losing badly once again. What to do? Have some homeys from the FBI go down to their offices and order coffee; then tell the world. Pathetic - especially when you consider that real frauds & criminals like Corzine and Diamon skate. Par runs a tight ship and SEC lawyers are clowns - my money's on Par.

Last edited by blizzardfunding; 11-10-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: No longer factual

Quote Originally Posted by Gables Capital Group View Post
    Same thing happened to YSC and they came out on top. You take risks in biz and federal regulators love to cause serious problems its how they get their headlines and try and prove they are doing their "jobs"

What a nightmare I hope and am sure everyone will stay strong over there and this will pass. Unanticipated regulatory enforcement actions are intrusive and unpleasant but it was the SEC not the FBI and this is something you can work passed potentially. I for one hope they do.
    My guy, keep us out of this. Hope all turns out well with Par.
    Last edited by Anthony@fundry; 07-28-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Anthony
    Senior Funding Coordinator
    Anthony@fundersconnect.com
    Direct: 201-523-2596
    Fundersconnect Is An Approved Vendor of Delta Bridge Funding Products

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Last edited by abfunders; 08-18-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

is jimmy not an owner

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gables Capital Group View Post

What the SEC and Dept of Finance has been angling for is that syndication through multiple sources, ESPECIALLY individuals, constitutes a sale of securities to unsophisticated investors. Once you have enough "investors" tallied, you need to register as a investment fund & are therefore bound by their rules and regulations. Write these agencies off if you want, but they will keep coming, and then join forces with local DAs....until they get you

Thanks for all the support.

After today's victory, tomorrow we celebrate with 50+ funded deals. For the people that work with us already, you know we'll make the last week of the month stronger than ever. For the individuals that are curious or ever doubted, contact me for an ISO Agreement.

Salute!

Senior Member Reputation points: 86751

always speculated securitizations would come back to haunt this industry. there are several stories that have emerged since of malice to investors. how it keeps happening is beyond me.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14389

I wonder if there is a parallel criminal investigation.
    Last edited by Shorebird; 07-28-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Member Reputation points: 73

I’ve been in this industry for 6 years and from my experience most of these stories come out much after any real problem has come about. In most cases they have been resolved before the gossip starts running around.

Whether it be the FBI or the SEC who is looking into you is irrelevant. When your the biggest in the room they have no choice but to make sure your doing things the right way.

Don’t we all wish we had a business thriving and growing fast enough that you gain this kind of scrutiny. Par has held its good standing through any and all investigation and has grown to a company with half a billion on the street and over 100M in cash reserves.

If anything this gives me more confidence to do business with them after they just beat this on Friday

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by ValeroC View Post
    I’ve been in this industry for 6 years and from my experience most of these stories come out much after any real problem has come about. In most cases they have been resolved before the gossip starts running around.

Whether it be the FBI or the SEC who is looking into you is irrelevant. When your the biggest in the room they have no choice but to make sure your doing things the right way.

Don’t we all wish we had a business thriving and growing fast enough that you gain this kind of scrutiny. Par has held its good standing through any and all investigation and has grown to a company with half a billion on the street and over 100M in cash reserves.

If anything this gives me more confidence to do business with them after they just beat this on Friday
    Cardinal equity has a good reputation of paying people.You might want to think twice before working with a company that does not pay commissions half the time and backdoors deals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Why ever deal with them with all the issues they had prior...constant issues.