Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 6585

www.kanjorskipartners.com/refinance - Can't Perform - Scam Lender

So I saw this guys posts and spam of the boards and sent him several deals - They Issued term sheets on a large deal in February and revised in March and adjusted to take into account the Covid issues. I then kept in contact and when the flights opened up we were told the deal would move forward.
    We sent updated financials and Stefan Bernarsky continued to lie and say they were very busy and he would have final numbers. He then vanished for 2 weeks ignoring phone calls and txt and emails. So Today I sent a txt asking if they were still in business as I had 4 new deals to submit. He Immediately Surfaces and says yes they are in business and swamped but he no longer wants to do the original transaction but wants the 4 new files.

I would warn you all that something is very wrong and if you send this guy files I have no idea what he is using all of the information for but it's not funding deals. And I have the 2 signed term sheets that they are now ignoring.

Mike
    Last edited by michaelh; 06-16-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Quote Originally Posted by michaelh View Post
    So I saw this guys posts and spam of the boards and sent him several deals - They Issued term sheets on a large deal in February and revised in March and adjusted to take into account the Covid issues. I then kept in contact and when the flights opened up we were told the deal would move forward.
    We sent updated financials and Stefan Bernarsky continued to lie and say they were very busy and he would have final numbers. He then vanished for 2 weeks ignoring phone calls and txt and emails. So Today I sent a txt asking if they were still in business as I had 4 new deals to submit. He Immediately Surfaces and says yes they are in business and swamped but he no longer wants to do the original transaction but wants the 4 new files.

I would warn you all that something is very wrong and if you send this guy files I have no idea what he is using all of the information for but it's not funding deals. And I have the 2 signed term sheets that they are now ignoring.

Mike
    I'm not vouching for them but, did your deals conform to their unique underwriting?
    Their web site details what is required for them to possibly fund?

IMO - not many merchants would fit into their scheme.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Did you not see the part where they issued 2 term sheet after getting all the documentation? Are you asking if they just issue term sheets before seeing if the deal conforms?

Banned Reputation points: 769

Mike,

I am sorry that we declined your transaction. To set the record straight, we declined the transaction after post-term sheet discoveries that were not present prior to the term sheet issuance. We never engaged for a due diligence fee nor asked for one.

Additionally, you failed to mention in your post that out of the 2 files total that you have historically submitted to us, we funded 1 of the 2 transactions that you submitted via your partner in Money Matchmacker Co Capital. The commission on that deal that we funded with a refinance was paid at closing to your company/partner.
    Last edited by KanjorskiPartners; 06-16-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Mr Bernarsky

You never funded a file I sent you - If you funded a file for Burt that is fine. And why are claiming you found out things after the term sheet was issued. That conflicts with the text you sent and you did not respond to any inquiries for 2 weeks. Your specific txt was " Yes we are still in Business. Just absolutely swamped w submissions. We are not keen on the XXXXX transaction at this time." Too New of a company and to much working capital being asked for." You new the age of the company from the original submission and you knew the working capital request. If You like I can post the 6 unanswered emails and 12 unanswered txt. And you have been working on this file since the Second week of January.

In case your forgot here is the last 2 emails you sent showing you asking for updates on May 14 and they were immediately responded to and then an email from me after no response in 2 and a half weeks On June 3rd and I have sent you 6 emails with no response and txt. And in case you forgot you claimed that you were going to look at the file and send a term sheet and then refused to respond again until today!

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:23 PM
    To:
    Subject: update

Hi XXXXXX,

Hope you and your family are well.

Not sure if you took another route on your refinancing needs. It seems as though restrictions will be lifting for us on or before end of May in Pennsylvania (we are next to NJ and NY so we are still essentially locked down)

If you want us to refresh your potential deal and prepare to finalize an updated term sheet agreement and find a path towards closing please send:

1) updated AR
    2) updated AP
    3) update P&L
    4) updated balance sheet
    5) updated balances on all MCAs
    6) updated working capital needs through end of 2020
    7) mar, apr and interim May bank statements
    8) updated WIP / projections

Looks like we are heading towards a normalcy in our area and can resume normal operations and travel soon.

Thank you XXXXX.

Stefan M. Bernarsky

Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 4:28 PM
    To:
    Subject: Re: XXXXXX

I got a long email from her that I remember. I’ll have to go back and check. Sorry we have been absolutely slammed with applications and deals the past 2 to 3 weeks.

Stefan M. Bernarsky
    Chief Investment Officer
    KANJORSKI PARTNERS, LLC
    Cellphone: 570-862-7279
    www.kanjorskipartners.com
    Financing. Consulting. Investing.
    Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:11:41 PM
    To: Stefan Bernarsky
    Subject: XXXXX

What is going on with this file - she said she sent you the updated information and never heard back from you

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your Business!

Sincerely Yours,
    Last edited by michaelh; 06-16-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Oy vey.

Mike,

Again, I am sorry that we declined your one transaction. To set the record straight, we declined the transaction after post-term sheet discoveries that were not present prior to the term sheet issuance. We never engaged for a due diligence fee nor asked for one.

Additionally, you failed to mention in your post that out of the 2 files total that you have historically submitted to us, we funded 1 of the 2 transactions that you submitted via your partner in Money Matchmacker Co Capital. The commission on that deal that we funded with a refinance was paid at closing to your company/partner.

Mr. Bernarsky

I do not have a partner - are your records that sloppy? And why do you claim you are backed up and have so many files that you can't keep up yet send out spam emails twice a week asking for submissions. Why can't you process files in the order they are received and answer questions in a timely manner and why do you continue to lie about undisclosed discoveries? You never even sent a letter detailing why you are choosing to decline the submission, failed to respond to emails but continue to claim you are a reputable company. Your own emails detail that you can not even manage file submissions or track emails and respond in a timely manner.

No broker wants to submit a file to a lender who does not respond in a timely manner and if the file is declined provides a reason for the decline so the broker can inform the customer. The emails above show you asked for documents on May 14th and received them On June 3 rd after multiple emails you responded that you never looked at the documents you requested.

And as a side question is this you being sued by Barclays Bank or someone else?
    Barclays Bank Delaware v. Stefan Bernarsky
    MJ-45301-CV-0000170-2019 | Pennsylvania State, Magisterial District Court, Lackawanna County
    Judge Magisterial District Judge Paul Keeler
    Filed Aug. 8, 2019
    Last edited by michaelh; 06-17-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Did you not see the part where they issued 2 term sheet after getting all the documentation? Are you asking if they just issue term sheets before seeing if the deal conforms?
    Were any fees requested at term sheet?

The Term Sheet was issued on March 18th 2020 and it had a 6,000 dollar due diligence fee not to be paid until the lender was able to travel to the customers offices in either Texas or Arizona.

The Term Sheet was issued on March 18th 2020 and it had a 6,000 dollar due diligence fee not to be paid until the lender was able to travel to the customers offices in either Texas or Arizona.
    Hmmm. If the term sheet was signed, would a lien have been placed on their A/R? Any language in the docs mentioning this?

Ok, so it went something like this:

1. Client offered a fantastic looking term sheet with $6,000 in DD fees due at execution of term sheet.

2. Client feels uncomfortable with upfront fees from lender and says they want to meet face-to-face with lender.

3. Lender ghosts?

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

From what i understood their whole program is after to get the funders to agree under or over the table to take a cut . If those funders dont answer or do not agree to take a cut than the deal falls apart.
    Am I correct?

It went:

1) term sheet issued
    2) no fees charged
    3) we declined transaction based on findings post term sheet

Its a simple declined transaction during due diligence.

Please notice that we funded another file submitted by Michael's partner.

Our program and investors are internal and we fund internally. We do not work with outside investors.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Just our of curiosity..... How large was this deal where the term sheet was issued? Was the term sheet signed by both parties? Was the DD paid?
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

this should be interesting. He keeps on insisting that they funded your partner, yet you are saying you have no partner.
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Quote Originally Posted by KanjorskiPartners View Post
    Our program and investors are internal and we fund internally. We do not work with outside investors.
    Is a lien placed on A/R at execution of term sheet?

From Michael "You never funded a file I sent you - If you funded a file for Burt that is fine. "

Burt was said to be Michael's partner.

No lien placed on A/R at term sheet execution. We issue an indicative term sheet with the terms of a proposed transaction subject to our full due diligence and underwriting. There was no DD fee paid. We only ask for DD fees when we do on-site visits and background checks which we do on every deal. We ask for those expenses to be covered. Its a small DD fee. None taken on this declined transaction.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KanjorskiPartners View Post
    No lien placed on A/R at term sheet execution. We issue an indicative term sheet with the terms of a proposed transaction subject to our full due diligence and underwriting. There was no DD fee paid. We only ask for DD fees when we do on-site visits and background checks which we do on every deal. We ask for those expenses to be covered. Its a small DD fee. None taken on this declined transaction.
    Stefan,

Are you the same Stefan Bernarsky that was arrested on December 17th, charged with 4 felonies, and released on bail?

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cash View Post
    Stefan,

Are you the same Stefan Bernarsky that was arrested on December 17th, charged with 4 felonies, and released on bail?
    dayum...boy just had CLEAR report ran....well answer him Stefan, CHIEF investment officer...

Senior Member Reputation points: 54

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by fin4all View Post
    dayum...boy just had CLEAR report ran....well answer him Stefan, CHIEF investment officer...
    It's like "As the World Churns", or something like that....
    Mike Lewis - commercial real estate loan broker / owner
    No up front fees loan broker
    Commercial real estate loans: Acquisition, refinance, construction and FAST bridge loans from $200k +

tel/voicemail: 937-964-5355
    cell/voicemail: 440-637-5646
    corporate email: mikelewis@michaellewisgroup.com

www.linkedin.com/in/cigarmike

Veteran Owned

WE CO-BROKER with an even 50/50 split and we both get paid by wire at close.

We issue a combination mutual NDA / fee split, you introduce your CRE clients to us stating simply we handle your commercial real estate loans, we take it from there and keep you in the loop. When a loan you referred closes, you get paid at close by wire.If you can work with that please do not hesitate to contact us. Our loan forms are vanilla with no company name.

Michael Lewis Group Commercial real estate loans

http://michaellewisgroup.com/index.html

Loan Matrix

Forms

About Us

Discounted cell phone plans starting at $15 / month. AT&T from $30/mo, T-Mobile from $15/mo, Verizon from $35/mo.

http://arthodyd.com/d.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cash View Post
    Stefan,

Ok, let me update the scenario:

1. Client offered a fantastic looking term sheet with $6,000 in DD fees due at execution of term sheet.

2. Client feels uncomfortable with upfront fees from lender and says they want to meet face-to-face with lender.

3. Lender couldn’t meet face-to-face in another state because lender is on bail.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Know your customer! Know your referral sources! Know your sources of capital! Background checks are easy and cheap!
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley