Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 76187

Don Dolla. Coolest person to ever pick up a phone and work a sales job.

Lol ok bro! Thanks for the epic boost of confidence.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    David. You use to be fat and now you’re “woke” You’re just bored and boring as ****. You woke ass cancel ass got nothing to do ass but complain ass *****
    lmao what....he can bench 275 tho

Banned Reputation points: 11251

Quote Originally Posted by Fund_It View Post
    https://youtu.be/YTkvTwkecpE

Go watch this.

You spent 15 years in an industry that you suddenly want to promote as "predatory".

You were considered "a guru" by some rich guy you can’t say because of legalities.

You have someone on your panel on the podcast that got fired for backdooring deals.

You have someone who moderated a cash advance closer's group.

The only reason you are doing this is because you either:

A. Got Fired.
    B. You weren't as successful as your mind thought you were.
    C. You just want some attention.

YOU were predatory for 15 years, suddenly have a change of heart? Lmao. But you waited until the pandemic where the industry is at an all-time low to start this? Alternative Financing News, you guys are absolute jokes, and need to hang it up.
    Dave

If you don't mind me asking is this the only video? I tried finding other videos, blogs, website etc. With the video being to short, I wanted to better understand the theory of Dave (GoodCustomerService) and what his opinion or theory of how do we go about weeding out the bad apples or making the industry better. Its easy to point fingers and say its bad but tell us how to make it better.

I have had my fair share of being backdoor, stolen applications, apps being passed around all of that mumbo jumbo and we have created processes to prevent it. I get calls all day of companies (which I will not name) asking for Wally and how they can get Wally working capital, they are a direct funder, mom and pop shop, investment bank, private investor, etc. Sadly Wally(we never got him funding) has been out of business for 2 years, but it shows me that my application/data has been passed around.

My company does provide advances and it is NEVER our first choice. When a merchant reaches out to us and they need money yesterday/today/tomorrow/this week/ or inside 30 days and cannot provide a financial documents or show profit, it is sad to say but an Advance is sometimes their only choice. We tell them this and what to expect and to SURPRISE they know this or accept it because of either low credit score/cant provide financials/not in business long enough/been turned down by banks/many other reasons etc/etc/etc/

Its case by case, but we have better options such as term loans or lines of credit etc. etc etc that benefit them other than an advance, (for example we just provided a vending machine provider who we have been working with and got them an advance for 30K in Jan 2020 at a 1.49 factor over 12 months, but advised how to improve their options and they followed it and we just got them last week of June 75k/payback 86K, monthly payments 24 months.

Dave (GoodCustomerService) can you advise what is your theory/opinion on how to make the industry better? To point fingers and just say that it is predatory lending is not a solution and to point them to a community bank that has to follow the regulatory regulations like a large banking institution (Not like back in the day when they can just walk into their local bank and just say they need $$$$ and it was in their account that day because of a relationship) is not an answer. As we all know a majority of the businesses that work with providers/brokers in this forum cannot qualify for these traditional banking options.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Dave had a great idea for a product at Primary Cap. He was definitely trying to be the "good guy" in the industry, being creative, in his pitch to me.

To say "give business to your bank" is correct. But what if the bank doesn't want your business?

The biggest predatory loans are Student Loans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWWTTMj0xw (there's a 3-hour version and what he did on his show)
    They're empowered by Congress and the price of university has risen and we are all forced to pay for it. 18-year-olds are not credit-worthy to take out $100,000 of debt!
    Micah this is so true, check out Peter Schiff about when the government got involved in student loans costs then got inflated. "Because if the government pays for it why do you care what it costs?"

Check out his YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIj...FxYtFmWlbTGQRQ Or check out his conversation https://youtu.be/OK2zgeJLVwU with Joe Rogan. Its great background for when you are working during the day. Im not trying to be political but it offers a great Perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xc1UotJng

I'm genuinely curious about this question: A lot of people in MCA are religious and to me religion has the utmost respect towards life and humanity. Does anyone who funds merchants ever feel bad when they freeze their bank account, file a judgement against them, harass the merchants, embarrass them by calling their clients/AR, and do other aggressive collection methods? I understand the theory that "merchants are assholes anyway" but how can one of gods creations be so deserving of such punishment if god forgives all humans sins on earth? Does anyone ever feel like they are taking advantage of someone who's in a tough situation in their life?

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post

I'm genuinely curious about this question: A lot of people in MCA are religious and to me religion has the utmost respect towards life and humanity. Does anyone who funds merchants ever feel bad when they freeze their bank account, file a judgement against them, harass the merchants, embarrass them by calling their clients/AR, and do other aggressive collection methods? I understand the theory that "merchants are assholes anyway" but how can one of gods creations be so deserving of such punishment if god forgives all humans sins on earth? Does anyone ever feel like they are taking advantage of someone who's in a tough situation in their life?
    first off i am a broker. Now i do speak to a lot of funders and merchants.Beside for some scumbags (bad apples) funders that i hate , most hate going the legal route and will try very hard to reach the merchant and have the iso try also just to talk with them and tell them whats up . They pretty much all will work with a merchant going through a hard time like what is happening now. Now keep in mind no one is running a charity ,just giving money for free. They have to do some sort of collections as they have responsibility to their investors.

How do you plan on properly distiguishing " the good apples and the bad apples " when you are clearly not in the trenches/dont want to try and originate and dont have anyone on your team who has legitimate experience as a broker. I'm not against the general idea of reforming security aspects of the industry to protect the merchants... but it sounds like you are just going after the attention and "accountability" of A paper lenders who have left you salty and in their dust...

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Being religious shouldn't mean the same thing as allowing yourself to be taken advantage of

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    first off i am a broker. Now i do speak to a lot of funders and merchants.Beside for some scumbags (bad apples) funders that i hate , most hate going the legal route and will try very hard to reach the merchant and have the iso try also just to talk with them and tell them whats up . They pretty much all will work with a merchant going through a hard time like what is happening now. Now keep in mind no one is running a charity ,just giving money for free. They have to do some sort of collections as they have responsibility to their investors.
    Does that mean that collecting money is more important than another persons life? I had a deal awhile ago where a merchant was doing 500k a month and had an excellent business. By his 3rd advance a lot of things started to happen to him and his business had a major downfall that was unexpected. I spoke to him on the phone to try and set up a payment plan and he literally said "I am trying my hardest to not jump off the nearest bridge". Does a responsibility to an investor have more merit than a responsibility to being a good person who happens to be more blessed on this planet than the person you are legally going after?

Also whats the justification in giving someone $50,000 and having them pay back $75,000 over 6 months with 5% fee's so the merchant doesn't even net the full 50k... Does that also somehow feel moral and normal to do to other people who are living in this same world we all share under god? If I was an investor and I had millions and millions to play with, I'm not too sure that I would look at cash advance as a game to get into. Technically I could get into selling cocaine and that would make me some INSANE profit as well but where does the line from whats morally right and wrong start and end?

Does that mean that collecting money is more important than another persons life? I had a deal awhile ago where a merchant was doing 500k a month and had an excellent business. By his 3rd advance a lot of things started to happen to him and his business had a major downfall that was unexpected. I spoke to him on the phone to try and set up a payment plan and he literally said "I am trying my hardest to not jump off the nearest bridge". Does a responsibility to an investor have more merit than a responsibility to being a good person who happens to be more blessed on this planet than the person you are legally going after?
    Now you are getting involved in a specific situation that a funder needs to make a call.Did something happen or was it take the money and run. big difference.
    I have a current merchant that not only put a stop payment 1 week in , she even went in disputed the week of payments she did do. now she is a person , she is a single mother with 3 kids . should the funder just write it off as charity or go after her?

Also whats the justification in giving someone $50,000 and having them pay back $75,000 over 6 months with 5% fee's so the merchant doesn't even net the full 50k... Does that also somehow feel moral and normal to do to other people who are living in this same world we all share under god? If I was an investor and I had millions and millions to play with, I'm not too sure that I would look at cash advance as a game to get into. Technically I could get into selling cocaine and that would make me some INSANE profit as well but where does the line from whats morally right and wrong start and end?
    Flip side is dont give them anything and now what ? where does that end? On my birthday my phone blows up from merchants calling me that love me. some i funded 5 years ago and never since but still love how it saved the business that one time he needed money asap. My job as a broker is to get the merchant the best possible deal that is out there for them , whether that is a sba loan or 3 month 1.5 . spell out all fees and let them think about it and let them make there own decision
    Last edited by Michael I; 07-17-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Now you are getting involved in a specific situation that a funder needs to make a call.Did something happen or was it take the money and run. big difference.
    I have a current merchant that not only put a stop payment 1 week in , she even went in disputed the week of payments she did do. now she is a person , she is a single mother with 3 kids . should the funder just write it off as charity or go after her?
    In a perfect world, write it off and try to find a better product that doesn't destroy people with bad credit and financial difficulties cash flow. I'm young and honestly not as experienced as a lot of you guys in a lot of ways. I'm just wondering why people who have so much money, power, and influence are investing in the growth of MCA's? A decent amount of my friends from Baruch College and even from my high school went into MCA because of the insane amount of jobs that were created from this industry. I'm wondering why investors who are people of God couldn't find something else to invest into that would maybe be a little less evil?

Also a lot of high risk firms are very religious too. What is their excuse? Isn't their entire business model based off of putting most merchants into default and aggressively going after them through insanely abusive collection methods?

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Let me just and answer the religion question.

pcfunder, you're making an assumption about religion in general versus liberal Western values. Some religions look at non-religious-cohorts as infidels deserving of punishment. Look no further than Christianity in the middle ages and the Jewish pogroms, or the Taliban. Religion does not mean what Western modern Christianity defines it as "G-d forgives everything!" In my opinion, he'd be a pretty bad parent and bad boss if there were no consequences and everything is "live and let live."

So if you don't like that, it doesn't mean that G-d is bad, it means that you just don't like Him. Or you don't believe in a religion like that, I'm not well-versed in other religions, but if you examine the philosophy of Maimonides, you'd find pretty hard logical proofs that G-d judges, and it's a good thing. But it doesn't prove that every version of god doesn't judge. Don't know much about the non-monotheists, perhaps some of the gods in those religions don't judge, they just run around naked shooting love arrows.

Collections of cash advances are the same as credit card collections. There are laws, there are more aggressive and less aggressive ways to do it. COJs were perhaps too aggressive. I think that the jury's still out on that one, but NY legislature has spoken.

If someone is in violation of their agreements by stacking or by non-payment, who's the one in the wrong? I'm not talking about aggressive collection, I'm talking about who's the one who's wrong? Agreed, that COJs in hand became weaponized, and that's one discussion. But why throw all MCA purchasers under the bus because of the COJ?

"Goes against the client's best interest." I'm sorry, but we do NOT work for the client. We have investors and we have obligations, and perhaps the COJ was a bad idea, but who's life is ruined? Maybe the investor's life is ruined because a funder decided never to do collections every again? Maybe the broker's life is ruined because he was trusting his syndication money with you?

Also, someone who's using foul language like that in public with a Jewish head covering is a huge desecration of the Jewish G-d. Nachmonidies, beginning of Kedoshim.

Quoting here, not commenting, leave judgement for youself:
    David said, we will first fund you and then give you information how "Never take this predatory product ever again."

Let me just and answer the religion question.

pcfunder, you're making an assumption about religion in general versus liberal Western values. Some religions look at non-religious-cohorts as infidels deserving of punishment. Look no further than Christianity in the middle ages and the Jewish pogroms, or the Taliban. Religion does not mean what Western modern Christianity defines it as "G-d forgives everything!" In my opinion, he'd be a pretty bad parent and bad boss if there were no consequences and everything is "live and let live."

So if you don't like that, it doesn't mean that G-d is bad, it means that you just don't like Him. Or you don't believe in a religion like that, I'm not well-versed in other religions, but if you examine the philosophy of Maimonides, you'd find pretty hard logical proofs that G-d judges, and it's a good thing. But it doesn't prove that every version of god doesn't judge. Don't know much about the non-monotheists, perhaps some of the gods in those religions don't judge, they just run around naked shooting love arrows.

Collections of cash advances are the same as credit card collections. There are laws, there are more aggressive and less aggressive ways to do it. COJs were perhaps too aggressive. I think that the jury's still out on that one, but NY legislature has spoken.

If someone is in violation of their agreements by stacking or by non-payment, who's the one in the wrong? I'm not talking about aggressive collection, I'm talking about who's the one who's wrong? Agreed, that COJs in hand became weaponized, and that's one discussion. But why throw all MCA purchasers under the bus because of the COJ?

"Goes against the client's best interest." I'm sorry, but we do NOT work for the client. We have investors and we have obligations, and perhaps the COJ was a bad idea, but who's life is ruined? Maybe the investor's life is ruined because a funder decided never to do collections every again? Maybe the broker's life is ruined because he was trusting his syndication money with you?

Also, someone who's using foul language like that in public with a Jewish head covering is a huge desecration of the Jewish G-d. Nachmonidies, beginning of Kedoshim.

Quoting here, not commenting, leave judgement for youself:
    David said, we will first fund you and then give you information how "Never take this predatory product ever again."
    Ok interesting point. Again, I am not trying to offend or act like what I'm saying is correct and everyone else is wrong. I am just trying to understand because my gut tells me that something is wrong with all of this even though I've made a pretty good living doing this and I related to a lot of what David said.

It also feels weird that on a normal day my job involves me working with the mafia, ex criminals who have committed felonies, and brokers with 0 sales training or 0 sales experience. I'm not sure what that says but feels like its odd to ignore that one as well...

Senior Member Reputation points: 31251

Honestly I am loving this thread. Thanks for making my morning coffee better.

Quote Originally Posted by fin4all View Post
    lmao what....he can bench 275 tho
    still trying to figure out what the point of that statement was....

And no, the business model isn't fund until collections. It's fund, and they know that some will default. Credit cards are also fund fund fund, then go through collections channels. That's underwriting. JB and his ilk, on the other hand, that was a business model of get back as much money as fast as you can, and then hit them with aggressive illegal collections when they definitely default. Most funders did and do not do that.

Ok interesting point. Again, I am not trying to offend or act like what I'm saying is correct and everyone else is wrong. I am just trying to understand because my gut tells me that something is wrong with all of this even though I've made a pretty good living doing this and I related to a lot of what David said.

It also feels weird that on a normal day my job involves me working with the mafia, ex criminals who have committed felonies, and brokers with 0 sales training or 0 sales experience. I'm not sure what that says but feels like its odd to ignore that one as well...
    1) Not offended.
    2) I make a living off dealing with brokers who don't know much else other than MCAs, so it's hard to complain
    3) Yes, I can relate to David's points as well, it's just the way it's being presented is a bit ... aggressive, unbecoming and crass. I've dealt with plenty of the bad actors as well.

Are we just going to skip over the fact that you have someone on the panel who was fired for backdooring? You want to “protect customers, clients and investors” but having someone on your panel who did the complete opposite contradicts your statement. That pisses me off more than “3 month 1.49 with 10% fees”

And no, the business model isn't fund until collections. It's fund, and they know that some will default. Credit cards are also fund fund fund, then go through collections channels. That's underwriting. JB and his ilk, on the other hand, that was a business model of get back as much money as fast as you can, and then hit them with aggressive illegal collections when they definitely default. Most funders did and do not do that.
    I kind of hate credit cards too lol. I never learned a single thing about credit cards in middle school or high school which looking back on it I find that extremely odd. When I started my own business I was approved for a 10k line of credit. I have no idea why or how but the bank called me up and said congratulations you will have your card in the mail soon! I'm not saying that this is not my fault as well but it was pretty easy to lose control of that card pretty quick and took me a long time to pay it off. It is kind of odd that no one told me a single thing about how credit cards work and they just handed me a $10,000 line of credit in my early 20's. It almost feels like "wow a major bank trusts me with a 10k line of credit, I should be absolutely fine using this!". I have the same feeling about how easy it was to get a student loan. I was able to take on 30k of debt at 18 years old without hesitation. I didn't need that 30k of debt to do MCA what so ever. My first MCA job literally sat me at a desk, they told me to listen to how other people talk on the phone, handed me leads, and left the room. That was the most training I have ever had in my entire MCA career and I somehow had to pay 30k to get to that point.
    Last edited by pcfunder; 07-17-2020 at 11:13 AM.

I kind of hate credit cards too lol. I never learned a single thing about credit cards in middle school or high school which looking back on it I find that extremely odd. When I started my own business I was approved for a 10k line of credit. I have no idea why or how but the bank called me up and said congratulations you will have your card in the mail soon! I'm not saying that this is not my fault as well but it was pretty easy to lose control of that card pretty quick and took me a long time to pay it off. It is kind of odd that no one told me a single thing about how credit cards work and they just handed me a $10,000 line of credit in my early 20's. It almost feels like "wow a major bank trusts me with a 10k line of credit, I should be absolutely fine using this!". I have the same feeling about how easy it was to get a student loan. I was able to take on 30k of debt at 18 years old without hesitation. I didn't need that 30k of debt to do MCA what so ever. My first MCA job literally sat me at a desk, they told me to listen to how other people talk on the phone, handed me leads, and left the room. That was the most training I have ever had in my entire MCA career and I somehow had to pay 30k to get to that point.
    The debt trap didn't start with MCAs..... "Listen man, everyone's doin' it!"
    American Colleges are the biggest ponzi scheme.
    https://www.city-journal.org/higher-...ty-bureaucracy *

*very right-wing website apparently, heavily biased one way, but I still think this person did a very excellent analysis. My father died while I was in college and that the life insurance paid off my student loans. Call it lucky, call it unfortunate, call it morbid, whatever you want. But that's a lot of money that I didn't get to my pockets later on in life.
    Last edited by abfunders; 07-17-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

Are we just going to skip over the fact that you have someone on the panel who was fired for backdooring? You want to “protect customers, clients and investors” but having someone on your panel who did the complete opposite contradicts your statement. That pisses me off more than “3 month 1.49 with 10% fees”
    big allegations who???

Quote Originally Posted by fin4all View Post
    big allegations who???
    Lets see if GoodCustomerService wants to answer first

Lets see if GoodCustomerService wants to answer first
    Just when you thought things couldn't get juicier