Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Quote Originally Posted by UrsulaHaun View Post
    Par's attorneys told the judge that Par's default rate on a "cash-on-cash" basis was indeed 1.2%. This is going to be one heck of a show. If the basis for the lawsuit and asset freeze was the alleged misrepresentation of the default rate and that turns out to be the actual default rate, (under that methodology anyway), then....
    Then they’ll say sorry, and unfreeze the accounts.

Par's attorneys told the judge that Par's default rate on a "cash-on-cash" basis was indeed 1.2%. This is going to be one heck of a show. If the basis for the lawsuit and asset freeze was the alleged misrepresentation of the default rate and that turns out to be the actual default rate, (under that methodology anyway), then....
    "And the merchant default rates are excellent. Put simply, the merchant cash over cash default exposure is 1.2%. That means that of all merchants receiving $100 in cash from CBSG, only $1.20 (1.2%) is defaulted on."

That also means that their default rate over the RTR is less than 1% since they are using the funded amount. Their math doesn't make sense. With $300M in litigation. I call bull **** and anyone that believes that is delusional.

Not to mention they only included one paragraph about their default rates and no mention whatsoever about the insurance they presumably offered.
    Last edited by SmartestGuyInTheRoom; 08-10-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

does that mean that within 90 days there needs to be zero collected not even one dollar to be called a default? sort of why on deck had people paying $5 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    does that mean that within 90 days there needs to be zero collected not even one dollar to be called a default? sort of why on deck had people paying $5 a month
    According to Joseph Cole's deposition "The mechanism for default is not making good on payments as arranged under the agreement."

Actually if they kept 99% of their cash, monthly, with the daily debits and renewals, why can’t this be true?
    Basically it means they’re not loosing cash, which might be true no?

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

99.9 percent the fed case is not flawed

Senior Member Reputation points: 4367

Quote Originally Posted by SmartestGuyInTheRoom View Post
    "And the merchant default rates are excellent. Put simply, the merchant cash over cash default exposure is 1.2%. That means that of all merchants receiving $100 in cash from CBSG, only $1.20 (1.2%) is defaulted on."

That also means that their default rate over the RTR is less than 1% since they are using the funded amount. Their math doesn't make sense. With $300M in litigation. I call bull **** and anyone that believes that is delusional.

Not to mention they only included one paragraph about their default rates and no mention whatsoever about the insurance they presumably offered.
    this guy gets it

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    Actually if they kept 99% of their cash, monthly, with the daily debits and renewals, why can’t this be true?
    Basically it means they’re not loosing cash, which might be true no?
    So their default rate is lower than banks? Makes perfect sense. Liquidating my 401K and writing Par a check.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

Bump.

With 1% default rates, Covid shouldn't have killed them, but Par was insolvent in April.
    http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...stors-Mca.html

Not looking good.
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/par-fu...-20200811.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 14389

Damn! The letter was intense. I still can't figure out who Jimmy was? Everyone is f@cked in this deal.

I always thought that guys at Par were brilliant but now it appears it was all retiree's money they were living off of.

I wonder now if Par ever turned a profit? Doesn't appear so.
    Last edited by Shorebird; 08-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 76187

Bump.

With 1% default rates, Covid shouldn't have killed them, but Par was insolvent in April.

Not looking good.
    Man what a loser. “I’m sorry to say that coronavirus has caused us to go bankrupt... but GOOD NEWS! If you give me more money I will be profitable again!”. 3 months later gets arrested with multiple illegal guns, plans to leave the country and hide on a small island, millions in him and his wife's bank accounts, multiple houses and cars, and multiple threats to his own merchants about how he’s going to kill them if they bounce on one payment.

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    Man what a loser. “I’m sorry to say that coronavirus has caused us to go bankrupt... but GOOD NEWS! If you give me more money I will be profitable again!”. 3 months later gets arrested with multiple illegal guns, plans to leave the country and hide on a small island, millions in him and his wife's bank accounts, multiple houses and cars, and multiple threats to his own merchants about how he’s going to kill them if they bounce on one payment.
    pcfunder federal

Bump.

Not looking good.
    What's crazy is that broker-dealer was fined $500k by the SEC for something completely unrelated two months later.

https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...0#.XzSQQBNKjs0

https://www.sec.gov/enforce/33-10802-s

PAR is done. Gone. Finito. No mas. Adios amigos. The SEC keeps winning in court. The federal charges against Laforte (who everyone knows was running the show with his wife's name on everything because he's a felon with a list of creditors from long island NY to long beach CA) are going to stick. He's looking at 2-4 on the gun charges and the gov't may push for more. My bet is he does more time on the "felon in possession of a firearm" charge than he did for the whole mortgage scam. The SEC's receiver fired everyone and hired a liquidation firm (DSI). PAR's employees will be given the opportunity to interview for their old jobs but it would behoove them to seek employment elsewhere. Even if by some miracle the florida court tosses the case, they are so far gone it will be impossible for them to continue business as usual. How are they going to raise capital after this? No more free steak dinners by their pitchmen. It's very likely, based on laforte's history and family ties, that this becomes a huge criminal matter. Court docs said there are multiple criminal investigations by IRS, FBI, FDIC.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
    Damn! The letter was intense. I still can't figure out who Jimmy was?
    same question. he always claimed he was the owner

I'm hearing PAR is done as well.......only time will tell.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

whoever got funded by them recently made out like bandits especially if it was large amount

maybe, maybe not. the receiver will eventually make collection efforts and enforce contract. but he won't be sending gino, jimmy, tony, and vinny to threaten spouses and children and probably won't be as aggressive in court. They won't be paying Fox Rothschild to litigate around country.

Does anyone remember, how did the receiver handled outstanding contract when they shut down 1st Global last year?

Member Reputation points: 308

Same receiver from 1st Global as the one that that was appointed by the court on PAR .
    Jake Strelzik
    305- 785-2548

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    whoever got funded by them recently made out like bandits especially if it was large amount
    And the brokers who had commissions pending surely got screwed... they weren't great at paying commissions in fair weather

I keep thinking how mind boggling this whole Par thing is. Imagine the operators spent millions of dollars in legal fees what is the biggest law firms, and got unlimited reassurance from Top Top lawyers that nothing will ever ever happen to them.

All these so called “professional experts” on SEC matters were so dead ass wrong. What do you know? The SEC seizes and freezes their asses like a club lion jumps on a freshly killed zebra.

What about all those millions spent on legal advice with the Top of the Top lawyers that “specialize” In these types of matters!?

My solution is as follows: arrest and freeze every single attorney and firm that scams it’s clients. If your legal advice is faulty, why be allowed to charge????

Why are lawyers allowed to scam their clients? Where is the government? FTC? SEC? FBI? CIA?

I don’t get it. How many folks have been scammed by “top lawyers” who milk and bilk you out of millions!