Over the years I have learned that time is a vampire. I have closed many transactions up and down the balance sheet with all types of institutions. Now that I am a capital provider myself, some of the same things I have learned and noticed over the years have not changed. Here are a few of them:

-The day you put your interest in front of the client's interest is the day your clients will start treating you like a vendor instead of a partner or not call you at all.
-If you don't take the time to learn about the client, their company, and their need, you will eventually waste a lot of your time and everyone else's.
-Responses- If a client is not responding to your requests for information, a proposal that was sent out, or documents needed to close a deal.....chances are you are not closing a deal.
-I will always give of my time to clients and referral relationships first and foremost. The chances of closing a deal with a former client or a solid referral partner are always better than a cold or luke warm lead.