Third party inspections are expensive and super slow
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Third party inspections are expensive and super slow

Hi Everyone, just wanted to provide some information about the company I work for, Truepic, since we work with a ton of folks in the small business lending space. Lenders are using Truepic's virtual inspection capabilities to streamline inspections for their companies and its borrowers.

Lenders are able to collect photos & videos that are 100% verified through proprietary forensic checks that have the same authenticity as in-person inspections. Our virtual inspections are completed by the Borrower and the information is instantaneously sent to the Lender. Further, our inspections cost a fraction compared to a traditional in-person inspection.

Here are some ways in which our Lending partners implement our platform:

General Underwriting - Small Business owners can provide pictures to the Underwriter within minutes and at their own discretion.
    Business Signage
    Hours of operations posted on the front door
    Exterior photo of a business
    Required Licenses displayed at the business
    Materials
    Inventory
    Equipment
    All payment terminals
    Business license
    Photo of the Borrower’s Driver’s license
    A self-image (“selfie”) matching driver’s license photo

Equipment Financing – Borrowers use Video to confirm the Equipment is working. They take photos/videos of the following:

Serial Number
    All sides of the Equipment
    Verify the location of the Equipment - confirm it is at the Borrower’s business and not at the location of the Vendor
    Any damage/lack of damage
    A self-image of Borrower with the Equipment

Collections - Confirm with pictures the damage of the Client’s business. Have Borrowers use Vision to take photos/videos of the following:

Damaged equipment
    Inventory
    Business location, etc.

If anyone is interested in a live-demo via screenshare let me know. If after seeing the demo you think its a great fit, we can set your team up with a pilot.

Cheers,
    Travis

email: travis@truepic.com

Company Address:
    7660 Fay Ave Suite H 376.
    La Jolla, CA 92037

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Quote Originally Posted by TravisDavis View Post
    Hi Everyone, just wanted to provide some information about the company I work for, Truepic, since we work with a ton of folks in the small business lending space. Lenders are using Truepic's virtual inspection capabilities to streamline inspections for their companies and its borrowers.

Lenders are able to collect photos & videos that are 100% verified through proprietary forensic checks that have the same authenticity as in-person inspections. Our virtual inspections are completed by the Borrower and the information is instantaneously sent to the Lender. Further, our inspections cost a fraction compared to a traditional in-person inspection.

Here are some ways in which our Lending partners implement our platform:

General Underwriting - Small Business owners can provide pictures to the Underwriter within minutes and at their own discretion.
    Business Signage
    Hours of operations posted on the front door
    Exterior photo of a business
    Required Licenses displayed at the business
    Materials
    Inventory
    Equipment
    All payment terminals
    Business license
    Photo of the Borrower’s Driver’s license
    A self-image (“selfie”) matching driver’s license photo

Equipment Financing – Borrowers use Video to confirm the Equipment is working. They take photos/videos of the following:

Serial Number
    All sides of the Equipment
    Verify the location of the Equipment - confirm it is at the Borrower’s business and not at the location of the Vendor
    Any damage/lack of damage
    A self-image of Borrower with the Equipment

Collections - Confirm with pictures the damage of the Client’s business. Have Borrowers use Vision to take photos/videos of the following:

Damaged equipment
    Inventory
    Business location, etc.

If anyone is interested in a live-demo via screenshare let me know. If after seeing the demo you think its a great fit, we can set your team up with a pilot.

Cheers,
    Travis

email: travis@truepic.com

Company Address:
    7660 Fay Ave Suite H 376.
    La Jolla, CA 92037
    These guys are awesome! Incredible technology. Super easy to use. And Super Affordable. If you're not using them, you should be!

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i honestly dont remember the last time a site inspection was required on a deal

Senior Member Reputation points: 26419

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    just closed one that required mobile site inspection, took a few minutes, wasnt a big deal

Yup but like anything else, it was cumbersome and other funders didn't require it so it fell of. These guys are making it super easy so it's going to become a standard again.

Yup not at all. Really recommend demoing their tech. Very cool. And why shouldn't we all be a little safer from straight fraud?

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

EBF has been requiring it for deals over $50k (or so) for some time.
    I have an offer from Rapid and stip #8 is: "Site inspection for deals over $105k with TruePic"

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I have an offer from Rapid and stip #8 is: "Site inspection for deals over $105k with TruePic"
    Lol what were the first 7 geez

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

I must of just thought it was pictures and not going through this technology

We love working with the teams at Rapid and EBF! Here is a link to our partners page with a testimonial from OnDeck:

https://truepic.com/our-partners/

Weirdly enough, a lender that inbounded to us last week thought the same thing looking at Rapid's site.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10109

We were one of the first to adopt TruePic's technology and it's a tremendous tool. Site surveys have been invaluable to us, and we are able to identify cases of fraud through it. But we underwrite for risk. *shrug*
    Last edited by kpeng; 02-06-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
    We were one of the first to adopt TruePic's technology and it's a tremendous tool. Site surveys have been invaluable to us, and we were able to identify cases of fraud through it. But we underwrite for risk. *shrug*
    Thank you for the kind words Ken! The account team loves you guys!

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Seriously. We have been able to use cell phone snapshots

Yup but they can just take pictures of other pictures, or create fake images, or not actually be in that location. For a pretty low price these guys confirm all that and a whole lot more and they make it super simple for the merchant and the funder. Small deals may not be worth it but larger files its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
    We were one of the first to adopt TruePic's technology and it's a tremendous tool. Site surveys have been invaluable to us, and we are able to identify cases of fraud through it. But we underwrite for risk. *shrug*
    What! Why would you do that? Just check if Ondeck is in the deal and if they're paying #mcaunderwriting

Senior Member Reputation points: 10109

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    What! Why would you do that? Just check if Ondeck is in the deal and if they're paying #mcaunderwriting
    Man...why didn't I think of that? Why are we wasting our time training and screening all of our underwriters or looking into new risk assessment software?