Po financing
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Po financing

Have a client that does a million a month in sales but just landed a purchase order for $315,000,000 does anyone know where to bring this . He needs close to 15 million

Quote Originally Posted by funding1220 View Post
    Have a client that does a million a month in sales but just landed a purchase order for $315,000,000 does anyone know where to bring this . He needs close to 15 million
    bring this to the therapist so he can get his expectations in check

Senior Member Reputation points: 5016 @jeannette's Avatar

I just sent you a Private Message. In Factoring we work with several PO Lenders. Give me a call so I can understand your clients business a little better and I will point you in the correct direction.
    Jeannette Nearing | Business Development Officer| AmeriFactors
    | M (770) 362-2307
    jnearing@amerifactors.com |

http://www.amerifactors.com
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeannettenearing

315MM is a large contract! What industry is your client in? Is the PO with the Govt or a Fortune 500 company? Giving a bit more info would allow the people here to help you...

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Funding Solutions View Post
    315MM is a large contract! What industry is your client in? Is the PO with the Govt or a Fortune 500 company? Giving a bit more info would allow the people here to help you...
    yah! like what's the merchant name, number and email address?

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Hey funder1220, help us out here!

First of all, what's the industry? Is this company buying products (from China, Vietnan, whatever) and delivering to an end user as a distributor, or is doing work as a manufacturer, or is it a PO to do work, like construction? All of these are fundable if the contract is in place and it's a legit contract. If it's buying product and delivering, those are more "traditional" PO financing, whereas the others are more "contract" financing, where there's a contract in place and they need some working capital to start it up.

I'm also assuming that the entire $315mm doesn't need to be done at once, and it's spread over a few years.

If you'd like to work the deal together, my email address is below or you can give me a call, whatever works. I sent you a PM also.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

I know nothing about this deal and I can help you out. It's never going to happen.

-It will be hard to find anyone to write a $15Mil PO check in this climate.
    -The income of $1Mil/month does not support the deal if something goes wrong.
    -Who the hell gives a $300Mil+ contract to a $1mil/month business?
    -Without evening looking/knowing, I bet this is PPE, hand sanitizer, or some other COVID related product.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

the purchase order is from the US GOVT....i have no idea what i stepped in i do strictly MCAS so any help would be appreciated

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

It does not matter if it's with the government or a large commercial customer. It's likely not going to happen. I have been seeing 25-30 of these a week. we don't offer PO funding, but those funders want a factor on the back side of the deal.....hence the reason I get called. $15Mil PO financing firms are almost non-existent. We are one of the few firms out there that can factor that size.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

the purchase order is from the US GOVT....i have no idea what i stepped in i do strictly MCAS so any help would be appreciated
    There are banks who can do large POs like this. They start with a term loan with a 1 year balloon.
    Give us a bit more juice, although information for a US Gov't PO for such a large amount without the assets at all to back it up, and you cold-called someone who told you about it sounds a bit fishy.
    - What's the industry?
    - What's the product or service that the gov't wants from this company?
    - Do you have the PO in hand? You don't have to share it, just did you see it?

Banned Reputation points: 11251

I hope you can find a solution for this. If you can provide more details it does help get better solutions from this forum and there are selective few that can actually help you.

I am sorry if I am coming off as rude, but the details you are providing does not help anyone. I just don't want you to waste your time with a deal that is going to transpire to just wasted time and the solicitation of wannabe providers that send you messages and tell you that they have a partner or lender that can help you.

Without disclosing too much you should be able to provide generic answers. If you can answer or provide questions such as do they have collateral in forms of real estate, inventory, equipment, etc? How strong is the borrower? What is the legitimacy of the purchase order? Do they have LOI's or agreement in hand? Is the PO the US Gov? What are the financials (returns/PNL/Balance sheet/Debt schedule)? I don't know if you did and maybe you have, its important to ask the right questions and get the information that can lead you to the right path. If your not getting the necessary paperwork from the merchant or they aren't able to answer the simplest of questions, be careful of your time being wasted.

Want to know the legitimacy of what you can do, take notice to the people that respond to you. Do they have a gmail.com email address, let a lone a website. Does their thread include their email and phone number. How have you reviewed their past posts and does it show relevance of solutions.

But this is just a thought and simply trying to help. My overall suggestion is that @kevin henry-seacoast is 99% correct, but there is not to say there isn't that one single unicorn solution but or multiple solutions to get you what they need. But re-evaluate the need and is it a path you want to go down and what is the reality that it will lead to a closed deal.

Hope this helps and good luck. Dont hesitate to reach out.

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    yah! like what's the merchant name, number and email address?
    Good job showing everyone here, in a public setting, just how intricate your knowledge of the finance industry is, that to you, all a deal entails is an email address and a phone number!

In case you were wondering though, I was advising him to post generalities, mainly in regards to where the PO is coming from (which he now stated is the US govt) as it is a bit unusual for a company with 12MM in annual sales to end up with a 315MM PO from a reputable source. And further yet, for the financing aspect of the deal to end up in the hands of a broker who has minimal knowledge of the PO financing industry or the players within it.

I am not saying that it's not possible, but a little background on the deal, in generalties, can go a long way in getting pointed in the right direction.
    Last edited by Quick Funding Solutions; 07-27-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

Speak with Clint at TradeCap Partners for this PO.