Asking for a friend
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Asking for a friend

Buddy has a MCA shop, dealing with rogue broker who is backdooring deals/ data.
    I'm curious to know how he can deal with issues like this, and all around, protecting data and information.

Want to know what kind of security should be put in place, besides the obvious Camera with sound, but what are some steps you would take to protect your data and your merchants data and protect your business all around from information theft/leaking.

anyone feel free to offer constructive advice, I would love to have some fresh ideas, and learn more about how one can protect a business, assets and information.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Tell "Buddy" that his exposure and risk is through the roof. Tell them to save the cameras etc and call a meeting, with an attorney present, and make it clear that all deeds past and future will be prosecuted. And that any privacy breach of the so-called client's data or the company's deals and leads are being watched and noticed.

That is step one for a few hundred dollars to your attorney. If you need a step two, it will be a short road to the death spiral of the shop. #typical