Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Facebook Content, Mysterious organic engagement increase. But how/why?

I have had a business fan page since 2011. The page has about 100K followers.. I have always posted regularly. But over the last week something has changed. The page is getting huge amounts of organic engagement on my recent posts.. I haven't changed the type of content I post or the quality, but Facebook must have changed something related to how they rate my content and display it on their platform.

The Facebook Gods are being good to me, and I am thankful! But I would like to understand exactly what happend and why...

However, as great as I think I am, I know better than to think I am the only person that is getting some extra love from the Facebook algorithms, and I know better that to think this is just pure luck. I feel Facebook has changed something. Maybe they have started some new initiative to put small businesses on the fore front?? I have no clue what has happened, but would like to figure it out..

Have any one else noticed a huge change in the organic engagement that their business page is receiving?

This is crazy, and I don't understand what happened and why. Take a look at these numbers from the same types of post. The only difference is when the post was made. The increased engagement is still happening on my new posts as well. I can even repost an old photo from a year ago, but now the engagement number are really really high... My mind is blown...

308% Increase in People Reached.
    1748% Increase in Comments.
    614% Increase in Shares.

I am still searching for an explanation.

Last edited by Winning; 07-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 31251

Congrats. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    Congrats. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
    I am definitely enjoying.. But if I don't understand how and why it happened, I can't plan for it and/or scale for it. So opportunity ends up being wasted. That's the issue..

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

Many big corps like Walmart, McDonald's, Geico, Allstate and hundreds more are boycotting Facebook. Maybe that is why

Senior Member Reputation points: 18943

ad spending went down by 1/3.. maybe they are giving free hits of dopamine

That did cross my mind that the boycotts going around could have led them to pour more into small businesses in hopes that when business return those businesses will remember how well the increased exposure worked, then pay Facebook for the increase exposure going forward. But I would think they would also want to announce something like that as well... I would think that would be Good Press.

For example, a headline something like....
    "In support of businesses that are suffering due to the Covid Pandemic, Facebook is automatically increasing the exposure of Business pages' posts. Some businesses will see up to a 300% increase in a posts reach"....

I can testify that Facebook exposure, if done right, does work. I think back in 2016, I spent about $1000 a day on facebook ads for about week. But it generated like $100K in sales over that 1 week period. But it was a very calculated effort to pull off, and I had to strategical do various things. This new free engagement that I don't even understand, has my mind racing to figure out exactly what is going on.
    Last edited by Winning; 07-22-2020 at 07:08 PM.