Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Bystanders Who Could Be Heroes... or Not

If you were a bystander present in a situation similar to what the bystanders found themselves in prior to George Floyd's death, What would you do?

That question starts down a rabbit hole of more questions that need to be sorted out in ones head...

Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene in crimes?

How do you process if what you are witnessing is indeed a crime?

Does an action that would be considered a crime have a respect of person? Meaning, Can a Police officer actions be deemed a crime while on duty, or do they get a pass while on duty?

So if you ( as a bystander) were a CHL (Concealed Handgun License) holder and you witnessed a police officer engaging in a life threating crime, would the CHL holder be justified in using lethal force to stop the act?

Tough questions.....

According to the Texas CHL law in regard to bystanders justifiably using deadly force to someone else.**

https://www.utsystem.edu/sites/defau...ndstatutes.pdf

PC §9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON.

PC §9.22. NECESSITY.

PC §9.21. PUBLIC DUTY.

I feel as what I saw on the video recording became a clear crime approximately 10 seconds after*George Floyd passed out but the officer remained on his neck. It could be looked at, that by the officer remaining on his neck, the officer is now using unlawful deadly force. Which a CHL holder has a public duty in defense of a 3rd person to use lawful deadly force against the actor (in this situation the actor so happens to work as a police officer also).

So I ask myself what would I have done if I personally saw the entire event unfold 5 feet away from me.

Man... That is a hard question to answer... To say what you would have done if you were present and witnessed this entire event.

Due to the self-preservation instinct. I think most of us would not have done a damn thing in this exact scenario, other than watch and bear witness. Including me, and I have a CHL licence.

Self-Preservation-Instinct
    https://dictionary.apa.org/self-preservation-instinct

The fundamental tendency of humans and nonhuman animals to behave so as to avoid injury and maximize chances of survival (e.g., by fleeing from dangerous situations or predators). In his early formulations of classic psychoanalytic theory, Sigmund Freud proposed that self-preservation was one of two instincts that motivated human behavior, the other being the sexual instinct. In his later formulations, he combined both instincts into the concept of Eros, or the life instinct, and opposed them to Thanatos, the death instinct.

WTF!

Attorney for Officer Charged in George Floyd Death Questions Why Public Didn't Intercede to Prevent Floyd's Death

The lawyer for one of the former police officers charged in the death of George Floyd questioned why the public "didn't intercede" to stop Floyd's death. During an appearance on CNN's Cuomo Prime Time, Gray singled out the public when asked why his client did not attempt to stop Floyd's death.

Really!!!! If I can deduce the reason behind why people would not act in that situation due to the fundamental Self Preservation Instinct why could the Lawyer not?

Most people are not able to override basic instincts unless they have a very deep bond with the person that needs to be helped, like a Family member or close Friend). Or have under gone some sort of special training or mental preparedness, like Kamikaze Pilots, Suicide Bombers, or Front-line Marines.

To think that a normal person can override a basic instinct for a stranger is Ludicrous! I can't believe the Lawyer would say or hint around such a thing.

More 1st hand bystander reports are being released... Again, I could not imagine being in that situation and now having to carry the burden that your inaction possibly led to someone else dying.. I imagine all the people that witnessed this 1st hand is experiencing some sort of PTSD.

I wonder if it is possible to put someone in a PTSD mental state by watching something virtually that has already happened? I wonder if a cross section of active protesters from various demographics and races, if psychoanalyzed, would show signs of PTSD even though they have not necessarily witnessed anything in person that would have lead to a PTSD diagnosis. PTSD by Proxy,, is that even a thing? It may just be... If so, that may explain the unprecedented global demonstrations, and corporate activism we are seeing in relation to this incident.

Newly released 1st hand witness account below...
    https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/geo...76cdf75d4d7df4

"The Minneapolis Police Department also released two 911 transcripts, including one from an unidentified off-duty city firefighter who witnessed the incident and said, “I’m on the block of 38th and Chicago and I literally watched police officers not take a pulse and not do anything to save a man, and I am a first responder myself, and I literally have it on video camera… I just happened to be on a walk so, this dude, this, they (expletive) killed him so...""
    Last edited by Winning; 06-15-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Any bystander who had intervened would Likely be dead. This is a last gasp attempt by the legal team on no legs and no other strategy.

At this point, it’s either the offender’s head(s) or the ensuing public response/consequences would be unfathomable to behold.

www.B2BRecon.com - High revenue merchants rejected by traditional banks.