Uplfyt capital refusing to pay commissions on renewals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Uplfyt capital refusing to pay commissions on renewals

My client renewed with uplyft and they are refusing to pay commission to us.

The merchant had been on lowered payment with them, due to covid19 uplyft was still willing to offer the merchant

$54K Renewal the customer netter a little under $20K but has a new payback amount with a daily of roughly $500

based on the standard renewal contracts the client signed, and was funded on we are entitled to commission but they are refusing it saying that the customer was in modification and due to that they are restructuring the debt not renewing the file.

Which is total BS since they put new funds in the clients account, so they are not restructuring they are renewing which they should pay commission on.

Anyways looks like were being jerked around here but for everyone else please be aware of this tactic by Uplyft and i guess will try to collect from them in different ways.

Senior Member Reputation points: 29291

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCap View Post

The merchant had been on lowered payment with them, due to covid19 uplyft was still willing to offer the merchant

$54K Renewal the customer netter a little under $20K but has a new payback amount with a daily of roughly $500

based on the standard renewal contracts the client signed, and was funded on we are entitled to commission but they are refusing it saying that the customer was in modification and due to that they are restructuring the debt not renewing the file.

Which is total BS since they put new funds in the clients account, so they are not restructuring they are renewing which they should pay commission on.

Anyways looks like were being jerked around here but for everyone else please be aware of this tactic by Uplyft and i guess will try to collect from them in different ways.
    Aren't they brokers?

I never used them due to hearing that.

Are they actually funding inhouse now?

They are funders themselves

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Yeah no iso will ever work with them if they doing things like this. My guess is they are going out of business and trying to make what they could on way out.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

...watching this thread...

Senior Member Reputation points: 14399

Uplyft doesn't use external ISO's any longer. They have an internal team and they fund on fintech platforms. BTW: I believe this to be correct at the time of this post. I could be wrong. Who the f**k knows any longer. Anybody here need a PPP?
    Last edited by Shorebird; 05-13-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

is it more systematic that renewals are not being paid using the covid crisis as the reason across the industry?

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    is it more systematic that renewals are not being paid using the covid crisis as the reason across the industry?
    This is the first time I have heard that BS excuse......

If you are not going to pay the rep, then don't fund it!

Some of these MFing kids need a visit by a team with baseball bats, I swear. Y'aint never had an ass kicking....and it shows

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    across what industry? i have been getting paid on all renewals. Is that what uplyft and your company are doing? can you name any others?

Senior Member Reputation points: 35870

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Yeah no iso will ever work with them if they doing things like this. My guess is they are going out of business and trying to make what they could on way out.
    agreed. I wont be sending them business. Its unacceptable. Bringing in deals takes time and money, pulling **** like this shows you have no respect or appreication for the people who work for you and bring you business. It will bite them in the ass.

Member Reputation points: 325

Such short term thinking. I don't understand companies / people that act like this. Very short term monetary gain with negative effects in the long run.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." - Warren Buffett

They are refusing the pay the CM on the renewal, and are not responding to any request.
    Just shows the type of business they are trying to operate now, they don"t value the referral partner.

Has anyone had experiences of not getting paid and been able to collect at some point through other actions?

Banned Reputation points: 7898

They are refusing the pay the CM on the renewal, and are not responding to any request.
    Just shows the type of business they are trying to operate now, they don"t value the referral partner.

Has anyone had experiences of not getting paid and been able to collect at some point through other actions?
    Whos your rep? Have you talked or email the owner MM?

Banned Reputation points: 7898

Quote Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
    Uplyft doesn't use external ISO's any longer. They have an internal team and they fund on fintech platforms. BTW: I believe this to be correct at the time of this post. I could be wrong. Who the f**k knows any longer. Anybody here need a PPP?
    they also still send deals out as an ISO to other funders. They recently moved to a new office in sunny isles with a good amount of staff

This pretty funny because i didnt pay them on a deal last year after I cut them off due to some BS they were doing/saying and I had 2 people from their office screaming over the commission. Ended up paying something since i was sick of the complaining but funny they can do it to others especially if the ISO they originally funded it with didnt do anything bad or intentional to ruin to relationship.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

they aren't the only one's who send out deals to other funder's. there are some mca/loan companies who farm out 40% or more of their deal flow. its suppose to be direct deals only but who audits that not to mention once they fund a deal they no longer consider it "your" deal and if the account underperforms, those deals are going thru back door to have someone pay off the bal

My rep was Laurie, however a guy named Kevin took over the request to get paid and just flat out told us were not getting paid. I have emailed Mike Massa the Owner no response from him.

Im having my lawyer look through my options to go after the commission amount owed. I dont have a direct number for Mike, cant get in touch with anyone else at the company now outside of this Kevin guy.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Interesting-Somebody from their firm called a while back stating they were a broker and seeking other products to offer clients. I never heard from them again.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Kapitus did the same thing to me. Renewed a customer to drop his daily payment and paid me $0.
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Senior Member Reputation points: 5110 LJH365's Avatar

Thanks for letting us all know. I'll it it to the list funders/brokers I'll never work with.

I hope you resolve it. If not, I hope a better/bigger deal comes along for you soon :-)
    Sean Hawley
    CEO
    Bright Light Funding
    Bright Light Freight
    shawley@brightlightfunding.com.com
    631-827-3847
    Term Loans, LOC, MCA (focus on Transportation & Trucking)

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Kapitus did the same thing to me. Renewed a customer to drop his daily payment and paid me $0.
    weird they paid me on renewals this week .Has to be more to the story in ten years i never heard about them screwing someone

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

My rep was Laurie, however a guy named Kevin took over the request to get paid and just flat out told us were not getting paid. I have emailed Mike Massa the Owner no response from him.

Im having my lawyer look through my options to go after the commission amount owed. I dont have a direct number for Mike, cant get in touch with anyone else at the company now outside of this Kevin guy.
    Depending on the dollar amount, you might want to chalk it in as a LESSON LEARNED. Unless you want to spend more in legal fees than you are owed?

Member Reputation points: 7855 Richard Gomez's Avatar

A friend caught them backdooring him, he confronted MM the owner and they guy kept back peddling on the phone. They are a little lender that shops out files, period. Submit at your own risk.
    Gómez Capital Funding
    Richard Gómez~Director of Funding
    12555 Biscayne Blvd
    North Miami, FL 33181
    917.600.5647 Mobile
    305.320.7125 Office
    305.513.5735 Fax
    Richard@gomezcapitalfunding.com
    www.gomezcapitalfunding.com