Hi all,

New noob here, completed training, just began marketing as new ISO. New to finance, alternative lending. Burned out on telemarketing after decades; using LinkedIn Connect & Message method of organic lead gen for now. Inbound leads are arriving as predicted. 1st call is tomorrow.

I can wing any phone conversation; beyond winging it, any good heads-up from pros out there that would make life easier for lenders and clients, I'd love to hear.

Any basic tips, little things you wish you'd known long ago, things that smoothly place you in the right posture in relation to the business owner (as an evaluator rather than the one being evaluated), etc., would be greatly appreciated. Things you'd rather have known ahead of time if only someone had clued you in :^)

"Whatever you do, don't do this" advice is also highly valued. Or a sentence or two that puts the prospect at ease and makes you sound relaxed and in control. How to handle "shopper" mentality (why they might as well work with you as anyone else, that sort of thing).

And most important: the crap I'm not asking because too ignorant to know I was supposed to ask it

Thanks in advance