Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 208

Best paying non MCA- financing options for brokers

Aside from MCA, what types of financing options can brokers make a lot from? I’m referring to commercial mortgages, factoring, equipment financing, term loans and etc.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

It all depends on the size of transactions and who you are working with. I have been referred factoring and ABL deals from brokers who solely focused on MCA. They were presently surprised of the income generated from transactions vs. a smaller MCA.

-Transaction tend to be larger
    -Fees: some pay up to 15% of the net spread over the life of the client.
    -If you are working with the right firm the relationship tends to be sticky. Our average life of a client is 3 years. Our referral partners are paid for the life of the client.

Example: A broker from this forum approached me about 4 years ago. He had an IT staffing company seeking working capital. He was going to get them a $50K advance that would have paid him a quick $4K. We offered a $1.5Mil factoring facility that is now 4 years old and approaching $4Mil. His first yea he made 4 times what he would have made on the advance. Commissions have gone up since then since the company has more than doubled in size......partly due to our cost effective and flexible factoring facility. The company referred other companies to the broker and we helped them as well. One of them called me directly and we paid the broker on the deal.

Happy, sticky clients make you more money in the long run. They also have a tendency to refer people to you.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Banned Reputation points: 11251

Quote Originally Posted by Iscibibi153 View Post
    Aside from MCA, what types of financing options can brokers make a lot from? I’m referring to commercial mortgages, factoring, equipment financing, term loans and etc.
    @kevin Henry-Seacoast is one of your best options for the products he is able to offer. @richardgerard is also a good source as well, I've done many deals with him that were not advances and made very very very good money. Two legitimate sources that you never have to worry about getting paid and getting the job done. Just follow what they tell you, Very good reputation in this industry as well.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Roger-Thanks for the kind words.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Iscibibi153 View Post
    Wow did you already fail doing mca that you are looking to move on to something else?Anything that you know how to do well you make a lot of money from.The other types of financing are harder to learn and market to than mca.

Great insights, thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Iscibibi153; 06-24-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Great insights, thanks for sharing!