Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 5633

Building Business Credit to Get An LOC to Use For Syndication As An ISO

Coming up on our 1 year in business and I'm curious if any ISO shops have an LOC with their local bank to use for syndication. I imagine this is unlikely, but thought I would see if anyone has success with this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Quote Originally Posted by ryanh View Post
    Coming up on our 1 year in business and I'm curious if any ISO shops have an LOC with their local bank to use for syndication. I imagine this is unlikely, but thought I would see if anyone has success with this.

The issue isn't getting the LOC, it's getting an amount that's sizable enough to consistently participate in a nice amount of deals, (not just 1 - 3 small deals a month), and one that will grow as you do. Most don't, and you typically see lenders moving up from investor to investor/institution.

Local banks also don't get too excited when you tell them you're borrowing money to in order to lend it (some will auto-decline if you say that), so try to give them another business reason (that's plausible, and not a lie). But either way good luck.

I have a few possible options for private investors, feel free to reach out.

917 727 1624

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Quote Originally Posted by ryanh View Post
    Fix your credit, go to Sofi.com, take $100,000 at 10% APR. Wash rinse repeat.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    The issue isn't getting the LOC, it's getting an amount that's sizable enough to consistently participate in a nice amount of deals, (not just 1 - 3 small deals a month), and one that will grow as you do. Most don't, and you typically see lenders moving up from investor to investor/institution.

Local banks also don't get too excited when you tell them you're borrowing money to in order to lend it (some will auto-decline if you say that), so try to give them another business reason (that's plausible, and not a lie). But either way good luck.

I have a few possible options for private investors, feel free to reach out.

917 727 1624
    Well he wouldn't be lending he would be buying and selling a product. Future Sales.