Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 216519

Equity in airplane repair company

Not really a lending request, but its connected.

I was able to accomplish the most incredible deal last week, saving 28 hard working Americans their jobs, by helping my client, someone already involved in that industry, to purchase a similar business that was foreclosed upon by the bank, and would have been liquidated had it not been for our efforts. Special thanks to Rob Destefano at WBL, the teamwork on this deal was absolutely incredible.

That being said, his CFO described this as "white knuckle" time. Due to some competing brokers who made bad promises, he's in need of $300,000 - $500,000 of equity. My client has taken companies from bankruptcy to amazing success before, "This ain't his first rodeo."

INDUSTRY: Airplane Repair and Overhaul, Product Distribution, Commercial and Military Applications. He also converts passenger to cargo and vice-versa.

Kevin, don't worry, I'm following the law, I'm doing my duty to help my client. He really does need $300,000 - $500,000, for which he will provide equity to make this an easy transition, which translates into UP to 5% of equity. He doesn't care if there's 1000 people putting up $500, and even $50,000 would be helpful at this point. He has $15mm of government and commercial contracts he needs to fulfill, and wants to make it easy.

He will NOT take a loan at this stage. He is only offering equity, which will be some sort of preferred stock with year-end payouts on the profits.

Email me, I can send you more information.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Are you licensed by FINRA to sell equity invesments?
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Not really a lending request, but its connected.

I was able to accomplish the most incredible deal last week, saving 28 hard working Americans their jobs, by helping my client, someone already involved in that industry, to purchase a similar business that was foreclosed upon by the bank, and would have been liquidated had it not been for our efforts. Special thanks to Rob Destefano at WBL, the teamwork on this deal was absolutely incredible.

That being said, his CFO described this as "white knuckle" time. Due to some competing brokers who made bad promises, he's in need of $300,000 - $500,000 of equity. My client has taken companies from bankruptcy to amazing success before, "This ain't his first rodeo."

INDUSTRY: Airplane Repair and Overhaul, Product Distribution, Commercial and Military Applications. He also converts passenger to cargo and vice-versa.

Kevin, don't worry, I'm following the law, I'm doing my duty to help my client. He really does need $300,000 - $500,000, for which he will provide equity to make this an easy transition, which translates into UP to 5% of equity. He doesn't care if there's 1000 people putting up $500, and even $50,000 would be helpful at this point. He has $15mm of government and commercial contracts he needs to fulfill, and wants to make it easy.

He will NOT take a loan at this stage. He is only offering equity, which will be some sort of preferred stock with year-end payouts on the profits.

Email me, I can send you more information.
    As quickly as possible put this biz owner into a long-term SBA Loan. WBL is NOT a long-term solution.

or maybe leverage the $15 MM in government contracts.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Okay okay okay.... I knew this would happen.
    Kevin, I'm not looking to make money on it, I just want the best for the client to finish my job. He may likely loans / factoring in the future, and WBL did something super abnormal, I wouldn't want them to feel like they got a bad deal.

Dave, no SBA here. The new company is showing huge huge losses (hence why WBL was the right decision anyway). The CFO is working to get $1mm+ in government grants that are given to the airline industry right now, but they need cash ASAP. His long-term solution takes in about a year is to clawback of millions of dollars of assets that the company sold that it had no right to sell due to the existing liens from the bank, so paying off WBL will not be a problem.

And the government / FAA contracts, according to him, are not able to leveraged by law, whatever that means.
    He's a bit of a know-it-all, he's only right some of the time, but he claims they legally cannot be leveraged.
    However, it's a moot point, you didn't read my message. He is refusing debt at this point, no debt, ONLY equity.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    Are you licensed by FINRA to sell equity invesments?
    you didnt know hes one of half a dozen licensed by MCA-FINRA...hes got a series 8 (general mca representative) and a 25 mca principal .

Senior Member Reputation points: 337045

Okay okay okay.... I knew this would happen.
    Kevin, I'm not looking to make money on it, I just want the best for the client to finish my job. He may likely loans / factoring in the future, and WBL did something super abnormal, I wouldn't want them to feel like they got a bad deal.

Dave, no SBA here. The new company is showing huge huge losses (hence why WBL was the right decision anyway). The CFO is working to get $1mm+ in government grants that are given to the airline industry right now, but they need cash ASAP. His long-term solution takes in about a year is to clawback of millions of dollars of assets that the company sold that it had no right to sell due to the existing liens from the bank, so paying off WBL will not be a problem.
    Micah,

In some states you can still get yourself in a lot of trouble even if you are not receiving compensation. Some states even clauses that investors can demand the funds back if the equity was introduced by a non-licensed individual or entity.

KH
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

There is Regulation D and Rule 506
    However, I don't really care, if someone has a contact in a broker-dealer that wants to get this done, I'd be potentially able to throw it their way.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81655

Lightbulb

There is Regulation D and Rule 506
    However, I don't really care, if someone has a contact in a broker-dealer that wants to get this done, I'd be potentially able to throw it their way.
    I rep for a Company that handles Reg D - I myself have not handled, so I would have them guide your client.
    Call or contact me - you have my contact info.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111