Im Confused
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im Confused

As I see all these posts and comments showing hate towards Yellowstone I find it confusing. Yellowstone like it or not has helped all of us earn more money. I started in this industry over a decade ago when you only had firsts and had to wait for a guy to be 50% paid off in order to fund. Without the stacking deals much less money would be earned and alot more marketing would be spent. Im sure YS will get thru this. Every year we hear about regulation coming but it never does. The best way to regulate this industry is from within. Filter out the predatory Lenders and Brokers. Good Luck to everyone reading this. Lets make alot of money and keep this industry going as long as we can !!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 57713

i'm going to start using the the term predatory for everything... i paid for a predatory cup of coffee the other day 5 dollars for some espresso, got me.. got a predatory slice of pizza too for 5 dollars, i was too hungry should have ate breakfast... paid for some predatory sneakers 220 dollars, damn... predatory tshirts are going for 50-75 dollars a piece now... man i'm just a CONSUMER .... AG should be going after these businesses for predatory products... when you're in business you are held to a higher standard... it's kill or be killed, sell or be sold... all the stuff going on is not about predatory lenders or usury rates, it's about over aggressive collection tactics and fraudulent docs...

Well Don Dolla I hope you make alot of money in 2019 so you can continue to buy all those items ...btw 2 slices of a good pizza for $5 isnt bad ...

i didn't buy the tshirts... gotta draw the line somewhere

small businesses are the real predators.. lol outrageous , i'm going to amazon..

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

whatever the reason be, everyone needs to figure out how they plan to stay in business when COJ's are no longer able to be used.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

One thing great about this industry is that it seems to find ways to evolve. Im looking forward to see what is on the horizon.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Fundingfordollars View Post
    As I see all these posts and comments showing hate towards Yellowstone I find it confusing. Yellowstone like it or not has helped all of us earn more money. I started in this industry over a decade ago when you only had firsts and had to wait for a guy to be 50% paid off in order to fund.!
    I remember those days. Back then the great majority of my merchants renewed. Some for 3-4 years. Not knocking YSC at all, as I’ve made a ton of money off them. They always had their place. Just pointing out that the stackers also hurt renewals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 60165

"The best way to regulate this industry is from within. Filter out the predatory Lenders and Brokers"

the time for that has passed the ugly in the industry obv cant be cleaned hence the reason all these articles are out

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    i'm going to start using the the term predatory for everything... i paid for a predatory cup of coffee the other day 5 dollars for some espresso, got me.. got a predatory slice of pizza too for 5 dollars, i was too hungry should have ate breakfast... paid for some predatory sneakers 220 dollars, damn... predatory tshirts are going for 50-75 dollars a piece now... man i'm just a CONSUMER .... AG should be going after these businesses for predatory products... when you're in business you are held to a higher standard... it's kill or be killed, sell or be sold... all the stuff going on is not about predatory lenders or usury rates, it's about over aggressive collection tactics and fraudulent docs...
    Here you go: http://zimmerli-us-en.shopgate.com/i...oogle_shopping

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    whatever the reason be, everyone needs to figure out how they plan to stay in business when COJ's are no longer able to be used.
    It’s going to go back to how things were like 3 years ago before COJs started taking over. I remember the first time I saw a COJ was thru EBF on a renewal. I was shocked. I was like, “how am I supposed to ask my client to sign this?”

Its crazy how the industry has changed since then. Hard to keep a client loyal no matter how good you treat them.... they will take an offer from anyone now a days

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    It’s going to go back to how things were like 3 years ago before COJs started taking over. I remember the first time I saw a COJ was thru EBF on a renewal. I was shocked. I was like, “how am I supposed to ask my client to sign this?”
    I got cursed out and lost my first few approvals that had COJ`s lol

I got cursed out and lost my first few approvals that had COJ`s lol
    Haha. To me, presenting a COJ to a merchant was a lot like a police officer notifying a a victim’s family of a death. The first ones were so uncomfortable, but after that it became so routine.

With that having been said, I think in the past 3 years I’ve only had 2 people turndown offers because of a COJ. One of them asked me some really good questions, one of which is: “what are the triggering events, in detail”?

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

the press has had its effects, the last few deals merchant's asked us if a COJ was necessary.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

Haha. To me, presenting a COJ to a merchant was a lot like a police officer notifying a a victim’s family of a death. The first ones were so uncomfortable, but after that it became so routine.

With that having been said, I think in the past 3 years I’ve only had 2 people turndown offers because of a COJ. One of them asked me some really good questions, one of which is: “what are the triggering events, in detail”?
    as a broker, you really can't answer that question because you have no idea what YSC or any other coj funder really will do in their collections. you can try and explain as best as possible, but, now knowing merchants banks have been drained, will you continue to push cojs?

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    as a broker, you really can't answer that question because you have no idea what YSC or any other coj funder really will do in their collections. you can try and explain as best as possible, but, now knowing merchants banks have been drained, will you continue to push cojs?
    That’s a tough one. I always felt the competitive advantage I had was speed getting offers from funders that offer exclusivity and no COJs. Felt that if my offer didn’t have a COJ, but the other brokers did, I would most likely win the deal. So I try to stay as far away from COJs as possible. Really, I try to stay away from MCAs as a whole. But when you have files that are obvious MCA fits its hard not to place them - even with COJ funders.

Knowing what I know now, will I still place merchants with YSC and others? Yep. But I’m going to explain what’s at stake with much more clarity. I’m also going to explain that a triggering event isn’t clear, so the best way to avoid issues is to stay in communication with the funder. At that point they have to make a decision on what’s best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    My answer was and will continue to be is " if you plan on paying them back with no issues the COJ shouldnt make a difference".

That’s a tough one. I always felt the competitive advantage I had was speed getting offers from funders that offer exclusivity and no COJs. Felt that if my offer didn’t have a COJ, but the other brokers did, I would most likely win the deal. So I try to stay as far away from COJs as possible. Really, I try to stay away from MCAs as a whole. But when you have files that are obvious MCA fits its hard not to place them - even with COJ funders.

Knowing what I know now, will I still place merchants with YSC and others? Yep. But I’m going to explain what’s at stake with much more clarity. I’m also going to explain that a triggering event isn’t clear, so the best way to avoid issues is to stay in communication with the funder. At that point they have to make a decision on what’s best for them.
    What are deals are you prospecting if you dont mind me asking since you are shying away from MCA`s ?

What are deals are you prospecting if you dont mind me asking since you are shying away from MCA`s ?
    I like the path of least resistance. Commercial real estate seems underserved.

I like the path of least resistance. Commercial real estate seems underserved.
    Good Luck to you with it. I love the fast sales cycle of the MCA product. My biggest issue is marketing. Its such a gamble in this industry. Very hard to find a great source.

Good Luck to you with it. I love the fast sales cycle of the MCA product. My biggest issue is marketing. Its such a gamble in this industry. Very hard to find a great source.
    I hear you. Don’t get me wrong, my focus has never been solely in the MCA space. I always focus elsewhere, but the MCA tool is a very valuable one to have. Businesses get caught with their pants down every now and then and need a quick $100k. Take away MCAs and some of these guys would be missing payroll.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

^ Frame This

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dolla View Post
    Haha This was a great post!