Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

When are we Back?

I think by now we're all on the same page that our economy, and by extension, this industry, is on major pause. Any ideas (if you have some sourcing, even better) on when we may reopen? As both an economy, and an industry?

In NY Coumo estimated begining of May we will see the peak (https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-be-in-45-days).

I think the rest of the country is lagging behind except for Cali maybe. But those are the two biggest states, I assume they'll reopen first. The optimist in me says June, the pessimist says August. Anyone else venture to guess?

I think the crowdsourced estimates may help people plan, to whatever extent they can.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Never will be the same..

Senior Member Reputation points: 23750

I think we will have a better guess about this at the end of April but I will say best guess July, worst Sept/Oct before life gets back to some normalcy.

Most funders will be gone, some will consolidate and I think most fundings in the beginning will be very short offers back to the old days of 4 - 6 month terms.

When are we Back?

a realistic optimist would say June, a realistic pessimist would say August...But this industry has enough smart people to get creative and figure out a way to get everyone going by July the latest ...gulp, i hope...

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by fma123 View Post
    a realistic optimist would say June, a realistic pessimist would say August...But this industry has enough smart people to get creative and figure out a way to get everyone going by July the latest ...gulp, i hope...
    I don’t see this industry recovering until next year. Once the overall economy gets going again, it will take 4-6 months before Funders will be able to have some idea of how to properly underwrite deals.

Also, how many Funders are even going to have lines available? Can’t imagine investors will feel comfortable for quite a while.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

In other news, last week Rand Paul voted against the coronavirus bill. His father, Ron Paul, just wrote an article calling coronavirus a hoax.

Today, Rand Paul tested positive for Coronavirus.

God bless his neighbor.