California Restaurant Funded $700,000 by Yellowstone Capital
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 3217 CO1's Avatar

So I was on Sean Murray's website for (http://www.merchantprocessingresource.com/) the head line reads "California Restaurant Funded $700,000 by Yellowstone Capital" !! Ok; I have been in this Industry for about 3 years and I have been with 3 different companies from a Direct Funder to a broker to a Direct-Funder/Broker and I did work on a deal while at Capital Stack for 300k but it died and I have never ever funded anything that high in my career in this industry so I wanted to do know where the hell are these deals coming from?! I have done it all Cold call, Predictive Dialer, Press 1, Lendio, Social Media, dont get me wrong I congradulate Yellowstone and lets not forget Rapids 1. something million deal. So now is there like something wrong I am doing or what?!

Senior Member Reputation points: 2463

If you read in the article it didn't start out as a 700K... It was 75K then 125K and then the $500K came along but from what the article stated and what Yellowstone has stated it was $500K for expansion so my guess would be that they are funding off his growth potential with the new locations and expansion.

Senior Member Reputation points: 903 Scott Williams's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about funding one deal for 700k. There are very few of those types of deals getting funded each month. I would focus on funding 10 deals for 70k each and then you are making the same amount of money.

I am aware of what the article states Heather. My point was that I just dont understand where those types of accounts come from. And scott this is true on what you said, Thanks.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

The $4M SFS "Mob Experience" deal is a good story. I think they recovered about $160k before the legal disaster. lol. I'm not even sure what happened after the court battle ensued.

Good read:

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/se...mob-experienc/

Ah yes! I remember this story! It was a story i heard about before I entered into the Industry from a friend that was in the Industry already which struck a curiosity in me which lead me into it after 3 years im still here.

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

Heather actually reads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherF View Post
    If you read in the article it didn't start out as a 700K... It was 75K then 125K and then the $500K came along but from what the article stated and what Yellowstone has stated it was $500K for expansion so my guess would be that they are funding off his growth potential with the new locations and expansion.

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

I did a 1.2 million $ advance for a retail company, fully paid back and it got no press. Maybe I should have been promoting that and tooting my horn.
    What you think?

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

if your trying to build your brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I did a 1.2 million $ advance for a retail company, fully paid back and it got no press. Maybe I should have been promoting that and tooting my horn.
    What you think?

Red face

I was just stating that the 700K is not reflective of the merchants actual size... not that you didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital Stack View Post
    Heather actually reads
    I got a couple lines in before my ADHD kicked in.

1.2 Million ey. Congrats man. Whats your secret? Lol.

Funding these large deals is no easy task...it's important to partner up on these large deals with a funding company you trust. We brought this specific deal to Strategic Funding....the CEO and CFO actually flew out an met the owners personally. I think in this case it gave everyone a certain comfort level which you need when you are giving a merchant this much money at one time.

Sfs once again showed us why they are a true partner!!

It might not be easy to anyone to give out that much money uncolleteralized but these specific deals seem to pop up a lot but not to frequenct..

A lot of the merchants applying these days have higher fico scores and extremely strong financials....I guess banks are still not lending!!

Because the cats out the bag! Merchants understand that its Banks that are behind this again. I had a merchant ask me "Which Bank do i work with?" & I replyed no bank and they did not believe it, So maybe this will be the Industry standard like the processor companies saying they are wells fargo which i witnessed many times.